April 25, 2014, 01:47:20 AM

Author Topic: I need some flash advice...  (Read 3634 times)

alexanderferdinand

• 7D
    • View Profile
Re: I need some flash advice...
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 12:09:27 PM »
I love people being consequent walking on the path for good light.
The umbrella- man I would like to shake his hand for that.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 12:09:27 PM »

Don Haines

• 1D X
  • Posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 12:33:13 PM »

strobist man by Joits, on Flickr

OK... This is just wrong,,,, That is NOT how you dress up as "The Flash" at ComicCon....
The best camera is the one in your hands

ajfotofilmagem

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »
A= MONO-POD
B= CUSTOM BRACKET FOLDING " T"
C= RPS STUDIO, MODEL RS-03102 MULTI-FLASHES HOLDER.
D= HARDWARE CRAMP.
E= DETACHABLE BASE AND HOTSHOE MOUNTED.
F= CANON FLASH 580 EX II
G= GRASLON 4100F, FLASH MODIFIER--MAIN LIGHT = BIG SOFT LIGHT WITH MINIMUM SHADE AND SHADOW.
H= PHOTTIX ODIN, TTL + TTL ii FLASH CONTROLER/ WIRELESS TRANSMITTER FOR 3 GROUPS 12 FLASHES.
I= PHOTTIX ODIN- TTL + TTL-ii FLASHES RECEIVERS.
J= CANON FLASH 580 EX.
K= STO-FEN OMNI-BOUNCE( diy MODIFY) FOR CATCH LIGHT AT EYES OF MODELS.
L= CANON 5D MK II AND CANON LENS EF 24-70 MM. F/ 2.8 L USM.
M= CANON OFF-CAMERA SHOE CORD TO LINK CAMERA AND PHOTTIX ODIN TRANSMITTER

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/0304434791/accessory-review-phottix-odin-ttl-flash-trigger-for-canon-

I tried something like our friend Surapon, but people were scared when I approached ... :o Now, try to control myself and keep things simple. ??? Considering the need to illuminate large areas, changing direction every photo, thing more "discreet" as possible is an assistant who holds a second flash super powerful, and points to where I have them. ::)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 02:55:13 PM by ajfotofilmagem »

surapon

• 1D X
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 03:26:27 PM »
A= MONO-POD
D= HARDWARE CRAMP.
F= CANON FLASH 580 EX II
G= GRASLON 4100F, FLASH MODIFIER--MAIN LIGHT = BIG SOFT LIGHT WITH MINIMUM SHADE AND SHADOW.
H= PHOTTIX ODIN, TTL + TTL ii FLASH CONTROLER/ WIRELESS TRANSMITTER FOR 3 GROUPS 12 FLASHES.
J= CANON FLASH 580 EX.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/0304434791/accessory-review-phottix-odin-ttl-flash-trigger-for-canon-

I tried something like our friend Surapon, but people were scared when I approached ... :o Now, try to control myself and keep things simple. ??? Considering the need to illuminate large areas, changing direction every photo, thing more "discreet" as possible is an assistant who holds a second flash super powerful, and points to where I have them. ::)

Yes, Sir, Dear ajfotofilmagem.
Special,  I am Asian/ Thai/ American---And When I carry this Rig, The First thing that all of them Think, I am the Owner of Chinese Restaurant and Crazy Photographer. Yes, I just Have Super FUN to watch them to look at me as the crazy guy---------Ha, Ha, Ha.   Yes, I try 4 Men Team, 1 = me, Main photographer,  the second man  as support photographer shoot far away ( Left Side or Right side of me), the third one , to carry the Flash  with Graslon 4100F on the Pole on 45 degree , Left or Right side of the subject, and the 4 th. man carry the Flash + Rogue Grid (16/ 25/ 45 Degree Honeycomb grids), to provide Hair light and shoulder light from the back of the subject at 10 feet high.----Yes, It is a great Light most of the Time, But I hate to tell and yell at the 2 lightsmen, to move to the best location( Yes, They not want to move them self  in to the Pond-Where the best Light for the subjects----Ha, Ha, Ha )---Yes, I try two times and I give up----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Nice to talk to you, Sir.
Surapon

ajfotofilmagem

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
A= MONO-POD
D= HARDWARE CRAMP.
F= CANON FLASH 580 EX II
J= CANON FLASH 580 EX.

Special,  I am Asian/ Thai/ American---And When I carry this Rig, The First thing that all of them Think, I am the Owner of Chinese Restaurant and Crazy Photographer. Yes, I just Have Super FUN to watch them to look at me as the crazy guy---------Ha, Ha, Ha.   Yes, I try 4 Men Team, 1 = me, Main photographer,  the second man  as support photographer shoot far away ( Left Side or Right side of me), the third one , to carry the Flash  with Graslon 4100F on the Pole on 45 degree , Left or Right side of the subject, and the 4 th. man carry the Flash + Rogue Grid (16/ 25/ 45 Degree Honeycomb grids), to provide Hair light and shoulder light from the back of the subject at 10 feet high.----Yes, It is a great Light most of the Time, But I hate to tell and yell at the 2 lightsmen, to move to the best location( Yes, They not want to move them self  in to the Pond-Where the best Light for the subjects----Ha, Ha, Ha )---Yes, I try two times and I give up----Ha, Ha, Ha.
Surapon

I think we need some very obedient robots that read our thoughts and position lights in the exact place. :P It may seem strange, but I like continuous lighting (led) to see where my assistant pointed out the light. ::)

surapon

• 1D X
  • 80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 03:53:35 PM »
A= MONO-POD
D= HARDWARE CRAMP.
F= CANON FLASH 580 EX II
J= CANON FLASH 580 EX.

Surapon

I think we need some very obedient robots that read our thoughts and position lights in the exact place. :P It may seem strange, but I like continuous lighting (led) to see where my assistant pointed out the light. ::)

I have try my 2- 160 LED light on the Poles( Monopod) carry  by 2 staffs, But It not work for me in wedding / Party---Because When we move the Light to their spot---every one in that group look at the photographer and the Lightsmen--and stop talking, stop actions as natural ---just  look at us in 3 direction--cameras, Lights---And the final Photos are look very strange.
Yes, I try.
Thanks you , Sir.
Surapon

privatebydesign

• 1D X
  • Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 04:52:39 PM »
I have been trying to remember this link for days. It seems there is always somebody somewhere crazier...........

http://www.visualnews.com/2011/06/29/a-one-man-mobile-studio-at-burning-man/

On YouTube too.

Human Light Suit: Burning Man 2010 Small | Large
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 04:55:37 PM by privatebydesign »
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 04:52:39 PM »

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 08:25:37 AM »
A= MONO-POD
D= HARDWARE CRAMP.
F= CANON FLASH 580 EX II
J= CANON FLASH 580 EX.

Awesome! but geeky...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 08:25:37 AM »