October 25, 2014, 04:53:56 AM

Author Topic: It's the 15th!  (Read 5429 times)

East Wind Photography

• 5D Mark III
  • EWP
    • View Profile
Re: It's the 15th!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 10:51:52 AM »
That's a decent choice I think at this time.  I've switched back and forth between 5D3 and 7D using 600mm and one would think the additional crop would be of benefit.  However I've found that's not the case.  The 22MP sensor and low noise on the 5D3 allows you to crop a bit deeper than you could on the 7D and get similar results.  The extra angle of view is also helpful with trying to acquire objects in motion such as birds in flight.

I've got a 1DX coming in on eval in a couple of weeks (Super Bowl bumped me into February  :-[ ) and I'm eager to compare shots between the 5D3 and the 1DX 18MP FF sensor.  My thinking is that the 1DX might be better due to the low noise despite the sensor only being 18MP.

Another chance passed by...
What is the next "lauching window" for an 7D successor?

I need an urgent replacement for the 7D, as I start travelling aroung the world in July....

So do a real upgrade and go FF. I don't know why anyone would travel the world with anything less than a full frame body.

Got tired of waiting and just put in an order for a 5D3...

J

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 10:51:52 AM »

tortilla

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
I understand that maybe optics is could not be significantly improved, however, it is a shame to produce APS-C sensors when all cameras can easily accomodate FF and even larger sensors!!!
It's rather a shame that you haven't yet noticed that many manufacturer already do sell cameras with FF sensors, Canon was the first of them to do so. Why bother about that cameras with smaller sensors are still being produced? They have their advantages (cost, weight etc.) - you don't need to buy them.

Canon EOS 7D is 4 year old model!!!!!
It's 3 years actually.

I really hope that times will come when FF sensor will be used even in entry level DSLRs and we will not see such criples as 6D, which has even worse AF than 4 year old 7D!!!!
Maybe you are too negative... you complain about the 7D because it's APS-C and about the 6D because it doesn't have the 7D's AF. I think what you really want is a 5D3.

xps

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 11:19:08 AM »
Well, I like to shoot birds (living & metallic), so the Crop factor helps a little bit.
On the 5D3 I tried my 100-400 with the 1.4x converter. The AF did not work.... So I just get 400mm with an working AF. The 1.6 factor sounds good.
My 300 2.8 suffers from some broken lenses. Costs to repair: >3500€. 
I have to calculate the price of the new body plus the costs of the 300L repair..... So the 5D3 (actually about 2800€/3730$ in Germany) is a bit to high.

So, I think - for me - the 7D2 will be the best option

Another chance passed by...
What is the next "lauching window" for an 7D successor?

I need an urgent replacement for the 7D, as I start travelling aroung the world in July....

So do a real upgrade and go FF. I don't know why anyone would travel the world with anything less than a full frame body.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:24:25 AM by xps »

gkaefer

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 11:22:41 AM »

wlanguru

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 11:23:27 AM »
With Imaging USA 2013 next week, maybe there will be an announcement then. Just a thought.

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 12:11:44 PM »
Just sayin'.  Awfully quiet in here...

I'm backing up for CR guy, I'm on the West coast of the USA and so posts will be later in the day, and fewer.  I also will not be posting a whole lot of rumors, since I do not receive CR guys e-mail.  He will screen his e-mail and let me know which to publish, or publish them remotely.

Remember, rumors are generally for discussion and for fun.  Taking them seriously will almost always leave you disappointed.

Exception:  CR3 rumors are 99% likely.

Have Fun, and don't take rumors too seriously.

DWM

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 12:33:13 PM »

Remember, rumors are generally for discussion and for fun.  Taking them seriously will almost always leave you disappointed.

Where is that like button when you need it?  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 12:33:13 PM »

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 01:06:09 PM »

Where is that like button when you need it?  ;D
Sometimes it is right next to the safety catch...

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 02:52:02 PM »
I understand that maybe optics is could not be significantly improved, however, it is a shame to produce APS-C sensors when all cameras can easily accomodate FF and even larger sensors!!!
It's rather a shame that you haven't yet noticed that many manufacturer already do sell cameras with FF sensors, Canon was the first of them to do so. Why bother about that cameras with smaller sensors are still being produced? They have their advantages (cost, weight etc.) - you don't need to buy them.

Canon EOS 7D is 4 year old model!!!!!
It's 3 years actually.

I really hope that times will come when FF sensor will be used even in entry level DSLRs and we will not see such criples as 6D, which has even worse AF than 4 year old 7D!!!!
Maybe you are too negative... you complain about the 7D because it's APS-C and about the 6D because it doesn't have the 7D's AF. I think what you really want is a 5D3.

Almost 3.5 years, to be precise!  :D And I am still waiting for the update...
What is truth?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 02:52:02 PM »