Image & Video Galleries > Street & City

Pictures in DC

(1/3) > >>

nonac:
Leaving for Washington, DC for two weeks, never been there before Most of my photo opportunities will be at night. I'll be taking a 5d III, 24-105, 135, and a 70-200 2.8 II. Plus tripod, remote release, no flash. Any suggestions for good spots to shoot on the National Mall or any other areas?  Thanks

TotoEC:
Get onto the top steps of the Lincoln Memorial.  Setup your tripod and shot the Mall with the Monument as a backdrop.  Use you widest lens.  If you can, do the shoot in the evening or sunrise.  Then get to your hiking shoes and visit:  NASA museum, the Natural History Museum as well as the American History Museum.  Enjoy!

al2:
Depends on what you want shoot.  The Jefferson Memorial is good at night.  It can be amazing in the spring with cherry blossoms.  Most of the federal buildings are well illuminated and can be dramatic at night.  Georgetown and the Adams-Morgan area can provide a completely different feel. 

canon816:
Shoot the White House from Pennsylvania Ave at night.

CTJohn:

--- Quote from: TotoEC on November 22, 2012, 06:24:26 PM ---Get onto the top steps of the Lincoln Memorial.  Setup your tripod and shot the Mall with the Monument as a backdrop.  Use you widest lens.  If you can, do the shoot in the evening or sunrise.  Then get to your hiking shoes and visit:  NASA museum, the Natural History Museum as well as the American History Museum.  Enjoy!

--- End quote ---
  Agree, but make sure the reflecting pool is full.  I was there a couple months ago and they were doing repairs on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version