October 21, 2014, 08:39:17 AM

Author Topic: D7000 replacement in April...  (Read 12681 times)

ishdakuteb

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
Re: D7000 replacement in April...
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 05:19:11 PM »
  .......if someone wants more DR, then go for HDR with CS6 since it is available 32 bits now...

32bit output files are available in CS5 too, but you need Lightroom 4 or ACR (Camera RAW 7) that ships with CS6 to manipulate them.

thanks for the tip... that means someone has to buy a light room 4 if he/she wants to stick with CS5.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2013, 05:19:11 PM »

well_dunno

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »

i do not follow you, was that a answer to me?

Nej da,  a very funny thread a year ago or so which I was referring to

well_dunno

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2013, 06:46:48 PM »
"In addition to the D7000 successor, which most likely will replace also the D300s, Nikon is rumored to announce a new D4x DSLR this year (the camera may have a different name, we will call it D4x until we get more info)."

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/02/04/more-nikon-d4x-rumors.aspx/#more-53312

D300s was the competitor of the 7D, wasn't it?

DanielW

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2013, 07:10:29 PM »
Even though it seems to me that this thread is leading nowhere anymore, it has become so much fun to watch!  ::)

jrista

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • EOL
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2013, 07:12:22 PM »
Some of you must start to understand exposure time, f-stop and picture  results.

according Jrista and others  we need to exposure Canon  more= longer   than Nikon D800, I will now  take a film example so  you all understand, you who have  used  film, I can use shutter speeds and aperture with Nikon as I have  a  400iso film  but with Canon I have to use a film more like 100iso  and expose the camera longer to get a better results in the shadows . I think it's time that  you to understand the relationship between exposure time, aperture, and selected  ISO, therefore I expose cameras exactly the same regarding time / f-stop when I compare 5dmk2 5dmk3 1DX with d800 at base iso, 100iso   and  then  I show the results in the shadows from the two cameras. Here the Canon shows banding , pattern noise due the read out from the sensor and to AD

You can feel free to make your case and argue your points all you want, but Mikael, DO NOT put words in my mouth, man. I never said anything of the sort, so stop procalaiming I have. The only thing I've actually said is that I believe your hiding the actual exposure settings used for both cameras in those little example comparisons you post all over the place. You are inferring something incorrect from my statements, then worse, proceeding to tell others that I've said something I most certainly did not. Sometimes LTRLI has the same issue, interprets (either intentionally or otherwise) what I say incorrectly, and assumes I've made some claim I have not. Please...stop, and stop telling the rest of the world I've said things I haven't.

I no longer wish to be party to the derailing of this thread, so I'm out. But seriously, stop misinterpreting my posts, and stop telling everyone else I've said things or claimed things I have not.

ishdakuteb

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »
Sorry guys, I have not been around for a couple of days so now I see the "D7000 replacement in April..." topic and open, read last two pages without seeing anything about the D7000 or its replacement. Going to read from the beginning to see how the topic developed...

Here's how:

Q: What was the weather like in Stockholm last week?

A: Sunny, and when I underexposed by 4 stops to capture the detail of the sun shining down on the Storkyrkan then pulled up the shadows by 4 stops to see the cobblestone detail of the Slottsbacken, the Canon 5DIII failed miserably with banding and noise, but fortunately I had my D800 with me - and look at this perfect shot!

;)

well with a sony sensor you can under expose so you cover high lights far above middle grey which are  usually 4 stops and both Storkyrkans golden highlights  are intact reproduced  in the sun  and open up in the shadows of the big church to se details= that the benfits  of  a large DR 14 stops and not 11 with banding and patter noise

sorry, a prof. photographers who under/over expose for more than 2 stops will not going to be earn my respect.  i do not allow myself to make big mistake in predict exposures; therefore, i have made a tool and developed my own way of seeing light.

under/over exposure over two stops? sorry to say that he/she is an un-prof. photographer.  are you one of them?  if someone wants more DR, then go for HDR with CS6 since it is available 32 bits now...

this shows that you no dot understand what I meant,and what a large DR means and exposure latitude. I have the  opportunities to under expose two steps or more and show highlight that is more than 4 steps above medium gray with out any banding and patern noise in the shadows with the Nikon and Sony sensor.

