October 31, 2014, 01:48:30 AM

Author Topic: Sigma ART 50 Shipments - Have you received your confirmation  (Read 8739 times)

YuengLinger

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Re: Sigma ART 50 Shipments - Have you received your confirmation
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »
Called B&H about an issue not related to the lens, but couldn't resist asking...

Told this afternoon that the next expected shipment is early to mid-June and will be rather small.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2014, 07:50:19 PM »

aZhu

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2014, 12:43:09 PM »
I wonder if the delay in shipping is because Sigma is fixing the AF issues everyone else is having...
Life is like photography. We develop from the negatives.

Salimou

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »
Hi everybody!

I'm in Philadelphia since 4 days, couldn't find it anywhere ugh it's unbelievable!!!!!!!! Off course now that I left my country (France) It's available everywhere and at a really good price. If someone know where Icould buy it in Philadelphia it will be really nice, thank you advance,

Terrierist

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2014, 02:51:08 PM »
I wonder if the delay in shipping is because Sigma is fixing the AF issues everyone else is having...

Just received mine today from B&H.  Slapped it on my 5D III, reset AFMA to zero, and went out to check if there were any problems.

Virtually every photo was sharp, with the focused-upon item well within the usable depth-of-field at F/1.4.  I tried focusing on objects from 1 meter to 1 km, and focus behaved accurately and quickly.  Time and subsequent pixel peeping will tell me if I am going to need to adjust it on the Sigma dock or use AFMA.  But for now, at AFMA = 0, I am very pleased.  This is how it should be:  functioning correctly right out of the box.

I hope, for Sigma's sake, that it is only a vocal minority having troubles with this lens.  Time and more experience with this lens will tell, but for now it has exceeded my expectations.
Canon 7D w/15-85IS: 5DIII w/ 35f/2 IS, 85f1.8 135f/2.0L, 400f/5.6L w/1.4EX III, 70-300f/4-5.6L, Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 VR, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

spector

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2014, 02:57:28 PM »
I just walked into my local Topeka camera store (Wolfe's camera) and they had one on the shelf.  I tried it out in the store and it seemed to work great without focus issues.  Bought it on the spot.  Can't wait to try it out outside of the store.

If you are looking at getting one right now, you may try calling them.  I believe that they had one or two more of them in stock.

Salimou

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2014, 09:52:45 PM »
I just walked into my local Topeka camera store (Wolfe's camera) and they had one on the shelf.  I tried it out in the store and it seemed to work great without focus issues.  Bought it on the spot.  Can't wait to try it out outside of the store.

If you are looking at getting one right now, you may try calling them.  I believe that they had one or two more of them in stock.

Hi, thank's for the information my friend. But the store Wolfe's camera that you are talking about... It's in Kansas right? It's the right and only one? Because they don't have any Sigma 50 Art on this one:
http://www.wolfes.com/ :(

It's alittle bit too far if it's theright one since I'm from Philadelphia, UGH can't believe this is so hard to find one damn 50 Art lens!!!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:04:18 PM by Salimou »

alpha_rook

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2014, 05:22:21 PM »
Just wondering, but do 90% of the people who ordered the Sigma need the lens straight away for some big assignment? ??? Because it does look like the 90% of people are are just a bit too impatient.  ::)

What's your point? I think that's obvious, but to answer your question, yes I do need it for an assignment and I'm impatient.

My point is that it's just easier to relax and wait for the lens to be shipped.

This thread is directly addressing any additional information that can be shared as to the wait in dealing with back orders. If there's a possible 2 month+ wait for gear that you need for a job in less time, then any additional specifics will help in your decision to wait or find a replacement locally. Your subjective contribution to people being impatient as I stated before is clearly obvious: people are impatient waiting for any new and hyped up piece of gear. Bringing that to their attention is redundant.
5DM3, 6D, 50 1.4, 24-70 2.8 II, 70-200 2.8 II, 16-35 2.8, 85 1.2 II, 135 2L, 100 2.8 Mac.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2014, 05:22:21 PM »

traingineer

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2014, 10:34:02 PM »
Just wondering, but do 90% of the people who ordered the Sigma need the lens straight away for some big assignment? ??? Because it does look like the 90% of people are are just a bit too impatient.  ::)

What's your point? I think that's obvious, but to answer your question, yes I do need it for an assignment and I'm impatient.

