December 17, 2014, 03:15:42 PM

Author Topic: Minimum CR Forum IQ?  (Read 11315 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Re: Minimum CR Forum IQ?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 12:48:22 PM »
It can't be too high, this thread is still here :)

Now that's offencive, Sir.

For what it's worth, I can comprehend the Queen's English perfectly.  It's the local patois that I have trouble with...fortunately, I found help.

Just humor, but I apologize for any implications that it applied personally to you or any other poster.  If it did, I'd be implicating myself. (not a unreasonable thought  ;) )

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 12:48:22 PM »

Canon-F1

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 12:49:46 PM »
Just curious -- what is the minimum IQ requirement for posting in the forum here? And by "IQ" I mean the old school variety -- Intelligence Quotient.

We just had a thread shut down for being "beyond stupid." That would suggest that posts must meet a certain intellectual level before proceeding to full forum discussion. What's the standard? Surely we would not be capricious about such a thing.

Or, is it possible people may be stressed over an upcoming taxes due date in the U.S? That may explain some reduced tolerance for our mentally challenged members.

Since I'm not the brightest lens in the mix here, I'd like some guidance on this matter so pressing to me.

Thanks.

two points below your IQ is the limit...  :)

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 12:55:39 PM »
Just curious -- what is the minimum IQ requirement for posting in the forum here? And by "IQ" I mean the old school variety -- Intelligence Quotient.

We just had a thread shut down for being "beyond stupid." That would suggest that posts must meet a certain intellectual level before proceeding to full forum discussion. What's the standard? Surely we would not be capricious about such a thing.

Or, is it possible people may be stressed over an upcoming taxes due date in the U.S? That may explain some reduced tolerance for our mentally challenged members.

Since I'm not the brightest lens in the mix here, I'd like some guidance on this matter so pressing to me.

Thanks.

high enough to write the post but not so high as to make it well thought out.

Then again, all you need is a billion monkeys typing on keyboards and some way to pick the ones to post  8)

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »

Thanks.

That thread almost immediately degenerated into insults, which I'm sure was the intention of the OP.  They can troll somewhere else.

RGF

• 1D X
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 01:29:20 PM »

Thanks.

That thread almost immediately degenerated into insults, which I'm sure was the intention of the OP.  They can troll somewhere else.

insults or sophomoric humor?

Crapking

• Canon 6D
  • "Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
    • View Profile
    • Crapking Photos
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 01:38:31 PM »
At the risk of having this thread suffer the same fate,  I suggest 2.8 is the number you seek.

Why 'stop' @2.8.   That's not fair '2' those more 'open-minded' or those who have had 1.2 many cocktails.  ;)
1Dx, 1DIV, 5D3, 7DII, (Sigma 15 FE)
16-35/2.8; 24-70/2.8 II; 70-200/2.8 II, 100-400L
35/1.4, 40/2.8; 50/1.2, 85/1.2, 135/2; 200/2

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 02:42:54 PM »

Thanks.

insults or sophomoric humor?

The insults were deleted, the sophomoric humor was left alone.

Humor is fine, but when it degenerates into mean spirited attacks and name calling, either mods have to babysit the thread, or we have to shut it down completely.  There have been too may threads that have gone the wrong way lately, and this one had no redeeming value.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 02:42:54 PM »

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
2.8 is OK I guess provided a red L follows  ;D

2.8 is OK, or 4 with IS  ;D

IS= Intelligence Stabilizer  ;D

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
At the risk of having this thread suffer the same fate,  I suggest 2.8 is the number you seek.

Why 'stop' @2.8.   That's not fair '2' those more 'open-minded' or those who have had 1.2 many cocktails.  ;)

Certainly your DOF gets narrow as you approach 1 . . . then everything goes fuzzy as you're finally able to take it all in, and then darkness as the shutter comes down.

Oh I do like this metaphor. Better than the chicken even, though that did result in me giggling audibly in the office.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

Harry Muff

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr:
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 04:08:53 PM »
Ok, now I'm interested… Which thread?

And as to the question about I.Q. requirement... Please keep it low, I like it here…  ::)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 04:26:44 PM by Harry Muff »
Some cameras… With Canon written on them. Oh, and some lenses… Also with Canon written on them. Oh, and a shiny camera with Fuji written on it too...

Feel free to have a wander round my flickr

crasher8

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 04:23:32 PM »
Methinks the IQ test should include the following:

Q. Does the 1DX have a green box?

Q. Maximum number of days until Canon might release the 5D3 firmware?

Q. How many Canon's have had the same 18MP sensor?

Q. Why isn't there a left handed DSLR?

Jackson_Bill

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 04:24:33 PM »
No offense offence intended.  It appears my attempt at humour may have fallen apartment flat.

Now THAT's funny!

Sporgon

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013, 04:26:18 PM »
Yikes ! Even the mods can't spell humour humor correctly  >:(

It's worth pointing out that the spelling of English words has a heritage running back about 2000 years as it is strongly influenced by the latin ( Romans )  and as that developed over the millennia into other ( but not all ) European languages. This is why humour is spelt with a 'our' instead of how it sounds: 'or'

It was your erstwhile Noah Webster who, after the American War of Independence, when you guys decided you didn't want to be ruled by us Brits anymore ( can't think why  ::)   ) published his 'American Dictionary of the English Language' around 1820, and altered many words to be spelt as they sounded, specifically to make 'American English' different. However many of his radical changes to spelling were never accepted, such as spelling women 'wimmen'  ;D

To quote Bernard Shaw : 'England and America are two countries separated by a common language'  ;D

Anyway I'll keep it  :-X now, that's probably made everyone wish the original thread was back  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013, 04:26:18 PM »

ahab1372

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 04:49:20 PM »
Careful with those, corner sharpness will deteriorate, and you can expect increased vignetting

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »
Rather than a straightforward minimum IQ score, I propose the following criterion for forum participation:

(IQ score / your camera's DR score) > 9

The smaller denominator gives more of a chance for us dumb Canon shooters to participate in this forum.   ::)
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »