July 29, 2014, 03:21:28 AM

Author Topic: Canon 6D ISO tests by the-digital-picture.com  (Read 2142 times)

hemidesign

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile

canon rumors FORUM

Canon 6D ISO tests by the-digital-picture.com
« on: December 05, 2012, 12:10:28 PM »

RS2021

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 6D ISO tests by the-digital-picture.com
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »
Ok but all things considered, 6d is a slapdash quickie response from canon to nikon's latest lower cost FF entry.  At best, a staving move, not a full fledged defense on canon's part.

As more reviews come in, expect an equally mad dash race among retailers to 6D's final price resting point -I will spare repeating the number here :). In months, not a year.

At that price point it will be a good value and competent performer. But by no means is it a 5D3 competition.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:08:46 PM by Ray2021 »
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

ThuiQuaDayNe

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 01:22:38 PM »
From what I see in various comparisons so far, the 6D is definitely cleaner but it also loses details as ISO increases. 

Area256

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 01:55:44 PM »
Looks basically like what would be expected of a 20MP FF sensor with Canon's current tech.

The detail is slightly less than the 5D3, but that's expected since we have lost 2MP compared to the 5D3.  Likewise the noise is slightly less on the 6D, which again is to be expected given the larger pixels.

To be honest, I wouldn't chose one camera over the other based on this difference in noise performance or detail/sharpness - any real world differences will be small at best.

I'm getting the 6D soon, and really all I wanted was approximately 5D3 IQ, the loss of other usability features is to be expected given the price - but at least the IQ is on par.   And I am looking forward to that ~1.5 stop improvement over my 60D!
6D, 24-105mm f/4L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 50mm f/1.4, 40mm f/2.8, lots of strobist stuff.
Flickr  500px

thelebaron

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »
Ok but all things considered, 6d is a slapdash quickie response from canon to nikon's latest lower cost FF entry.  At best, a staving move, not a full fledged defense on canon's part.

As more reviews come in, expect an equally mad dash race among retailers to 6D's final price resting point -I will spare repeating the number here :). In months, not a year.

At that price point it will be a good value and competent performer. But by no means is it a 5D3 competition.

How do you get this at all? I dont think canon does anything slapdash, it took them a good while to release the eos m. The cameras are similar, its not like the 6d is falling apart due to being rushed out the factory(at least no bad reports just yet).  If you think its slap dash due to the DR, I think that nikon has just won this round fair and square. Or due to things like less af points, less mp, only 1 sd slot etc, Id say those are conscious decisions, not that they ran out of time designing it..

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »