April 18, 2014, 09:09:11 PM

Author Topic: The best camera is the one....  (Read 7733 times)

ksagomonyants

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: The best camera is the one....
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 09:40:12 AM »
...which gives you satisfaction with the results you get and allows you to further master your skills

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 09:40:12 AM »

Don Haines

• 1D X
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2013, 09:57:03 AM »
I stand by my signature line....
I was thinking of you and your signature line just two hours ago. Here in Phnom Penh the rainy season is just starting, we just had a huge thunderstorm passing by the city a few hours ago. In the aftermath I went to pick up pizzas around 6 PM our time and the light was just fantastic. I saw two fantastic images, I had nothing to capture them with, one towards the setting sun over a couple of taller buildings and one to the east, with the sun behind me lighting up an old Soviet apartment building that is falling apart. I often bring my S100 in the car but just forgot this time and I missed it. I'll bring it tomorrow though.

Have a great weekend!

J

....is the one in my hand when I need it :)
Two weeks ago, after a winter of shooting a great grey owl at considerable distance, on the only day I didn't have any camera with me, there he is, perched on a limb 2 meters away.... I watched him for thirty minutes thinking that you could have gotten great shots with even an iPhone...... A camera sitting at home is useless!
The best camera is the one in your hands

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »
I was thinking of you and your signature line just two hours ago. Here in Phnom Penh the rainy season is just starting, we just had a huge thunderstorm passing by the city a few hours ago. In the aftermath I went to pick up pizzas around 6 PM our time and the light was just fantastic. I saw two fantastic images, I had nothing to capture them with, one towards the setting sun over a couple of taller buildings and one to the east, with the sun behind me lighting up an old Soviet apartment building that is falling apart. I often bring my S100 in the car but just forgot this time and I missed it. I'll bring it tomorrow though.

Have a great weekend!

J

Two weeks ago, after a winter of shooting a great grey owl at considerable distance, on the only day I didn't have any camera with me, there he is, perched on a limb 2 meters away.... I watched him for thirty minutes thinking that you could have gotten great shots with even an iPhone...... A camera sitting at home is useless!
We live and learn. There'll be more raim the coming week. I will go and get that shot with the setting sun on that building and post it here. Framing will be difficult, but if I can get near what I saw today I will be happy.

Dylan777

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dylanphotography.phanfare.com/
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 10:10:40 AM »
"travel friendly without giving up the IQ"

Ooo--Ooo, that would my RX1 ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:13:55 AM by Dylan777 »
Body: 5D III(x2) -- A7r
Zoom: 16-35L II -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 50L -- 85L II -- 135L -- 400L f2.8 IS II -- Zeiss FE 55mm f1.8

J.R.

• 1D X
  • A Speedlight Junkie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 10:26:28 AM »
The best camera is the one you understand and can shoot images with.
Light is language!

sanj

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 10:34:36 AM »
...that gets the girls attention...

This reminded me of my survey, 9/10 girls liked my x100s over my 7d

:) I used to have x100 and would get attention everywhere! Waiting for the black version of x100s to come then I will buy.

Nick Gombinsky

• Rebel SL1
  • Workaholic and alcoholic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »
...that you don't feel like you're setting up when taking a picture.
Canon 7D + grip, Canon 7N + grip
Samyang 16mm f2, 24mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4 and 85mm f1.4, Pentax Takumar SMC M42 50mm f1.4 and 135mm f2.5
Blackmagic 4K and lots of goodies

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »

yogi

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2013, 01:59:41 PM »
...that someone else has or i cant afford to buy :'(

Quasimodo

• 1D Mark IV
  • Easily intrigued :)
    • View Profile
    • 500px.com
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2013, 02:19:48 PM »

Have a great weekend!

J

We live and learn. There'll be more raim the coming week. I will go and get that shot with the setting sun on that building and post it here. Framing will be difficult, but if I can get near what I saw today I will be happy.

:)

A experience we all share
5DII w/grip, (1Ds III), 3x600 EX RT, ST-E3
Canon: 8-15L, 16-35L II,  24-105L , 70-200L IS II, (200/2L) 17L TS, 135L, 100L, 2x III TC, 40 F2.8 STM, 50 F1.4. Sigma 35 F1.4 Art, Sigma 85 F1.4, Sigma 150-500.
www.500px.com/gerhard1972

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2013, 07:36:26 PM »

Have a great weekend!

J

:)

A experience we all share
:D

LewisShermer

• Rebel T5i
  • point shoot hope
    • View Profile
    • Business!
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2013, 07:26:20 PM »
...that you see in the exif data when looking at someone else's photo  thinking "how the heck did they get that amazing shot?".
5Diii, 60D, 500D, EX580, loads of crappy flash guns... 28mm 1.8, Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art, 50mm 1.4, 100mm macro 2.8, 24-105mm 4L, 70-200mm 2.8L, lensbaby composer...

www.lewismaxwell.co.uk

btnphotography

• PowerShot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 05:31:28 PM »
...in your hands. ;)
BODIES: Canon EOS 5D Mark III | Canon EOS T2i/550D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Nikon Ftn | LENSES: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L | Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 | Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L | FLASH: Canon 580EXII | Pixel King TTL Triggers

Sporgon

• 1D X
  • 5% of gear used 95% of the time
    • View Profile
    • www.buildingpanoramics.com
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
I didn't have to pay for myself

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »

dgatwood

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 03:16:03 PM »
...that still powers up.

rpt

• 1D X
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »
Absolutely!

Well, sometimes it is hanging from your shoulder. Or from your neck (depending on the type of strap).
Or you left it in the car.
Or at home (and somebody mentioned those so please note I am not taking credit for them...)

However, the bestest camera ever - from my experience - your eyes. 3D video and stills. All in one package. And no need to download via USB cable :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 03:29:33 PM »