September 17, 2014, 03:53:04 PM

Author Topic: Canon "Pro" Announcements on September 22, 2011  (Read 40888 times)

docsmith

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Canon \
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2011, 03:40:34 PM »
get ready to be slaughtered tomorrow fool.
That sounds like a Mr. T quote.... ;)

MR T shoots Canon...take that Nikon!!!!  Those are the fools I really pity......... (not really)   :P

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2011, 03:40:34 PM »

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2011, 04:01:37 PM »
get ready to be slaughtered tomorrow fool.
That sounds like a Mr. T quote.... ;)

MR T shoots Canon...take that Nikon!!!!  Those are the fools I really pity......... (not really)   :P
:)

keithfullermusic

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • k2focus.com
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2011, 04:40:54 PM »
just noticed that jessops a big uk retailer has dropped the price of the canon 5d mk2 significantly to £1549.95 today ahead of canons announcement.This retailer get all the canon gear 1st so I'm guessing they have many contacts at canon and know something i predict a 5d mk 3 tomorrow remember my post and congratulate me then lol :D

I just realized that that equals almost $2,500 US.  Thats just the regular price dude.  Actually, thats higher than the regular price.
5Diii - 50D - 100mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.4, 20mm f/2.8, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, 430 EX II, YN560
---
Pics - http://k2focus.com | Tunes - http://keithfullermusic.com | For Fun - http://thewalkingdeadrumors.com

Dr.Jones

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
    • Victor Jones Photography
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2011, 04:52:47 PM »
just noticed that jessops a big uk retailer has dropped the price of the canon 5d mk2 significantly to £1549.95 today ahead of canons announcement.This retailer get all the canon gear 1st so I'm guessing they have many contacts at canon and know something i predict a 5d mk 3 tomorrow remember my post and congratulate me then lol :D

I just realized that that equals almost $2,500 US.  Thats just the regular price dude.  Actually, thats higher than the regular price.

You cant compare UK and US prices like that. Dont forget about Taxes and stuff. We have to pay more over here...
Canon EOS 5D Mark III + Canon EOS 5D Mark II + Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT *2 + ST-E3 + Canon EF 17-40 f/4L + Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM + Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM + Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 USM II + Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM II

surfing_geek

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2011, 05:57:44 PM »
Hopefully, it will be something cool that we all care about (5DmkIII).

I certainly don't care about the 5DIII...

People that want the 7DII, what is wrong with you? The 7D is nearly new still and has tons of great feature that no other Canon camera has... What is wrong with it?

People that want a 5DIII, ok... This one needs an update I grant you that. Still, let's not forget the 1DsIII is more than 4 years old...

Tomorrow, if anything is announced it should be a 1DsIV or something like it. Maybe a 5DIII along with it. The 7DII is nowhere near...

so the 1DsIII is almost 4 years old.  The 5DII is almost 3 years old.  The 7D is almost 2 years old. 

given that the higher up (more professional) a line is, the longer between replacements, it's not entirely unfeasable that these *could* all be replaced very close to each other.  canon may feel that they have some catching up to do post-tsunami and this round of replacements could be a fairly exceptional time.

that said, i've still got a horrible feeling that canon are going to introduce a mirrorless too, leaving all the SLR crowd rather disappointed!

Kernuak

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »
The "normal" price in the UK was £1699, but was reduced to £1599 last month by many suppliers. Some of it could also be due to currency fluctuations. Also, I wouldn't expect Jessops to get any new cameras before many other UK suppliers, especially those such as Calumet. Europe also tends to get supplies slightly later if anything, if only by a few days.
Canon 5D MkIII, 7D, 300mm L IS f/2.8 and a few other L's

Shnookums

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2011, 06:10:19 PM »
i've still got a horrible feeling that canon are going to introduce a mirrorless too, leaving all the SLR crowd rather disappointed!

I'm not so sure... I dont think Canon has a mirrorless camera ready. I think there is a good chance there will be nothing announced tomorrow but if there is it should be a DSLR. Which one? I have no clue... Could even be a Rebel...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2011, 06:10:19 PM »

surfing_geek

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2011, 06:45:30 PM »
I'm not so sure... I dont think Canon has a mirrorless camera ready. I think there is a good chance there will be nothing announced tomorrow but if there is it should be a DSLR. Which one? I have no clue... Could even be a Rebel...

i hope something gets announced soon.  As for a rebel, looking at the past few releases, that wouldn't technically be due until q4.  But then i guess that only a matter of weeks away!

i don't think, in all reality,  canon will be introducing anything of interest particularly tomorrow (slr-wise).  It's been too quiet.  Unless they have figured out a way of keeping every last bit of information within the hallowed halls of Canon and have decided against any kind of launch build-up.  Bah.  You can feel something is close, it's almost tangible.  Just wish they'd hurry up :)

Ziggy

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2011, 07:22:05 PM »
just have fingers crossed. Hoping for the best,  ;D

match14

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2011, 03:40:07 AM »
OK so what time will the big announcement be made?

Jessops also dropped the price of the 7D so does that mean a 7D mark II is coming too. ::).

There won't be an annoucment I was just saying people are pointing to price drops on the 5D Mark II as a sign of replacement coming, but on the same day the price of the 7D dropped so I was being sarcastic being saying that the price drop must imply that a 7D II is coming.  we all know it is not.

ecka

• 5D Mark III
  • Size matters ;)
    • View Profile
    • flickr
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2011, 05:34:26 AM »
There won't be an annoucment I was just saying people are pointing to price drops on the 5D Mark II as a sign of replacement coming, but on the same day the price of the 7D dropped so I was being sarcastic being saying that the price drop must imply that a 7D II is coming.  we all know it is not.
Actually I think it would be logical for Canon to release 7D2 soon. They are not going to use the same 18mp sensor for the Rebel next year, because the history shows that each of the older Rebels had a different "new" sensor and only 550D and 600D had the same one. So, it may be introduced in their APS-C flagship camera to prevent the 7D line laging behind the competition. Despite that 7D is already a very capable camera, there is a lot to improve - LCD display (3:2 or even vari-angle), multiple memory card slots (CF+SD?), more fps (10?), higher speed flash sync, more processing power (dual Digic5), larger buffer, 1080p 60fps video, better performance sensor (cleaner ISOs and better DR), it may not need a new AF or metering system, but it could be like an improved version (rev.2.0). Maybe Canon decided to update all of their xD bodies (1D, 5D, 7D), what's wrong with that?
FF + primes !

Gothmoth

« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2011, 06:32:12 AM »
you will be proved wrong soon i have inside intel.

will you stupid troll leave us alone when today proved you are a liar?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:33:48 AM by Gothmoth »

foobar

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2011, 07:20:29 AM »
Am I the only one waiting for new A3 printers?  ;D
Seriously. My old printer died and the only thing that's holding me back from buying a Pro9000 Mark II is the fact that it doesn't have a LAN port.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2011, 07:20:29 AM »

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2011, 09:10:30 AM »
you will be proved wrong soon i have inside intel.

will you stupid troll leave us alone when today proved you are a liar?
shutit

NormanBates

• 6D
  • www.similaar.com
    • View Profile
    • www.similaar.com
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2011, 09:18:58 AM »
eagerly watchin the clock and routingely refreshing a bunch of web pages...

tick, tock...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2011, 09:18:58 AM »