Image & Video Galleries > Landscape

My Personal Best Landscape Shots - Advice/Critizism accecpted

(1/2) > >>

Synomis192:
So for the Easter weekend. My parents and I decided to take a trip to Palm Springs. We rode this Sky Tram that took us to a place called Desert Trails (?) I was pretty sick so I wasn't completely in. I didn't look at my camera's screen after I took my shoots becuase I was out of it. So when I got home, I opened the photos in Lightroom and with a little color adjustment, turns out to be my personal favorite photos.

I don't know how to link Flickr photos to CR, so I'm just going to post a link to my Flickr account :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/synomis/sets/72157633145608770/

Please let me know what you guys think I should do. I left all the EXIF data so you guys can see how I was shooting.

I used lightroom to adjust contrast, colors, and noise.

Synomis192:
Also, I printed out of these photos on a 16x20 board from my work (Walgreens) and it looks way better than I expected. I forgot that DSLRs are meant for large printing. I think I shall cover my wall in 16x20s of my favorite pictures :D

jcns:
why f8? Could use f5.6
why ISO 200? using f5.6, you can use iso100
light is a bit on the harsh side, due to time of day and altitude (guessing).  Consider a circular polarizer or a variable nd filter or ideally own both.

Synomis192:

--- Quote from: jcns on April 01, 2013, 06:47:35 PM ---why f8? Could use f5.6
why ISO 200? using f5.6, you can use iso100
light is a bit on the harsh side, due to time of day and altitude (guessing).  Consider a circular polarizer or a variable nd filter or ideally own both.

--- End quote ---

I wasn't using my Canon 17-40mm because my friends were filming with it. My Tamron 17-35mm is sharp @ f/8.0
I didn't realize that I was shooting ISO 200 until I got home. I don't use auto ISO and that could have been my downfall.
Yeah, It was about 5:00pm and the sun was beating down really heavily. That's one thing I did forget to bring, my circular polorizer. I don't have a VND filter. Got any suggestions?

LOALTD:
I agree about the harsh lighting.  I really think one of the keys to good landscape photography is good light (yeah I know, this applies to *all* photography), wait till the “golden hours” and hike(ride?) out in the dark ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version