Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Stills

Will the release of the 6D affect the 5D MkIII's price?

<< < (2/4) > >>

robbymack:
If anything the 6d release will solidify the 5diii pricing above $3k (us) for a while. If you can afford it the 5diii is a remarkable camera, IMHO it's the best all around camera on the market.

Dylan777:
I have an idea - WAIT for another year or two. The prices on both cameras will drop. Post this topic again, you will get better advices from CR members.

If you need a FF NOW, pick one and buy one.

Zlatko:

--- Quote from: RustyTheGeek on November 15, 2012, 09:16:40 AM ---Now I've discovered (as have others) that the low light focusing has serious issues, esp if AF Assist is enabled with a flash.  It can take 3-5 seconds to lock focus in low light like wedding receptions, etc.

--- End quote ---
I've shot a bunch of wedding receptions with the 5D3 and AF assist enabled on the flash and have had no problem at all.  It is a wonderful camera for wedding receptions.  With or without flash, the low light autofocus is excellent.  If it took 3-5 seconds to lock focus, I would have gotten rid of this camera immediately.  I hope you get that problem resolved.

RustyTheGeek:

--- Quote from: Zlatko on November 15, 2012, 09:58:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: RustyTheGeek on November 15, 2012, 09:16:40 AM ---Now I've discovered (as have others) that the low light focusing has serious issues, esp if AF Assist is enabled with a flash.  It can take 3-5 seconds to lock focus in low light like wedding receptions, etc.

--- End quote ---
I've shot a bunch of wedding receptions with the 5D3 and AF assist enabled on the flash and have had no problem at all.  It is a wonderful camera for wedding receptions.  With or without flash, the low light autofocus is excellent.  If it took 3-5 seconds to lock focus, I would have gotten rid of this camera immediately.  I hope you get that problem resolved.

--- End quote ---

I hope I get it resolved too.  That's why I returned mine and I'm waiting for a second copy.  There is another thread on this that is fairly busy.  Others have had problems as well.  I'm glad yours has worked for you as it should.

FocalFury:

--- Quote from: Zlatko on November 15, 2012, 09:58:32 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Same here. Flawless AF performance in low-light so far with or without flash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version