Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Stills

Is it okay to get 1Ds mark ii

<< < (2/5) > >>

al-toidz photography:
Is that why people that owns 1Ds mark ii doesn't use it that much anymore because of the battery? Any idea how much a battery a piece?

WillThompson:
I would not.

The 1Ds mark II is only 12 bit color and uses outdated batteries.

The 1D III is a good choice, it has 14 bit color, 10 fps, 3" LCD, and lithium batteries.

The importance of the 14 bit color is 2 more stops of useable DR and 1 stop if you have highlight recovery turned on!

I had the 1D mark II & 1Ds mark II and replaced it with a  1Ds mark III & 1D mark III.

I seldom use my 1D mark III since I got my 1DX.

Still my 1D III is a keeper.  It uses the same batteries as my X!

Will T.

brad goda:
what everyone is saying about 1DsII is true
Ive owned all 1Ds bodies and sitll have 1DsIII...
its still compatible switching batts with my 1Dx and IQ for well lit situations is great.
also not being too old YET... its still serviceable by canon.
please check with your neighborhood canon repair IF the 1DsII or the 1D body you are planning on buying used is still in their service line up... some models are being chucked out and you will have to find a special NON canon repair shop...
for this specific reason although finding killer deals on some big glass I will not buy... due to servicing... BUT if you do... for good measure take it in for preventive servicing and then use it till it dies...
good luck.

al-toidz photography:

--- Quote from: WillThompson on February 13, 2013, 01:20:03 AM ---I would not.

The 1Ds mark II is only 12 bit color and uses outdated batteries.

The 1D III is a good choice, it has 14 bit color, 10 fps, 3" LCD, and lithium batteries.

The importance of the 14 bit color is 2 more stops of useable DR and 1 stop if you have highlight recovery turned on!

I had the 1D mark II & 1Ds mark II and replaced it with a  1Ds mark III & 1D mark III.

I seldom use my 1D mark III since I got my 1DX.

Still my 1D III is a keeper.  It uses the same batteries as my X!

Will T.

--- End quote ---

How bad are lithium batteries that 1Ds mark II uses?

al-toidz photography:

--- Quote from: brad goda on February 13, 2013, 01:40:41 AM ---what everyone is saying about 1DsII is true
Ive owned all 1Ds bodies and sitll have 1DsIII...
its still compatible switching batts with my 1Dx and IQ for well lit situations is great.
also not being too old YET... its still serviceable by canon.
please check with your neighborhood canon repair IF the 1DsII or the 1D body you are planning on buying used is still in their service line up... some models are being chucked out and you will have to find a special NON canon repair shop...
for this specific reason although finding killer deals on some big glass I will not buy... due to servicing... BUT if you do... for good measure take it in for preventive servicing and then use it till it dies...
good luck.

--- End quote ---

I want to get the 1Ds mark III but my budget is very low. Below $1000 for any 1D or 1Ds bodies. I know im limiting myself too much in terms of buying camera body but im more of a lens guy over camera body. What didn't you like about the 1Ds mark II?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version