October 24, 2014, 05:31:57 AM

Author Topic: Canada Post Thefts Halt Lens Rentals Canada Service  (Read 4487 times)

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Re: Canada Post Thefts Halt Lens Rentals Canada Service
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 10:38:38 PM »
Craig, totally bummed out to hear about your business loss. I hope the Police nail whoever is responsible for the thefts.

I guess they'd have run a...

(wait for it)

Sting operation?

Jim

Huh? I don't get it...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2014, 10:38:38 PM »

Jim Saunders

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 10:42:07 PM »
Craig, totally bummed out to hear about your business loss. I hope the Police nail whoever is responsible for the thefts.

(wait for it)

Sting operation?

Jim

Huh? I don't get it...

At least around here Police (capitalized) refers to the band of that name; their lead singer goes by Sting.

Jim
See what I see: 6500K, 160 cd/m^2, ICC 2, gamma 2.2.

Jamesy

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 10:46:24 PM »
I get it now.

My comment was very sincere - I have met Craig a few times and been in his lens rental business - top notch guy and top notch business. I hope they nail the thieves and Craig gets his gear back safe and sound

Jim Saunders

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 10:48:19 PM »
I get it now.

My comment was very sincere - I have met Craig a few times and been in his lens rental business - top notch guy and top notch business. I hope they nail the thieves and Craig gets his gear back safe and sound

Don't get me wrong, I hope for precisely that as well; I had their 200-400 a few weeks back and being able to ship it in the mail was very important due to the local couriers being flaky.

Jim

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2014, 09:37:49 AM »

(wait for it)

Sting operation?

Jim

Huh? I don't get it...

At least around here Police (capitalized) refers to the band of that name; their lead singer goes by Sting.

Jim
Technically, since we're getting picky on capitalization, wouldn't The have to be capitalized? 

If you're going to be so droll, don't stand so close to me.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

Jim Saunders

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 10:36:58 AM »

Technically, since we're getting picky on capitalization, wouldn't The have to be capitalized? 

If you're going to be so droll, don't stand so close to me.

Fair point  ;)

Jim

chmod

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 11:47:25 AM »
This is a very unfortunate story.

My hope is it ultimately works out in your favor and those participating in the theft are found out.

pstrick

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 11:47:25 AM »

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 06:12:56 PM »
Insurance on he packages won't help much as I was told directly by a Canada post employee that although you can add insurance to your package good luck getting the value back if there is an issue.  They recommended me to use one of the big guys if insurance was actually important. LOL. Loved the honestly.  Cost a bit more but I felt safer.  Over they last number of years in the hundred of parcels I have received I have only had issue with Canada post.  Be it missing items, delays in shipping while in Canada posts hands.  Then they have the gull to raise prices for continued poor service gotta love government union employees that you can't trust anymore and well you know are out of touch with reality in todays job world.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 09:31:27 AM »
Insurance on he packages won't help much as I was told directly by a Canada post employee that although you can add insurance to your package good luck getting the value back if there is an issue.  They recommended me to use one of the big guys if insurance was actually important. LOL. Loved the honestly.  Cost a bit more but I felt safer.  Over they last number of years in the hundred of parcels I have received I have only had issue with Canada post.  Be it missing items, delays in shipping while in Canada posts hands.  Then they have the gull to raise prices for continued poor service gotta love government union employees that you can't trust anymore and well you know are out of touch with reality in todays job world.
That's awful! I never had a problem with US Priority Mail insurance . . . seemed like a pride thing talking to our postmaster down here.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

mackguyver

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Work
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 10:45:55 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear about this and hope that you are able to recover the stolen property and put the thief or thieves behind bars. 

I'm not surprised to hear that Canada Post is awful, given my experiences.  It seems like the items I've ordered from Canada don't appear in my tracking until they cross the border, and the last two eBay shipments I've sent to Canada have either disappeared from tracking or show delivery to the wrong address.  In both cases, I was fortunate enough to have honest buyers who didn't try to con me, but I don't understand how the service could be so poor.   As dstppy says, I guess those of us in the US should feel fortunate to have our mail service.

WPJ

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 03:00:01 AM »
I'm glad your back up and running.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 03:00:01 AM »