1. if the sky to bright, what do you need to show... there is nothing to show there according to what i know (i.e. sunny day at noon.  SOUND LIKE NEURO SAID IT RIGHT.  YOU WANT TO "CAPTURE THE DETAIL OF THE SUN SHINING DOWN...")
2. if sky is your subject, why do you care about other?
3. if you want to include everything in your photo?  hdr is your choice (well, sorry i have to say this.  only suck photographer wants to include everything in his/her image.  that is what we are calling snapshot.)
4. everything in this world has its own limitation, find a way to work around with it

note:  i am not sure if they are your picture that i have seen online, but if it is yours, they are just normal, nothing highlight nor telling a story...  next time, if you are going out to take photos again, suggest to take a look latest video from brian peterson posted on adorama (DO NOT INCLUDE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PHOTO)

psychologically, i do not think that you can re-learn this part since you already develop these shooting habit for number of years.

ishdakuteb

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 08:02:24 PM »
No that is not my test pictures , but you can se  similarity, any  problems with that?

you are on this forum for almost a year with those test images, not talking about other forums yet.  now you are saying that those are not yours.  however, re-create another example and send RAW files to us then we will talk more about it.

hate to say this out but if you want to challenge about exposures (one shot only, no taking a look at histogram and re-take.  yep that is the way that i am forcing myself while learning), i am ready whenever you have time to travel to LA or Arizona for photography events, especially in this coming MAY, THE BIG PHOTOSHOW.

note:  no challenge on strobist since i am just starting to learn...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:06:52 PM by ishdakuteb »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2013, 08:02:24 PM »

Cfunkexplosion

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2013, 08:07:40 PM »
Mikael,

In October, you posted:

"The old sensor tech in Canon is not up to date 2012 and in a comparison with Sony, not much to discuss."

And yet you have posted 44 pages criticizing Canon sensors, most often on dynamic range and read noise. 

Serious question:  why spend time on a Canon forum arguing the same limited point ad infinitum?
Canon 5D3  /  Canon 8-15L  /  Canon 35L  /  Canon 85L  /  Canon 100L  /  Canon 580EX II  / Canon MR 14-EX

ishdakuteb

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »
I heard you, and keep going and try miss credit me.
which one will you have d800 and 1dx? 5dmk2 and d800, 5dmk3, 5dmk2  and d800 a test noise  made by the _suede and me published at Dpreview.
sun set 5dmk2 d800. I have 100 of them , but I must find them
choose, in the mean time Im going to sleep the time is 0228

remember to find them upon waking up tomorrow and YES, WE ALL WANT RAW FILESSSSS...

Cfunkexplosion

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2013, 08:36:28 PM »
I think you mean "discredit."

I'm not really sure how much credibility you're really going to have when the vast majory of your posts are the same regurgitation of your dislike of Canon sensors.
Canon 5D3  /  Canon 8-15L  /  Canon 35L  /  Canon 85L  /  Canon 100L  /  Canon 580EX II  / Canon MR 14-EX

DanielW

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »
Maybe we all should go sleep and then start a new thread tomorrow. This one is better off left alone.
Good night everyone.

mbpics

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2013, 11:05:19 PM »
Why would anyone ever expose an outdoor scene so as to not clip the sun and then expect to recover the entire frame from a single shot? The only time I would ever expose that way is if I want to go for a specific look, like here:

http://500px.com/photo/22313897
http://500px.com/photo/24730871

If you'll notice, these were taken with a Nikon (!!!) D700 and are not b&w conversions; the sky conditions and exposure I chose yielded that look in camera.

I in fact deliberately chose the D700 over either the 800 or the then-rumored 600 because I had experience dealing with the Sony sensor in the D7000/5100 and find them very fussy to work with in post (pixels too small, too much NR required on a per-shot basis). I've taken many great shots at my 200 ISO base and have never found myself lacking in DR, even though my D700 has a sensor that's only slightly "better" than the 5DII according to DXO, and has the pixel count of a 5D!

Edit: I CAN POST MY RAWS IF THAT'S WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:18:00 PM by mbpics »

Aglet

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »
No that is not my test pictures , but you can se  similarity, any  problems with that?

Yes I have a huge problem with that. You are the one that held those two images up as an example, post the untouched RAW files with intact unedited EXIF or don't, your choice, if you don't then you are obviously not telling the truth.

