Third Party Manufacturers / Re: Off Brand: Sony Announces the A7 & A7R Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras« on: October 16, 2013, 02:30:30 PM »
Do Canon EF and EF-S lenses both fit these cameras? Good possibility without a mirror?
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Isn't the net effect that you are basically renting usage time on the software? What I mean is this--if you spend 2 years in it at a cost of $720 and then decide you have all the features you need and don't want any more upgrade, you have exactly nothing if you close your subscription, right? As opposed to spending that money on an actual software license that you can use indefinitely?
I've been mildly tempted, but it's the being locked in forever or you've got nothing (if indeed that's the case) that is the biggest turnoff to me.
Can't canon just design a LP-E6 II....same shape, better internals and work with any camera that takes the LP-E6
I love the autofocus system. I hated the autofocus on my 5D classic and my 7D was only a little better. Since I was trying to use prime lenses wide open for the shallow DOF it was really frustrating.
And these don't even account for the occasional deals that show up on ebay and the like.
I was about to put this in the portraits section, but that looks to be mostly for posting taken shots, rather than for questions.
I'm a noob at everything as you can tell from other posts...learning video and stills. I live in New Orleans, lots of stuff going on here as you can imagine...from new movies and other entertainment being filmed and processed here (especially due to tax breaks LA give down here)...but also, to the old 'bread and butter' industries around say, the French Quarter.
That preamble being stated...
I have friends around town...many of whom have worked as DJ's around town to bouncers at strip clubs locally. And I mean the good ones too.
One of them is a good friend and has lots of the female strippers/erotic models in town as friends and he's talked me up to them and many are enthusiastic about me taking pics of them for their portfolios. Some saw some PP I was doing experimenting with styles, etc....and wants me to take some images of her, and do the color isolation on some of them....to show off her tatoos...I'm thinking something along the lines of her laying face down on bed nude (no naughty parts showing in the image)...to get the body art in with her...etc.
Anyway, I've not done any portrait or pro photography at all...and these models understand that. So, I'm wondering things like:
1. Any precautions to be taken when taking pics of women, potentially with nudity? I don't wanna get sued or have some whacko accuse me of something. I'm purely business here.
Be very sure to get a signed model release that clearly states all your agreements with the model!!!!!!!
2. I'm starting to try to read up on regular portrait type photography...but guessing that something more erotic would be a more specialized theme...does anyone have any suggestions or links to read up on this?
3. I'm not trying to be paranoid, but with everything you hear on the news, etc...are there any pitfalls I should look out for?
4. With regular or erotic photography...do you need to get consent/release forms signed? I'd want to have some release for me to use any images for my portfolio too for any really good shots I take, after all...I'm wanting to earn a bit of $$ off this to pay for my photog habit I'm rapidly developing.
5. What to charge? What do people normally charge for regular portrait photography? Would there be a premium on something more erotic? Again, I'm being honest about my skills...so, I'm fine with some early trade off of not charging much...in order for me to get experience with real live people as models, and try to build my own portfolio.
I've always been the type to figure that in order to learn something, you read and absorb all you can from good basic research, and then try to jump in with both feet and learn by doing....but this area gave me pause and I thought I'd ask.
I mean, let's face it, I have NO problem with hanging out with as many scantily clad women as possible....and there no shortage of potential customers here in New Orleans....if I do well, word of mouth with my friends could potentially mean some good $$ and well, lets' face it..this could be fun.
But I just wondered if anyone here could give some advice or links to more info....I can see potential both good and possibly bad.
Thanks in advance,
This is awesome for many users. I didn't see anything about lighting up the AF points like the 1Dx update had but maybe it will come. But even the features included take away 2 huge selling points of the D800 over the 5D3
I keep my HDR settings as AEB in C3 with no issues. I just set my AEB for a 7 shot burst, p. 315, then saved that to C3. You can't save the IMHO worthless in-camera "HDR Mode" setting to the Custom Shooting Modes.