June 25, 2018, 03:49:20 PM

Author Topic: The Illumination Experience With Shane Hurlbut  (Read 6518 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
    • Canon Rumors
The Illumination Experience With Shane Hurlbut
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:01:52 AM »

Shane Hurlbut, A.S.C., begins his Illumination Experience Tour on September 14, 2014, which will be traveling to 25 North American cities. This highly anticipated tour is ideal for any filmmaker looking to gain industry experience while gaining invaluable knowledge from a cinematic pioneer.

The Illumination Experience is a two-part series; the Illumination Workshop, which will be taught in all 25 cities, and the Experience Masterclass which will be available to students in nine of these cities.

Canon Rumors readers receive a special discount of $20 off tickets with voucher code “IETCR” 

If you haven’t heard of Shane, he’s an ASC member and has shot multimillion dollar blockbuster films such as Act of Valor, Drumline, Terminator: Salvation, The Rat Pack, and We Are Marshall.

For the Illumination Workshop, Shane will demonstrate his avant-garde approach to three-point lighting during an interactive live shoot which will teach students how to design, develop, enhance, and supplement the storytelling process with lighting, script analysis, storyboard preparation, lighting schematics, and shot lists. Students will have a chance to collaborate with Shane and receive guidance and feedback.

http://vimeo.com/mzedu/illuminationexperience

The Experience Masterclass is limited to 50 students and is a day-long hands-on intensive consisting of two live shoots. Students will be divided into four teams: DP, Camera, Grips, and Electrics, that will provide them with a real-life setting. Students will experiment with gear such as the Fisher 10 Dolly, the Movi, and the Kessler Crane in conjunction with various lights, filters, flags and bounces. Shane will critique each scene and provide customized feedback to each team.

To register head over to the Illumination Experience website and enter code “IETCR” at checkout: http://illumination.mzed.com/

For more information visit: www.Illumination-Experience.com

Media Contact: Aiman Ahmed

Email: Aiman@mzed.com

Phone: 301-986-4413

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:33:05 AM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

The Illumination Experience With Shane Hurlbut
« on: September 16, 2014, 01:01:52 AM »

l_d_allan

• EOS Rebel 300D
    • Berean photos
Relevance?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 02:49:21 AM »
Maybe I'm being slow, but I don't see the relevance of this article to CR.

Is Canon equipment used at the work-shop?
5d2, T3i, Pro-9000ii (2), several lenses

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
    • Canon Rumors
Re: Relevance?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 05:26:42 AM »
Maybe I'm being slow, but I don't see the relevance of this article to CR.

Is Canon equipment used at the work-shop?

Shane is a Canon Explorer of Light and was probably the first professional Hollywood cinematographer to embrace the DSLR as a film-making tool.
canonrumors.com

dave

• EOS Rebel T7i
Re: The Illumination Experience With Shane Hurlbut
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 09:42:57 AM »
Research says that the key to getting more clicks is making ads look like actual content. Quite frankly I think there are enough ads in the site as it is. I just find this a complete turn off. Doesn't show a great lack of respect for members. Way to drag down a really good site.

pardus

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »
I am stoked that this was posted on here. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  I am signing up, I want to learn to use my 5D better and my lighting and other equip. Call it an ad or not, it is relevant to me and to members interested in cinematography. How is it different than all the posts about product? this whole site is an ad for Canon and am sure it makes money off affiliate links.

pardus

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »
signed up for the Vancouver date. BTW, the IETCR coupon code was invalid but found another one IETVIST that worked.

dave

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 05:53:19 PM »
Good for you. We are obviously the right target people this stuff at. Undoubtedly tolerance for the balance between ads and content is personal taste. I have no problem with a certain number of ads on the site as long as they are positioned so that I can easily ignore them if I wish. I think there should be clearer delineation than fine print wording. The primary reason I come here is not for the rumors but for the fantastic members and their experience. For my taste I would prefer to not see ads listed in the rumors feed in the same format as non-paid spots. Between the ad itself and the over the top superlatives used by the guy to describe himself I found it a turn off. When i come I don't necessarily want to feel like I am at a market or county fair or something where people are just trying to get money out of you in as many ways possible. I'm am aware that the site needs revenue to both provide the service and make money but I don't want to be beaten about the head by it.

I guess it was just feedback that can be taken or left. Unlike you I don't see the site as a giant ad for Canon because positive and negative reviews are posted, problems discussed and you can certainly come here and listen to all of the perceived flaws of Canon products (not mentioning the S word). If I'm the only one who finds a bit OTT with the actual ads I can live with that.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:57:55 PM by dave »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 05:53:19 PM »

EchoLocation

• EOS 80D
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 11:03:24 PM »
Quite frankly I think there are enough ads in the site as it is. I just find this a complete turn off. Doesn't show a great lack of respect for members. Way to drag down a really good site.
I don't think this site has more ads than any other websites, and I respect the site operators need to make a living from their hard work. While I am not interested in this ad/opportunity, the moment it took me to scan through it and figure out I didn't care wasn't a big deal. I'd just like to say thanks again to the admin for all persistence and dedication to keeping us up to date on everything happening in the Canon ecosystem. This is one of my favorite sites on the net and I visit it multiple times a day from my home and office in China! I hope that this ad helps them to keep the site going and allows them to continue providing us with excellent content.
Thanks again admin!
Canon EOS-M, 22mm f2, 11-22mm f4-5.6
Canon 550D, Sigma 50mm f1.4
Nikon D700, Nikon 24-70mm f2.8, Tamron 17-35mm f2.8-4

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
    • Canon Rumors
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 06:22:47 AM »
Research says that the key to getting more clicks is making ads look like actual content. Quite frankly I think there are enough ads in the site as it is. I just find this a complete turn off. Doesn't show a great lack of respect for members. Way to drag down a really good site.

An ad would suggest I got paid to post it.
canonrumors.com

tyger11

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »
FYI, the IETCR code worked for me.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »