June 29, 2017, 08:50:38 AM

Author Topic: Firmware: Canon EOS 5DS & Canon EOS 5DS R v1.1.1  (Read 1423 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • Canon Rumors
Firmware: Canon EOS 5DS & Canon EOS 5DS R v1.1.1
« on: June 15, 2017, 08:39:54 PM »
Canon has released updated firmware for the EOS 5DS and EOS 5DS R. The firmware for each camera is different, so please be sure to download and install the correct one.

Canon EOS 5DS R Firmware v1.1.1

Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes:

1. Corrects a phenomenon in which shooting may not be completed while using HDR (High Dynamic Range) Mode, when certain combinations of settings are selected.
  2. Corrects the phenomenon of Err70 which occurs with certain combinations of settings.
  3. Corrects the level display when the camera is held in the vertical orientation with the hand grip pointing downward.
  4. Corrects a phenomenon in which, when using certain CF cards, it may take approximately five seconds for the camera to power on depending on when the camera’s power switch was turned .

Download firmware v1.1.1 for the Canon EOS 5DS R

Canon EOS 5DS Firmware v1.1.1

Firmware Version 1.1.1 incorporates the following fixes:

1. Corrects a phenomenon in which shooting may not be completed while using HDR (High Dynamic Range) Mode, when certain combinations of settings are selected.
  2. Corrects the phenomenon of Err70 which occurs with certain combinations of settings.
  3. Corrects the level display when the camera is held in the vertical orientation with the hand grip pointing downward.
  4. Corrects a phenomenon in which, when using certain CF cards, it may take approximately five seconds for the camera to power on depending on when the camera’s power switch was turned .

Download firmware v1.1.1 for the Canon EOS 5DS

canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Firmware: Canon EOS 5DS & Canon EOS 5DS R v1.1.1
« on: June 15, 2017, 08:39:54 PM »

Hector1970

• Canon 7D MK II
    • Flickr
Re: Firmware: Canon EOS 5DS & Canon EOS 5DS R v1.1.1
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 04:51:51 AM »
I find a very long lag between taking a photo and seeing it. It's not massive but it's not instantaneous like any other Canon camera. Could they sort that with a firmware update (or have they already). I find it very annoying when doing people shots and your are paused waiting to see the photo.

sebasan

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 09:59:06 AM »
I find a very long lag between taking a photo and seeing it. It's not massive but it's not instantaneous like any other Canon camera. Could they sort that with a firmware update (or have they already). I find it very annoying when doing people shots and your are paused waiting to see the photo.

Maybe that lag is due to the big files...

The Flasher

• Rebel SL1
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 12:07:25 AM »

I find a very long lag in firmware updates for this camera line.
A few bodies, lenses and lots of flash

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 12:07:25 AM »