Rumors > Lenses

New 100-400 to Launch with EOS 7D Mark II [CR2]

(1/22) > >>

Canon Rumors:
Tweet Finally?
An update to the 100-400 has been rumored for years. It sort of reminds of the 24-70 replacement rumors. Apparently patent applications for optical formulas don’t guarantee a speedy release. You can see another patent here. A very solid source says as it stands, a new 100-400 will be announced alongside the EOS 7D Mark II in the late summer/early fall. Even if the availability of the 100-400 is not immediate, Canon feels the two products will fit extremely well together from a marketing standpoint. Just a hunch about pricing, it won’t be cheap. See Nikon’s new 80-400…… :) cr

lol:
I'm really interested to see what improvements they bring. Probably 90%+ of my all time Canon shots have been with the 100-400, and a lot of those were with a 7D.

Is this where we start the twist vs. push pull zoom arguments on the lens? Again.

Daniel Flather:
Will the rumored 7D come with a new kit lens?

Thyg0d:
Would appreciate if they could get it to stay @ f/4 all the way but from the looks of the patents
it looks like it's going to be another f/4-5.6..
From what I've heard the current 100-400 is kinda prone to suck up dust and moisture..
Gotta friend who has one though and he's very satisfied with it..

--- Quote from: Daniel Flather on March 27, 2013, 08:51:32 AM ---Will the rumored 7D come with a new kit lens?

--- End quote ---

Highly doubt it, it's way to expensive and heavy to become a kit lens

kennephoto:

--- Quote from: Daniel Flather on March 27, 2013, 08:51:32 AM ---Will the rumored 7D come with a new kit lens?

--- End quote ---

Highly doubt it, it's way to expensive and heavy to become a kit lens
[/quote]

Ha that was my thought, 100-400 kit lens. I want this to happen!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version