November 24, 2014, 03:36:31 PM

Author Topic: Pro's who use 5D MkII  (Read 4900 times)

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
Re: Pro's who use 5D MkII
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »
Go check out Nevada Wier.

She recently upgraded to the 5DIII but has used the 5DII for several years.  The 5DII will now become a IR camera like her 5D did way back when she got the 5DII.  She has an detailed equipment list and a lot of info on her blog about shooting, etc.  Enjoy!

http://www.nevadawier.com/

Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 12:28:55 AM »

Stubi

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 12:54:52 AM »
Im already packing a 5DIII and 7D
Although the more mates packing compatible lenses the better right?  ;)

The psychologist in me says Stu wants his friend to get a mkii so he can get to play with it........... :)

StanFoxworthy

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 07:19:25 PM »
Stan she shoots products and landscapes.
I think its a middle of the range Olympus about 3yrs old. I know its 2 x crop and it does take a decent photo.

Hey Stu, I would think if she doesn't have a lot invested in UHG Olympus glass, it would be a pretty easy switch to at least the 5D MkII. Not to throw a monkey wrench in this, but there are some great deals on 1Ds MkIII's out there which gives her better weather sealing for being out in the wild, a slight increase in dynamic range, better focus and dual cards slots. If she's not so worried about the weather sealing than either of the last two iterations of the 5D. One thing that could also push her over the edge is the ability to use the Canon tilt-shift lenses for both product and landscapes. Hey, it's only money, right?  ;D

As far as Olympus stuff, just know that my wife still shoots with an old E-500 8mpx and the kit lens for our travels in Italy & France and the files print up beautifully as 30x40's. I'm even thinking of adding one of the OM-D EM-5's with a couple of lenses for travel.

Good luck!

R1-7D

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
It is funny to me that a camera chosen for the official presidential portrait is evaluated not even 4 years later for pro-worthiness.  :P

I agree, especially since the 5D2 and 5D3 deliver EXACTLY the same image quality in RAW. People go to great lengths to claim there's a difference, but I'm afraid there just isn't. Only Jpegs will look better thanks to the new processor and in-camera image processing, which is what most websites shoot in to promote the new tech.

The 5D2 is by no means the better camera between the 5D2 and 5D3 now, but its still as every bit as good as it was when it was released four years ago in terms of IQ.
Cameras: 1DX, Canon M. Lenses: Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II, Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II,  Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro, Canon EF 2X III, Tokina SD 16-28mm f/2.8 FX, Canon M 18-55mm IS, Canon M 22mm. Flashes MT-24 580EXII

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »