November 01, 2014, 02:04:32 AM

Author Topic: List of rumored lenses  (Read 183966 times)

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: List of rumored lenses
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2012, 06:55:50 AM »
I would rather have a 10-600 f/2 perfectly alligned for an APS-C, weighing not more than 500 gram, which has perfect image quality, no vingetting or CA at all, fully sharp wide open, and is delivered as a kit lens.

Sold seperately for under $1000.

Likelyness it is going to happen? About the same as other suggestions made here  :D

You forgot it also needs to be a pancake :-)
You also forgot that it has to have IS, tilt, shift and macro capabilities too  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2012, 06:55:50 AM »

caruser

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2012, 08:44:45 AM »
I would rather have a 10-600 f/2 perfectly alligned for an APS-C, weighing not more than 500 gram, which has perfect image quality, no vingetting or CA at all, fully sharp wide open, and is delivered as a kit lens.

Sold seperately for under $1000.

Likelyness it is going to happen? About the same as other suggestions made here  :D
You forgot it also needs to be a pancake :-)
You also forgot that it has to have IS, tilt, shift and macro capabilities too  ;D
Wouldn't buy, no soft focus!

Nishi Drew

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2012, 09:06:11 AM »
Not a word anymore about the 35 L II?

I think Sigma has that covered  ;)

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »

Hey! It is a Canon site  :)

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 21, 2012, 02:14:36 PM »

Yeah, I actually thought the new Siggy looked cool, they've taken a big step, by the looks of it at least. I couldn't really locate if it was weathersealed or not.

What you guys think, does it top the current 35 L? Af and wideopen performance are my biggest points.
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »

Yeah, I actually thought the new Siggy looked cool, they've taken a big step, by the looks of it at least. I couldn't really locate if it was weathersealed or not.

What you guys think, does it top the current 35 L? Af and wideopen performance are my biggest points.
The point for me is not whether it is a little better or worse than its Canon equivalent. It is a matter of future compatibility. I have a Tokina ATX28-70 f/2.8 and a Sigma 14mm that are nice paper weights.
They cannot be upgraded for the digital Canons. The Sigma works only fully open which is next to useless and the Tokina had ceased working since the advent of Canon 50E  !!! (It works though with my EOS1n camera!).
Both companies responded that they cannot upgrade their lenses. Now, my version 1 Canon EF50mm 1.8 still works!
There is a single exception to

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2012, 04:55:43 AM »

The point for me is not whether it is a little better or worse than its Canon equivalent. It is a matter of future compatibility. I have a Tokina ATX28-70 f/2.8 and a Sigma 14mm that are nice paper weights.
They cannot be upgraded for the digital Canons. The Sigma works only fully open which is next to useless and the Tokina had ceased working since the advent of Canon 50E  !!! (It works though with my EOS1n camera!).
Both companies responded that they cannot upgrade their lenses. Now, my version 1 Canon EF50mm 1.8 still works!
There is a single exception to

I thought that was the idea with new firmware docking... but I can't say it is a compatibility problem that 30 year old lenses from thirdparty doesn't work with digital. It's not that long ago Canon's own flashes bought can't be used with digital.
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2012, 04:55:43 AM »

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2012, 07:55:17 AM »

But I made an exception after all! I bought a Zeiss 21mm 2.8. But that's it!

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2012, 07:56:56 AM »

I thought that was the idea with new firmware docking... but I can't say it is a compatibility problem that 30 year old lenses from thirdparty doesn't work with digital. It's not that long ago Canon's own flashes bought can't be used with digital.
Tokina was not 30 years old. I bought it in 1993 and it was useless in 1996 with my 50E!

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »

I thought that was the idea with new firmware docking... but I can't say it is a compatibility problem that 30 year old lenses from third party doesn't work with digital. It's not that long ago Canon's own flashes bought can't be used with digital.
Tokina was not 30 years old. I bought it in 1993 and it was useless in 1996 with my 50E!
Old Canon flashes do not work but all old Canon lenses do work! 35mm L by the way is a very old lens which works OK! Ofcourse someone is free to take chances especially when the price is much better!

anden

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »
These:

EF-S 15mm f/1.8 IS USM
EF-S 30mm f/1.8 IS USM
EF-S 40-150 f/2.8 IS USM

Patrick

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Patrick's Fotos
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »

Now, my version 1 Canon EF50mm 1.8 still works!
[/quote]
Finally someone else who still has a 50 f1.8 mk1!  I originally bought mine when the EOS 1 was launched back in 1989 (?)  :o

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »
Finally someone else who still has a 50 f1.8 mk1!  I originally bought mine when the EOS 1 was launched back in 1989 (?)  :o
Don't you long for the days when the lenses were so much cheaper? I had gotten the EF28mm f/2.8 for around 100$ new. Now they had to do something to get money even from these lenses. They put IS on 24 and 28 and raised the price insanely as if they aren't just 2.8 lenses...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2012, 09:38:33 PM »

Patrick

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Patrick's Fotos
« Reply #148 on: October 08, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »
Don't you long for the days when the lenses were so much cheaper? ...

I certainly do!

Greatland

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »
I would be a happy camper if they could just start delivering the new 600 that has been out for awhile....I have had mine on order for awhile now and not really able to get much information on why they are taking so long to get them in circulation.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2012, 09:13:21 PM »