Coming from a 5DIII, I'm having some issues with my 1D X. Some of them might just be my ignorance, but others are just frustrating me. And a few just seem impossible to solve.
First of all, it took me 3 or 4 days to figure out that the rubber plug was not the battery. After removing that, I was able to get the battery into the camera. After another week of experimenting, I realized that Canon has moved the power switch back to where it was on my 5DII. That seems so backwards from a supposedly innovative company. After that, I ran into the following:
1. My camera is missing the mode dial
2. I'm scaring people and filling up my memory card because each time I push the shutter it goes really fast
3. Related to #2, my flash tried to keep up but ended up burning out
4. It's missing the pop-up flash, just like my 5DII and 5DIII. What's happened to Canon's quality control?
5. No matter how hard I try, I can't get the battery grip off
6. The memory card door is on the back and won't slide open
7. It came with a double battery charger, but only one battery, I must have gotten ripped off - damn white box sellers!
8. My charger came with a cord instead of a flip out outlet - must be a foreign model?
9. My camera has 3 extra DOF preview buttons - they must have had a lot of spares?
10. I flipped some lever or something and now my viewfinder is blacked out???
Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.