PBD, your incessant yammering on this aspect only shows how narrow-minded you are being. Data is data.  Whether it's from Michael's cameras or Fred Mirandas or mine, the results are the same!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 12:10:48 AM »

Aglet

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 12:39:56 AM »
1. if the sky to bright, what do you need to show... there is nothing to show there according to what i know (i.e. sunny day at noon.  SOUND LIKE NEURO SAID IT RIGHT.  YOU WANT TO "CAPTURE THE DETAIL OF THE SUN SHINING DOWN...")
3. if you want to include everything in your photo?  hdr is your choice (well, sorry i have to say this.  only suck photographer wants to include everything in his/her image.  that is what we are calling snapshot.)
4. everything in this world has its own limitation, find a way to work around with it

note:  i am not sure if they are your picture that i have seen online, but if it is yours, they are just normal, nothing highlight nor telling a story...  next time, if you are going out to take photos again, suggest to take a look latest video from brian peterson posted on adorama (DO NOT INCLUDE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PHOTO)

psychologically, i do not think that you can re-learn this part since you already develop these shooting habit for number of years.

Seriously?!?  This is how you think?
Then I think you do not understand the whole concept of artistic intent - which is just fine since you are defending using tools that limit artistic expression.
Some of us prefer to work with hardware with less limitations to provide us with a greater latitude of creativity.
Ultimately, it seems to be this is what it comes down to; some of us want to manipulate our images and some of you are happy with them out of the camera.  Artists vs snapshot documentarians.

DING!
And there's the bell!

Another round begins with Fact moving to the middle of the ring while BS tries to circle around and gag Fact with the odor of BS.

Fact dodges, moves to get some fresh air but it's pointless, BS is EVERYwhere! Boy can BS ever move!

Fact relies on his standard trick, facts.  But no matter how many facts he throws, none of them land a solid hit on BS.  Even when Fact comes out with new facts, BS is still unfazed.  What a fighter!

Can BS defeat Fact!?  We've gone countless rounds and there's still no clear winner.  Every time Fact appears to win on a technical, BS rises to the challenge!  How long can this fight continue!?  Can Fact ever keep BS down!?  Will they declare it a draw!?  I don't think so!  Neither Fact nor BS will tolerate the other coming out on top.  This promises to be a lot longer fight people!

DING! DING!

And there's the bell again!  Fact and BS are off to their respective corners for a little rest and words with their coaches.  Another round will start in a few moments, folks.  Don't leave your seats!
This is a battle you don't want to miss!

And now a word from our sponsor...
Kodachrome!

weekendshooter

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 03:02:34 AM »

Seriously?!?  This is how you think?
Then I think you do not understand the whole concept of artistic intent - which is just fine since you are defending using tools that limit artistic expression.
Some of us prefer to work with hardware with less limitations to provide us with a greater latitude of creativity.
Ultimately, it seems to be this is what it comes down to; some of us want to manipulate our images and some of you are happy with them out of the camera.  Artists vs snapshot documentarians.

DING!
And there's the bell!

Another round begins with Fact moving to the middle of the ring while BS tries to circle around and gag Fact with the odor of BS.

Fact dodges, moves to get some fresh air but it's pointless, BS is EVERYwhere! Boy can BS ever move!

Fact relies on his standard trick, facts.  But no matter how many facts he throws, none of them land a solid hit on BS.  Even when Fact comes out with new facts, BS is still unfazed.  What a fighter!

Can BS defeat Fact!?  We've gone countless rounds and there's still no clear winner.  Every time Fact appears to win on a technical, BS rises to the challenge!  How long can this fight continue!?  Can Fact ever keep BS down!?  Will they declare it a draw!?  I don't think so!  Neither Fact nor BS will tolerate the other coming out on top.  This promises to be a lot longer fight people!

DING! DING!

And there's the bell again!  Fact and BS are off to their respective corners for a little rest and words with their coaches.  Another round will start in a few moments, folks.  Don't leave your seats!
This is a battle you don't want to miss!

And now a word from our sponsor...
Kodachrome!

What on earth are you getting on about...

If you think the definition of artistic expression is being able to meter to get the sun without clipping and lift the rest of the frame 5 stops to compensate then you and Mikael should do everyone else a favor and go stare at the sun for a nice long while the next time you're out shooting :)

Everyone in this thread has gone insane. If you think your choice of either Canon or Nikon (or Sony, or Fuji, or whoever else) is what's limiting your "artistic expression," no amount of reasoning will talk any sense into you. I've had a great time following these gearsturbation threads but it's all getting a little too absurd.

I feel like all of these threads are an elaborate inside joke to bait lurkers like me to sign up and give CR guy more pageviews, but I'm afraid that's giving you people too much credit.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 03:02:34 AM »