Gear Talk > Pricewatch Deals

Sigma 35 f/1.4 Available for Preorder

<< < (2/11) > >>

sjp010:

--- Quote from: Dylan777 on November 07, 2012, 11:05:17 AM ---I thought the reasons we buy prime lenses: sharp and bigger aperture(faster shutter speed)

"IS"....ummm I'm not sure.

--- End quote ---

I also buy them for small size.  If I had the option of an IS vs. a cheaper, otherwise identical non-IS lens, I'd go non-IS, but I don't see IS as a negative.

Etienne:

--- Quote from: sjp010 on November 07, 2012, 11:08:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dylan777 on November 07, 2012, 11:05:17 AM ---I thought the reasons we buy prime lenses: sharp and bigger aperture(faster shutter speed)

"IS"....ummm I'm not sure.

--- End quote ---

I also buy them for small size.  If I had the option of an IS vs. a cheaper, otherwise identical non-IS lens, I'd go non-IS, but I don't see IS as a negative.

--- End quote ---

Same here, IQ and small/light. I like both, but I'd probably bring the Canon 35 f/2 IS more often than a bigger bulkier, heavier 35 1.4.

Plus, pair it with the 85 1.8 and you have a very portable useful setup

Craig Richardson:
I bet the USB port was included to reduce the number of warranty service requests.  The Sigma 50mm 1.4 has some of the worst focus shift I have ever seen.

darrellrhodesmiller:
i've been wanting a 35 prime for a while. for me its going to come down to low light performance. i really want to like sigma lenses.. but i've rented the 30mm f1.4 3 times and havent been impressed at all. the lens just cannot focus in low light. if this one is better i'm all for it. i'm curious to see how the canon 35mm f2 performs too.

we'll see when the lenses really come out.

roguewave:

--- Quote from: Craig Richardson on November 07, 2012, 11:27:59 AM ---I bet the USB port was included to reduce the number of warranty service requests.  The Sigma 50mm 1.4 has some of the worst focus shift I have ever seen.

--- End quote ---

You're probably right about that. Although, technically, the USB dock is not included in the price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version