September 01, 2014, 10:51:09 AM

Author Topic: New Canon EOS-1D X for $5907 via eBay  (Read 6352 times)

brett b

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: New Canon EOS-1D X for $5907 via eBay
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 02:40:06 AM »
I'd have much better gear if so.  ;)  Try looking them up on Canon's web site before you jump to conclusions...

Now that you've defended Big Value with bad information three times on this thread...so far...please tell why Big Value is not listed here:

http://www.usa.canon.com/app/pdf/dealer/CanonAuthorizedDealers.pdf

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 02:40:06 AM »

Studio1930

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Studio 1930
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 08:58:09 AM »
I'd have much better gear if so.  ;)  Try looking them up on Canon's web site before you jump to conclusions...

Now that you've defended Big Value with bad information three times on this thread...so far...please tell why Big Value is not listed here:

I agree.  I found B&H on that list but not BigValue. 

I once bought a canon A2E (eye controlled) camera from a questionable New York dealer many years ago and they ended up shipping me a questionable EOS 5 (European version).  Yep, gray market without a warranty.  They also threw in a few super cheap accessories not for free which I didn't order.  Oh, and they took an extra month to get it all to me.  I learned my lesson that day about questionable dealers.  Your mileage may vary.  Good luck if you use them.
-Darrin
Studio 1930
www.studio1930.com

brad-man

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 05:52:18 PM »

Since there is obviously no "Big Value" on Canon's list, and I cannot recall whether they had a different corporate name listed in the past, let's assume I was incorrect about Big Value being an authorized dealer. For that I will gladly feast upon a large plate of crow. My bad. That does not mean that they are a bad or unreliable seller as their feedback indicates. They are obviously a very high volume dealer and mistakes happen. The real issue is whether, given the chance, they will fix the problem. Since I have never bought from them, I can't answer that question. Their not being an authorized seller will not render the Canon (USA) warranty void as has been discussed in these forums extensively. If you receive a gray market item, the answer is not so clear. Anecdotal testimony indicates that Canon will honor such a warranty, but on such big ticket items, I would not want to put that to the test. So, if I bought a "USA Warranty" item from them and received a gray market item, I would contact them and hope that they would switch it with a US model. If they refused to make the matter right, then I would open a dispute with "ebay Buyer Protection." Between ebay and paypal, you are protected with a money back (including shipping) guarantee. If all this seems to be too much trouble for you, then by all means, buy from B&H, Adorama, Amazon or whoever. I buy my gear from the seller that has the best deal that I feel comfortable with, and I advise you to do the same...

Dylan777

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • http://dylannguyen.smugmug.com
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 11:27:39 AM »
I agree. I do not think CR should put promotions on the home page unless it is from an authorised dealer, and even then it should be checked it is genuine and not new age advertising.

BigValue is a Canon authorized seller. Any more questions?

HOW DO YOU CONFIRM THAT? An authorized dealer wouldn't sell brand new camera with missing accessories, not just one time, but mutli-times. Cameras were shipped from diff locations. Is that ring the bell PEOPLE? Is that considered as BRAND NEW?

Just like buying a 1D X from an alley for $5K
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 11:44:21 AM by Dylan777 »
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 400L f2.8 IS II

Aglet

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Re: New Canon EOS-1D X starting for $5499 via eBay
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 01:39:45 AM »
There's one finishing on eBay in just over 30 hours, no bids yet, open box new with warranty from authorized Canadian dealer.

www.ebay.ca/itm/CANON-EOS-1DX-18-1MP-DIGITAL-SLR-CAMERA-NEW-SHOPWORN-BOX-/290870540839

oddly worded description quote, but supposed to be a new body

Please note: *THIS IS NEW PRODUCT WITH A TORN BOX* WE ARE UNABLE TO ASCERTAIN THE SHUTTER COUNT.

lots of hits on the page but nobody has come up with a bid just yet.
I still don't want one of these.  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

Re: New Canon EOS-1D X starting for $5499 via eBay
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 01:39:45 AM »