April 24, 2014, 01:59:27 PM

Author Topic: Connect DSLR to PC/Projector wireless  (Read 4767 times)

PeterJ

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: Connect DSLR to PC/Projector wireless
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 01:51:57 AM »
Someone asked me about this for at engagement party and I just said my gear was set to take high-quality RAW photos that weren't compatible with projectors ;). Reality is it would have just been a distraction for me and without vetting to some degree you're likely to put up a few OOF / wrongly exposed / timed images up on display. Don't know about you but I also normally fire off two or three shots to cover closed eyes and wierd expressions so I would have also been streaming a lot of virtually identical images.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 01:51:57 AM »

trygved

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
    • Youngblood Photography
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 02:43:11 AM »
If this is something you want to do once, I can't see it being worth the effort.  :P
Working within a niche, there is no cheap plug and play setup!
However, I love that you are looking to provide a unique service.
If you can find a way to really package this, I could see events hiring you to shoot live during a show!
The images could also be uploaded live to social media, so that people can see how amazing the event is, and then decide to attend, increasing the turnout of the event.
If the photos are good enough, it could be a huge asset to an event coordinator.
What you are looking to do could be a real service!

To answer your question, I can only speak of the equipment I know that could make this a reality.
Newer Macbook (post spring 2011, I would go for an Air for portability), airplay-ready streaming out to an Apple TV.
I would carry an Airport Express (or whatever alternative) incase the WIFI signal is weak where you are.
Use a 6D or an Eye-Fi to wirelessly transmit the images you take.
This would be a 2 person operation, where all you do is shoot, and all they do is manage the stream.
Hahaha, however, if you are only looking to do this for a birthday as a one-off, then yeah.  ;)

I love entrepreneurial efforts, so I may have gotten a little ahead of myself.
FUJI X100S

Botts

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 05:59:16 PM »
If you let us know if the projector has: VGA, HDMI, or DVI that would be great.

I'm assuming you have a recent Canon DSLR with Micro-HDMI

If it's got DVI, then you just need a cable like this:  http://www.amazon.com/Accell-J132B-002B-Type-D-Female-Adapter/dp/B005PHHO5M

If it's HDMI, you need: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10253&cs_id=1025301&p_id=7556&seq=1&format=2

If it's got VGA, you'd need something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0U008N4201 and a standard VGA cable.
6D, Sigma 35/1.4, 40STM, 50/1.4, 70-200/4 IS, 430ex II
T2i, 17-55/2.8 IS, 270ex

ulyrn

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 03:19:11 AM »
I use Ultra Wide Band wireless usb set adaptors, rigged complete with battery packs and usb connectors, the transmitter connects to the camera and the receiver connects to the PC and the photos are saved in a file to be monitored by another software for slide show, on my set up, i have 3 software running at the same time aside from the wirelss software. First, the software that collects/saves the photos, second the software that resizes and put a watermark on the photos, and the third is the software that does the slide show for the watermarked photos.

Rienzphotoz

• 1D X
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 03:32:40 AM »
Someone asked me about this for at engagement party and I just said my gear was set to take high-quality RAW photos that weren't compatible with projectors ;). Reality is it would have just been a distraction for me and without vetting to some degree you're likely to put up a few OOF / wrongly exposed / timed images up on display. Don't know about you but I also normally fire off two or three shots to cover closed eyes and wierd expressions so I would have also been streaming a lot of virtually identical images.
You can display only those pics that you want ... all the "OOF / wrongly exposed / timed images" don't have to be shown. This can be done with most android devices and a $8 software ... also there are a couple of devices that can help you do that (with your iPod, iPhone, iPad Mini & iPad) CamRanger & CamerMator, both of them cost less than $300
Canon 5DMK3 70D G1X | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 24-70OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | Metabones EF adapter | GoPro Black 3+ | DJI Quadcopter | Manfrotto+Gorilap

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 03:32:40 AM »