Got my 7D Mark II, coming from an original 7D.
Some initial annoyances/thoughts:
- When you switch it on, it is asking for the date/time. This is because the GPS is initially disabled. Once you turn on the GPS it should get the time.
- I can't get the GPS working..... I turn it on and in the GPS Information Display I only see the compass heading. On the LCD there's a flashing GPS symbol. Strangely, when I turn off the camera, the GPS symbol is still flashing on the LCD. If I turn on the GPS logger, then also LOG shows on my LCD when I turn the camera off.
- There's so many menu panels it's a bit hard to find your way around. The Info button usually describes the options in sufficient detail, however certain screens omit any details
- Playback zoom control is so frustrating, because you cannot use the thumb buttons (AE lock & AF Point Selection) like on the 7D. You have to zoom using the magnifying glass button and then use the Main dial.
- It is possible to configure the default magnification to actual pixels, and specifically centered on the focus point. Note that you can zoom in one click higher than 100% so your image looks unsharp - so that's going to be annoying.
Anyway, I'm about to start reading the PDF doco to find out what I missed.
Just use the touch screen for zooming. Oh wait. Never mind. (LOL!) Okay, I'm bad.