Don: From a name brand like LG, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic or Philips?
I've tried TCL, Devant, Haier & "My View" and the image quality has a lot to be desired. GUI is uhhhhh.
Some fun facts that I learned on TV upgrade cycle for a typical household
- New display is bought every 6.9 years on average
- Replacing an aging CRT TV
- Replacing a first generation LCD TV
- 32-inch is the most popular screen size for developing countries
- 44-inch is the most popular screen size for developed countries
- $940 tends to be the budget for new TVs in developed countries
- Declining price is a motivation to buy
- Newer technology
- More sizes available
I like the LED TVs with WiFi and Ethernet as I can stream my vids directly to the TV. A USB plug is also useful when networking is not practical.
I'm not that hot with Smart TVs unless they sport a more uniform GUI like that of iOS or Android for phones/tablets.