September 30, 2014, 01:01:46 PM

Author Topic: DxO Perspective for Mac OS X - FREE through November 3rd  (Read 936 times)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
DxO Perspective for Mac OS X - FREE through November 3rd
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:57:52 PM »
DxO has just released Perspective, a standalone app for Mac OS X that corrects keystoning and other common perspective problems.  Looks like a 'light' version of their Viewpoint 2 software (which, in addition to the features of Perspective, also offers corrections for volume anamorphosis and uses the DxO lens modules to automatically correct barrel/pincushion distortion, and works standalone or as a plugin for LR/CS/Aperture).

Perspective will sell for $19.99, but is available through November 3rd as a free download from the Mac App Store (link).
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

DxO Perspective for Mac OS X - FREE through November 3rd
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:57:52 PM »

Brand B

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Re: DxO Perspective for Mac OS X - FREE through November 3rd
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 08:29:03 PM »
Thanks Neuro

Harry Muff

• 7D
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr:
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 08:53:01 PM »
I've got Viewpoint and it's pretty good. This sounds like a good alternative for free.
Some cameras… With Canon written on them. Oh, and some lenses… Also with Canon written on them. Oh, and a shiny camera with Fuji written on it too...

Feel free to have a wander round my flickr

Click

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
Thanks for sharing this information Neuro.

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 09:15:39 PM »
Does it do anything better than lens corrections in LR and ACR along with Adaptive Wide Angle in PS?

I really like DxO's volume anamorphosis as it is so simple, but end up using PS to do even that rather than get another plug in, and as this offer doesn't include that feature I was interested in what it can do.

Just askin'........ Can't beat the current price  :)
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 09:23:01 PM »
Does it do anything better than lens corrections in LR and ACR along with Adaptive Wide Angle in PS?

I really like DxO's volume anamorphosis as it is so simple, but end up using PS to do even that rather than get another plug in, and as this offer doesn't include that feature I was interested in what it can do.

Haven't used Adaptive WA in PS, so can't answer.  You could tell us... :)

DxO Optics Pro does volume anamorphosis as well as keystoning, forced rectangle, etc.  Perspective also adds an 8-point correction not available in Optics Pro, and seems easier to use (control points are handled better, and the Loupe view (Viewpoint has it, too) helps you accurately position the control points on the fly.  There have been requests to add that feature to Optics Pro, apparently it's a significant rework and won't be in v9, maybe we'll see it in v10.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

privatebydesign

• Ermintrude says "moo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:53:57 PM »
Adaptive Wide Angle is awesome, it lets you tune in what you want distorted and what you don't want distorted.

Here is a quick example shot with a 15mm fisheye, the object of the shot is to show the lifts in their undistorted angular form but within their environment.  First image is the entire frame as shot; second shot the Adaptive Wide Angle box in PS, all you do it put two points on a line you want with no distortion and it is done, obviously I have taken the curves out of the lift complex; third shot is selective distortion corrected image.
The best time to plant a tree is twenty-five years ago. The second best time is today.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:53:57 PM »