December 15, 2017, 10:48:15 PM

Author Topic: You Wanted it, and Canon Is Delivering. The PC-E2 is Coming This Week  (Read 13040 times)

mdmphoto

• EOS M5
    • Mike McReynolds Photography
Re: You Wanted it, and Canon Is Delivering. The PC-E2 is Coming This Week
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 02:47:52 PM »
Effing A!!!!!  ...I should be able to get a great deal on PC-E1 now, while there's still some inventory left....
5D-s, 7DMkII, 50D, 16-35 f/2.8L II, 17-55IS, 24-105L, 70-200 Fl2.8L IS, 135L, tokina 11-20 f/2.8, 150-500 & a buffet more, 580 EXII, 430 EXII, AB 800's

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 02:47:52 PM »

tron

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
Re: You Wanted it, Canon Is Delivering. The PC-E2 is Coming This Week
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 02:50:33 PM »
Jokes aside, in Japan using traditional Japanese wrapping cloth (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furoshiki (Furoshiki) is quite common and is used as a symbol of respect when delivering valuable gifts to your guests. Even though awkward, the PC-E2 product concept is based on this idea, I guess.
So the Japanese will be able to wrap the 1DxII boxes when they present them as gifts! Nice  ;D ;D ;D

9VIII

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 09:55:52 PM »
Also, on the 'fun products you didn't need' tip, MindShift offers this gem:

https://www.mindshiftgear.com/products/contact-sheet

Yes.  It's a tiny packable tarp to keep your landscape/wildlife gear clean and dry. 

Neat idea until you consider how inexpensive a personal tent footprint is at REI, or a tarp at Home Depot / Lowe's + intelligent application of scissors.   ::)

Yes, but imagine if someone out in the wilderness sees you putting your expensive camera and L lenses on a generic box store tarp?

Am I the only one who seems to remember the "good old days" when practically everyone would just cover their camera in garbage bags?
And I haven't even owned an SLR for more than five years yet.

jmoya

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 12:56:31 PM »
The real question is how Canon will  differentiate  artificially limit  nerf the PC-E2 to protect sales of their forthcoming PC-L1, the protective cloth specifically designed for bodies with L-series lenses attached.

They will probably add holes in it for breathability.

LDS

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 02:33:35 PM »
Effing A!!!!!  ...I should be able to get a great deal on PC-E1 now, while there's still some inventory left....

Hurry, Canon USA has it 20% off!!!  ;D

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/protecting-cloth-pc-e1

It is also compatible not only with the EOS 5D Mark IV body,  but also EOS 5D Mark IV Body Refurbished!!!

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 02:41:46 PM »

Hurry, Canon USA has it 20% off!!!  ;D

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/protecting-cloth-pc-e1

It is also compatible not only with the EOS 5D Mark IV body,  but also EOS 5D Mark IV Body Refurbished!!!

Damn, the 1D X isn't on the list of compatible cameras.  My hopes are dashed.  Sony, here I come........
EOS 1D X, EOS M2, lots of lenses

Foxdude

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 02:57:51 PM »
What do you guys think, should I buy this now or wait for the PC-E3? Someone already mentioned this has soft corners and not compatible with 1D X.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 02:57:51 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 03:06:12 PM »
What do you guys think, should I buy this now or wait for the PC-E3? Someone already mentioned this has soft corners and not compatible with 1D X.

Given Canon's notoriously slow pace of innovation, you may need to wait several years for the MkIII, and even then, the improvements will be minor.  Undoubtedly the PC-E2 will have poor Dust Removal, and I would not expect that critical characteristic to improve much, Canon seems to be at the limit of their technology. 

Foxdude

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 03:17:09 PM »
I just checked the specs, and this thing even doesn't have Dual SD slots. Stupid Canon!!
I'm gonna sell all my Canon gear! Stupid, so stupid..

Antono Refa

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2017, 10:12:26 AM »
And there I thought Canon is making a Perspective Control lens with 1mm focal length...

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »
Where's the preorder link?!?

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2017, 10:27:24 AM »
Ahhh, here we go.  Where B&H and Adorama utterly fail, good ol' reliable (and not bankrupt at all!) Ritz comes through in the clutch:

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/CN2349C001/canon-2349c001-pc-e2-protecting-cloth.htm

Kit Lens Jockey

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2017, 03:47:26 PM »
In defense of this thing, the photo on Canon's website of how you can wrap it around your camera and use the attached strap to secure it on the camera makes it seem like at least a somewhat worthwhile product.

And while everyone bashes and jokes about it for soft corners and lack of card slots, looking at the actual website, it seems that the PC-E2 is not so much in improved PC-E1, as it is a smaller version of it. The PC-E2 specifically says it can only be used with smaller cameras, whereas the PC-E1 photos show it in use with a 5D MkIV.

I don't think Canon is trying to proport this as an improved version of the PC-E1 as much as they're just saying it's a smaller one to be used with the smaller DSLRs.

Canon does a lot of stuff to get us to spend money, this does not appear to be one of them. It's just a smaller one for smaller cameras.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2017, 03:47:26 PM »

LDS

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2017, 05:15:30 PM »
the photo on Canon's website of how you can wrap it around your camera

Exactly, it's something for people used to the noble tradition and art of origami.

As myself, I guess I will forget how to properly fold and wrap it around my camera quite soon, and after some Donald Duck attempts, I will get an ugly blob from which the camera would slip out easily.

More or less like some foldable light shapers, and other items, which I never learn how to fold and put everything into the box properly.

Jokes aside, it could be a simple option to protect your camera when you need nothing more, even if the price looks at Canon levels. But in the heat of 6DII and SL2 release, it was simply too funny to mock it....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2017, 05:15:30 PM »