September 21, 2014, 10:18:25 AM

Author Topic: Deal: EOS 5D Mark III & EOS 6D Bundles from B&H Photo  (Read 17768 times)

bjc201

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
Re: Deal: EOS 5D Mark III & EOS 6D Bundles from B&H Photo
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »
Can you trust digitalmonster.com?  Anyone have experience with them?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2013, 11:12:16 PM »
Noticed price @ digital monster for "Canon EOS 6D 20 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Body Only" - $1,288.00

No physical address listed on their website, just a contact web form and a toll free number.  Domain name holder hidden behind a proxy. Their Verisign certificate is for "Digital Monster Incorporated" and a little digging turned up this:

About DIGITAL MONSTER, INC

DIGITAL MONSTER, INC is a company categorized under Real Estate.

Address
364 SEASIDE AVE APT 812 New York, New York, United States, 96815

Ummmm...yeah...that seems legit.

Seems like a good deal

P.T. Barnum would have liked you...   ;)
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

CarlTN

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »
See if this sounds right...

I was told by an upper level salesguy about a year ago...that these bait and switch internet companies who change their names, and who attempt to upsell you when you try to place an order (which is always over the phone)...are usually located somewhere in the Bronx.  He said these people are of a certain religion...the same religion that requires B&H and Adorama to close even their internet orders at certain times, and on certain dates...and for certain weeks in October and April.  It's just that the above two trusted names...are the only ones who are allowed to be totally legitimate...while the others depend on the shady side of deal making to attempt to make money.  So at least according to that guy I spoke with, there could very possibly be some collusion going on between them all.

It sounds at least somewhat plausible to me.  It's a shame that all the largest camera retailers have to be located in or around New York, or New Jersey...in my opinion.  But I guess there are good and bad business people everywhere.  It just seems to me, that cameras from Asia would have less distance to travel if they just got imported into CA...of course that state has even more problems.

jcollett

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2013, 11:49:24 AM »
For anyone who is complaining about mailing in a rebate, please understand there are two major reasons they are done.

1) Can show a lower sale price but still get some to pay the higher price by some not sending in the rebate or others not doing them correctly.

2) By forcing the purchaser to cut off the UPC code for the rebate, the purchaser can no longer return the item to the original store, leading to a reduction in returns to store.  This somewhat prevents people from buying an item to use for an event, then return for full price.

We as purchasers can complain about this all we want but as long as these incentives hold true, then the temptation to use them by sellers will remain.

Rienzphotoz

• Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2013, 02:47:30 PM »
Noticed price @ digital monster for "Canon EOS 6D 20 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera - Body Only" - $1,288.00
Yeah right ::)
Canon 5DMK3 70D | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 a6000 | RX100M3 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 10-18/4 OSS 16-50 | 24-70/4OSS | 55/1.8 | 55-210 OSS | 70-200/4 OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | GoPro Black 3+ & DJI Phantom

Chewngum

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • F1.6 is the best.
    • View Profile
    • Peter Kingsley Photography
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2013, 10:20:23 AM »
Deal like this make me sad and make Canon Australia look like an absolute joke.

Sounds like you missed Canon Australia's 20% off sale back in May:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2107228

Sounds like you still got ripped off. I bought my 5d3 with 8k on the shutter for $2000. 20% off should not be required to make buying from Australia not look like a dumb decision.
Cameras: 5d2, 5d3
Lenses: 17-40L 24-105L 50L 100L s35A s85 70-200L IS II + lots of flashes. About 100 previous bodies/lenses

SenorClean

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »
Even with the 20% off (code still works by the way) - the prices are rarely competative even with local retail, let alone direct Hong Kong imports.

Rebates work nicely for me tax-wise - I can deduct the full (pre-rebate) amount ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »

tmensonides

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2013, 01:40:04 PM »
FYI if anyone is still tracking this.  I e-mailed B&H last week about the fine print questions and received the following response and subsequently ordered:

Hello Terry, my name is Kirk R:

Thank you for contacting the E-Mail Sales Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Canon has informed us that any kit purchased from B&H would be eligible for the rebate. The items would be listed separately on the invoice. Since the other rebate has already expired, it would have any effect on the current offer.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Kirk R
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
E-Mail Sales Department
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

aguilarg93

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »
I think the 6d bundle at 1999 after rebate is no longer available. I was looking forward to buying the bundle at 1999 after rebate. but its now 2200 after rebate.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/994116-REG/canon__eos_6d_ef_24_105_pro_100_paper_.html

bjc201

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2013, 08:22:11 PM »
I think the 6d bundle at 1999 after rebate is no longer available. I was looking forward to buying the bundle at 1999 after rebate. but its now 2200 after rebate.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/994116-REG/canon__eos_6d_ef_24_105_pro_100_paper_.html

Yeah, I was about to pull the trigger as well, but it looks like the price got bumped up.  They said the offer ends Sept 30th so I thought I had more time.  I don't know why they did that. 

justsomedude

• 7D
  • Canon 5D3 and 6D
    • View Profile
    • AK Photo - Denver Photographer
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2013, 07:20:36 PM »
Just got my $400 rebate card back from Canon, and I have to say that is the fastest rebate turnaround time EVER!  I ordered the 6D package from BandH on July 9, mailed the rebate forms on July 16, and just got the $400 prepaid Visa card in the mail today (August 5).  That's under three weeks total!

And with the rebate in hand, the printer and 24-105 lens already sold, that puts my total out-of-pocket on the 6D body at $1,093.  Wootsy!

8)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »

It's a shame that all the largest camera retailers have to be located in or around New York, or New Jersey...in my opinion.
They are not all in NYC, it just seems that way :)

onecall.com is in Spokane, Washington, far from New York, Norman Camera is in Michigan, and there are lots of Samy's Camera stores in CA, not to mention Two good stores in Seattle (Glazers and Kenmore Camera), Pictureline in Salt Lake City, and a lot more honest online stores out there.  I've done business over the years with many of them
True, B&H / Adorama are the biggest, but there are lots of stores that do very well by their customers.  I purchase from a tiny hole in the wall store manned by pros in Couer d Alene, ID called Camera Corral, they are happy to ship my cameras and lenses to me 50 miles away.

CarlTN

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 02:54:30 AM »

It's a shame that all the largest camera retailers have to be located in or around New York, or New Jersey...in my opinion.
They are not all in NYC, it just seems that way :)

onecall.com is in Spokane, Washington, far from New York, Norman Camera is in Michigan, and there are lots of Samy's Camera stores in CA, not to mention Two good stores in Seattle (Glazers and Kenmore Camera), Pictureline in Salt Lake City, and a lot more honest online stores out there.  I've done business over the years with many of them
True, B&H / Adorama are the biggest, but there are lots of stores that do very well by their customers.  I purchase from a tiny hole in the wall store manned by pros in Couer d Alene, ID called Camera Corral, they are happy to ship my cameras and lenses to me 50 miles away.

I've bought electronics from OneCall before, as well as Buydig, TigerDirect, plenty of others...even Crutchfield...which is relatively close to me...at least compared to the others.

It's nice that you support a smaller camera shop, and are happy to pay the price premium.  If I was wealthy I would be very generous as well, and would travel the world at my leisure, taking photographs.  To some of us a few hundred dollars isn't chump change...I wish it weren't so, but it is.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 02:54:30 AM »