Gear Talk > Third Party Manufacturers

New 6D and M42 lenses capability.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Dim:
It's mo problem to use M42 lenses on 5D3 or 6D with AF-confirming. Trust me as I'm fan of Helios and Industar. ))

Artifex:
Anybody ever tried the Takumar or Super-Takumar 50 f/1.4 on the 6D? Does it have mirror issues? How good are those lens? Thanks!

TWI by Dustin Abbott:

--- Quote from: Artifex on April 11, 2013, 04:59:00 PM ---Anybody ever tried the Takumar or Super-Takumar 50 f/1.4 on the 6D? Does it have mirror issues? How good are those lens? Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I don't have the Super Tak/SMC Tak 50mm f/1.4 anymore because of their clearance issues on my 5DII.  I found the SMC 55 f/1.8 offered as good of image quality and had no mirror images.  I think the 6D has slightly (perhaps a mm) more clearance than the 5DII.  Whether that is enough, I don't know.

One other lens I can verify.  I have the newer Helios 44-4 (zenit) 58mm f/2, and unlike the older Helios 44-2, there are no mirror issues at all.  It works perfectly.  Here's a shot from the 6D/Helios 44-4 combo:

skinkfoot:
I have had no clearance problems with my smc takamar 55mm f2.0, or my super-takamar 50mm f1.4(the first version) on my 5d mkiii.  I love both these lenses.

Artifex:
Thanks a lot!  :D
I just ordered the 6D and can't wait to go back to full frame (I started with a Pentax K-1000 film body).
I will be able to see how it handle the SMC Pentax-M 28mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.7 and 50 f/4 Macro. Since I really love working on 50mm lens, I am a bit afraid that the 50mm f/1.7 have mirror issues, that's why I asked this question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version