Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Nemorino

EOS R5
Aug 29, 2020
That little goldcrest is just wonderful.
I wish I could see one again. Right now I only hear them in the forrest.
Thank you! :D
Some goldcrest appear in a very small part of a local park during winter time. Now I have to wait till next winter. :(
R5 + Rf 100-500 + 1.4TC
@ 1/4000s, f/10, iso 25 600
more goldcrest_03.jpg
more goldcrest_02.jpg
more goldcrest.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
My day started pretty gray in the beginning: shortly after I arrived to my walking path it started drizzling - I was happy to get that White Eye!
Just an +/- 2-3 hours later, when at home I noticed something very bright standing on a stem of sugar cane near my house! And the rain was gone (off course - it's there when I'm out:mad:). I was sure it's just a bird that escaped an enclosure (There is nothing similar around from the parrots that made permanent presence here): until a lady behind of me asked: "Do you like him? It's my pet"! I knew her - they come recently around but I didn't know they have a pet! Any way - rather colorful for difference from the White Eye! I still have to figure out the ID but for now it looks like a Sun Parakeet (Aratinga solstitialis).
DSC_5702_DxO.jpgDSC_5766_DxO.jpgDSC_5777_DxO.jpgDSC_5794_DxO.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
My day started pretty gray in the beginning: shortly after I arrived to my walking path it started drizzling - I was happy to get that White Eye!
Just an +/- 2-3 hours later, when at home I noticed something very bright standing on a stem of sugar cane near my house! And the rain was gone (off course - it's there when I'm out:mad:). I was sure it's just a bird that escaped an enclosure (There is nothing similar around from the parrots that made permanent presence here): until a lady behind of me asked: "Do you like him? It's my pet"! I knew her - they come recently around but I didn't know they have a pet! Any way - rather colorful for difference from the White Eye! I still have to figure out the ID but for now it looks like a Sun Parakeet (Aratinga solstitialis).
View attachment 216250View attachment 216251View attachment 216252View attachment 216253
Yeah - the Parakeet is lovely because of the colors! Since it's in the neighborhood I may have a chance to take a photo at better light! Too much contrast light and blown highlights in these photos...

Upvote 0