May 27, 2018, 04:24:51 AM

Poll

When do you think Canon are going to release the 5D Mark III?

January 2012
4 (5.4%)
March 2012
16 (21.6%)
Photokina 2012
34 (45.9%)
Xmas 2012
12 (16.2%)
Within 8 weeks after Nikon release D800
8 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: July 06, 2012, 10:08:15 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III - Poll  (Read 13918 times)

AG

• EOS 80D
Re: 5D Mark III - Poll
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 05:33:54 AM »
There is a rumour going around the traps that Canon could announce the Specs for the 5D3 at CES, but not have it available for sale until March 2012.

Makes sense if they are doing the 1DX approach (show first and then release 3 months later)

Where did you ear this rumor AG?  It does seem very plausible though as there is also a good chance Nikon announce their new camera for the CES.  Maybe they will even announce both teh D800 and the D4, so indeed Canon could respond by announcing the spec of the 5D III.

I am ready to bet that the press release for the 5D III is ready (someone in another thread mention this) and Canon is ready to release it as soon as the D800 is announced.

I am hoping for a exciting first week of January!

How come we haven't heard any rumors of this nature from CR? Where is your source for the 5D3 getting announced in Jan?

Speaking to the local Canon Rep at the wholesaler the other week. Was talking about dropping a deposit onto a 1DX and he said to wait for the January announcement first.

When i joked that "why are they going to delay it again?" He said no but because i shoot video to wait and see what happens with the new 5D2 replacement at CES.

So going on that i would take it that he was talking about the 5D3.

Either way i have $3K sitting there as a "tentative" deposit with the understanding that if the 5D3 has all the bells and whistles that i want/need then it will swap over to that (i just have to give them the all clear to do so....then the wait till it gets down here to Aus).

Either way I'm not fussed. :)
Yes, i shoot video on a DSLR.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 05:33:54 AM »

Isaac

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 08:05:30 AM »
There is a rumour going around the traps that Canon could announce the Specs for the 5D3 at CES, but not have it available for sale until March 2012.

Makes sense if they are doing the 1DX approach (show first and then release 3 months later)

Where did you ear this rumor AG?  It does seem very plausible though as there is also a good chance Nikon announce their new camera for the CES.  Maybe they will even announce both teh D800 and the D4, so indeed Canon could respond by announcing the spec of the 5D III.

I am ready to bet that the press release for the 5D III is ready (someone in another thread mention this) and Canon is ready to release it as soon as the D800 is announced.

I am hoping for a exciting first week of January!

How come we haven't heard any rumors of this nature from CR? Where is your source for the 5D3 getting announced in Jan?

Speaking to the local Canon Rep at the wholesaler the other week. Was talking about dropping a deposit onto a 1DX and he said to wait for the January announcement first.

When i joked that "why are they going to delay it again?" He said no but because i shoot video to wait and see what happens with the new 5D2 replacement at CES.

So going on that i would take it that he was talking about the 5D3.

Either way i have $3K sitting there as a "tentative" deposit with the understanding that if the 5D3 has all the bells and whistles that i want/need then it will swap over to that (i just have to give them the all clear to do so....then the wait till it gets down here to Aus).

Either way I'm not fussed. :)

Yes, but did he say where he heard this from or was he merely speculating?

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 09:31:35 AM »
...because i shoot video to wait and see what happens with the new 5D2 replacement at CES.

Yes, but did he say where he heard this from or was he merely speculating?

I'd have to guess speculating, or maybe hoping?  It's an interesting comment in regards to video, though, given the improvements already incorporated into the 1D X (less moire, etc.) - I wonder if some of the 'pro' features like the embedded timecoding and audio gain adjustments during shooting, as well as clever features like the touch-sensitive quick control dial for silent adjustments during shooting will make it into the 5DIII?
EOS 1D X, EOS M6, lots of lenses

Isaac

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 10:35:36 AM »
Didn't we have a poll like that already? If you're bored by the waiting, go and shoot with a real cam, which can't be a bad one either, or build a snowman or whatever  8) Happy Season anyway! I'll say: It'll be coming round the mountain (Mt Fujiama in this case ::) ) when it comes... ;D

If it's boring for you then don't write here, no one is forcing you. Happy season? I don't celebrate any season.

DJL329

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 10:45:59 AM »
Didn't we have a poll like that already? If you're bored by the waiting, go and shoot with a real cam, which can't be a bad one either, or build a snowman or whatever  8) Happy Season anyway! I'll say: It'll be coming round the mountain (Mt Fujiama in this case ::) ) when it comes... ;D

If it's boring for you then don't write here, no one is forcing you. Happy season? I don't celebrate any season.

I celebrate Spring and the end of the snow!  ;D
Canon 5D Mark IV | 14mm f/2.8L | 16-35mm f/4L IS | 24mm f/2.8 IS | 50mm f/1.4 | 85mm f/1.8 | 100mm f/2.8L IS | 200mm f/2.8L II | 400mm f/4 DO IS II

Isaac

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 02:25:50 AM »
Most people voted Photokina yet I doubt Canon will wait that long if Nikon release the D800 in January (when Nikon Rumors says it's most likely going to be released)

JR

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 07:28:25 AM »
Most people voted Photokina yet I doubt Canon will wait that long if Nikon release the D800 in January (when Nikon Rumors says it's most likely going to be released)

I agree with you it seem kind of far to think it would only happen at Photokina.  I would think the announcement itself would happen well before that (at least in the first half of the year) and then availability might depend on production availability.
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 07:28:25 AM »

Isaac

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:22 AM »
It seems that after the last CR2 most votes on the poll are wrong!

We see that March/April may be the arrival of our beloved 5D Mark III.

Let's hope so!  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:22 AM »