My point is that it's just easier to relax and wait for the lens to be shipped.

This thread is directly addressing any additional information that can be shared as to the wait in dealing with back orders. If there's a possible 2 month+ wait for gear that you need for a job in less time, then any additional specifics will help in your decision to wait or find a replacement locally. Your subjective contribution to people being impatient as I stated before is clearly obvious: people are impatient waiting for any new and hyped up piece of gear. Bringing that to their attention is redundant.

Ok then.
7D | 24-70mm F2.8 I | 50mm F1.8 II | Sigma 105mm F2.8 OS

gjones5252

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2014, 12:40:47 AM »
Talked to yesterday and my order will finally shipping. they should be getting in enough lenses to fulfill all mid april orders per the BH dude. My order on BH just changed to in stock order sent to warehouse. Going to let them go ahead and send it. If its massively impressive ill be keeping it for sure...

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2014, 01:50:14 AM »
Talked to yesterday and my order will finally shipping. they should be getting in enough lenses to fulfill all mid april orders per the BH dude. My order on BH just changed to in stock order sent to warehouse. Going to let them go ahead and send it. If its massively impressive ill be keeping it for sure...

just make sure you have the dock or have access to a dock to correct any wierdness in the AF
i knew my AF was off on my copied when i picked it up in store but since it was the only one in china i wasnt able to be choosey so i bought the dock and calibrated it when i had time
APS-H Fanboy

Bruce Photography

• EOS M2
  • Landscapes, 5DX,7D,60D,EOSM,D800/E,D810,D7100
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2014, 03:46:13 AM »
As of today, here is B&H's update - "I am sorry but at this time the manufacturer has not given us a delivery date for this lens " that they sent me in response to an online query about the status of this lens.

Me too.

e-d0uble

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2014, 02:56:52 AM »
Mine should be here today (Friday).  Looks like rain all day here (Sandy Hook, CT), so it'll be strictly indoor testing.  Hopefully I won't have to spend two hours with it hooked to the dock =)

YuengLinger

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2014, 07:35:05 PM »
Once again called B&H customer service about a different order, but this time the rep volunteered:  "By the way, we're told we're getting a big delivery of these lenses next week.  Yours should be shipping then."

I ordered mine on May 4th, so...We'll see.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2014, 07:35:05 PM »

Viggo

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2014, 12:52:10 AM »
Once again called B&H customer service about a different order, but this time the rep volunteered:  "By the way, we're told we're getting a big delivery of these lenses next week.  Yours should be shipping then."

I ordered mine on May 4th, so...We'll see.

May the 4th be with you . ;D

1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

RiceCake

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »
I pre-orderd at The Camera Store in Calgary back in early May. I just got a call yesterday and picked it up. So far so good, mostly the same as everyone else   :D

It worked perfectly straight out of the box, and I am loving the combination of extreme sharpness with extreme bokeh! I also love how close it focuses, because I'm almost always at the MFD of my 85mm and wishing it would get closer (p.s. anyone want to buy a sigma 85mm?)

I have noticed that the focus points on the outer edges of 5D MkIII are not very consistent... Sometimes they nail it, but other times they dont. If I must use the outer points I'll likely take 3-4 pictures to make sure I get the focus I want. Not ideal, but I honestly haven't had and lens faster than f/2.8 getting accurate results on the outer focus points. I am only using the cross type points.

There are so many threads about this lens, so I don't know where to post but I'll update if it goes crazy like Viggo's first one.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »