November 22, 2017, 10:03:44 AM

Author Topic: Another Confirmation on the Upcoming Canon Lenses & New Flash  (Read 8307 times)

Jopa

• EOS 5DS R
Re: Another Confirmation on the Upcoming Canon Lenses & New Flash
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 02:37:14 AM »
This is what I would be most interested in. Granted I would have to get another small RT flash, but to be able to fill instead of bumping ISO would be great.

Also, while we're on the topic of diffusion, I'll second that commercial options suck. This is my most current setup using some Lee gels and a file folder, plus the results  ;D

WOW. Both the setup and the result are IMPRESSIVE. I'm not sure if you should be complaining considering your skills :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 02:37:14 AM »

midluk

• EOS 80D
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 06:08:25 AM »
A big plus would be the possibility to remove the cables to the flash heads from the main unit to be able to use it just as a RT flash master. And one might want to use a  macro flash as a RT slave for something other than actual macro photography (need some small highlights somewhere in the scene?).

I have been thinking about buying a macro flash for some time, but not having RT turned me off until now. I don't want to go back to optical remote when everything else can do RT.
5D4, 70D+BG E14, EF 24-70 f/4L IS, EF 16-35 f/4L IS, EF-S 17-55, EF-S 10-22, EF 100 f/2.8L IS macro, EF 70-200 f/4L IS, EF 100-400 L IS II, 2x 600EX-RT, 430EX III-RT

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 08:00:00 AM »
A big plus would be the possibility to remove the cables to the flash heads from the main unit to be able to use it just as a RT flash master. And one might want to use a  macro flash as a RT slave for something other than actual macro photography (need some small highlights somewhere in the scene?).

I have been thinking about buying a macro flash for some time, but not having RT turned me off until now. I don't want to go back to optical remote when everything else can do RT.

To remove the cables you'd have to put batteries in the heads, not sure that would be popular as the small heads are a nice aspect of the current model.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

Drainpipe

• EOS Rebel 300D
  • It's all about the little things.
    • Check out my Instagram!
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2017, 09:03:24 AM »
This is what I would be most interested in. Granted I would have to get another small RT flash, but to be able to fill instead of bumping ISO would be great.

Also, while we're on the topic of diffusion, I'll second that commercial options suck. This is my most current setup using some Lee gels and a file folder, plus the results  ;D

WOW. Both the setup and the result are IMPRESSIVE. I'm not sure if you should be complaining considering your skills :)

I appreciate the compliment! I'm always looking to add to my macro skills and equipment. That's why I'm so interested in the new TS-E 135L. I think it will add another tool in my bag to let me get unique shots I wouldn't otherwise get. Maybe I'm too hopeful, but I can't wait to try it out and throw some extension tubes on it.
Canon 5DII | MP-E 65mm 1x-5x f/2.8 | MT-24EX
My macro Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/macrobrice

Chaitanya

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 12:21:25 PM »

Nikon offers a twin light kit: R1C1,and I know only one Nikon shooter here who used to own that kit. According to that person the camera gets front heavy as soon as the macro lights are installed also lights use CR123 which are very difficult to procure(in India atleast) and they are expensive. You need 2-3 sets of batteries for a single trip(3-4 day long) and each battery costs 200-600INR(~4-10$) so the costs ramp up pretty quickly. Another thing that was mentioned was that R1C1 kit is not the easiest thing to carry in bag unlike MT-24ex which packs down to fraction of volume of that Nikon kit. So while in theory having wireless macro lights sounds useful in practice compromises made make it a headache for user.

Talys

• EOS 7D Mark II
  • Canon 6DII
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 01:00:32 PM »
Would also be nice as an RT slave, that you could control from an E3-RT.

Normalnorm

• EOS 6D Mark II
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 11:25:51 PM »
The best part about the TS lenses for me is that they can be used on the Fuji GFX with adapters.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 11:25:51 PM »

sulla

• EOS M5
    • my flickr page
About time with the macro flash, but still no RT in the name? It will be a serious disappointment if it isn't RT enabled.
Canon brought out the new ring-lite MR-14EX II after they released the 600-RT, and it came without RT. That greatly surprised me, because I somehow assumed RT was going to be the new standard. It is just so much more advanced than optical control. I see advantages of RT over optical systems also for macro work - not having to place the slaves' optical sensors facing the Twin-Light (outdoors) or simply out of the line-of-sight would be convenient - but range would not be problematic.

So, frankly, I could not understand Canon's omission of RT from the MR-14EX II, but I wouldn't bet on the new Twin-Lite having RT, after all, Canon has a history of not including it...
5D & EF 8-15, EF 16-35 2.8 II, EF 24 1.4 II, EF 24-70 2.8 II, EF 35 1.4 II, EF 40, MP-E 65 Macro, EF 85 1.2 II, TS-E 90, EF 100 L Macro, EF 70-200 2.8 II

Jopa

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 12:07:00 AM »
The best part about the TS lenses for me is that they can be used on the Fuji GFX with adapters.

That's really awesome! And as a bonus they can also be used on any Canon body without an adapter! ;)

SecureGSM

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2017, 02:17:13 AM »
Jopa,

I was so excited to read that I can attach TS-E lenses to any Canon camera that I pulled out my old and trusty Canon Power Shot G5 camera, please see the image attached and thought I will give it a shot :)
How do I disconnect the lens from the camera? I am stucked here, totally.
Do you think that I should give the camera a gentle nudge or apply lubricant to the lens mount to loosen it up a little bit? The camera is slightly old and I never changed lenses on it ever. Thank you, Sir.  :D :D

That's really awesome! And as a bonus they can also be used on any Canon body without an adapter! ;)

sulla

• EOS M5
    • my flickr page
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 05:41:08 AM »
How do I disconnect the lens from the camera? I am stucked here, totally.
The whole process actually involves 4 steps:

Step1: remove old lens with special tool (see figure 1)
Step2: get yourself the necessary EF-mount (see figure 2)
Step3: attach the mount to the powershot using special tool (see figure 3)
Step4: attach TS-lens (trivial, not shown)

regards!

PS: anyone knows how to use images in-line istead of attachments?
5D & EF 8-15, EF 16-35 2.8 II, EF 24 1.4 II, EF 24-70 2.8 II, EF 35 1.4 II, EF 40, MP-E 65 Macro, EF 85 1.2 II, TS-E 90, EF 100 L Macro, EF 70-200 2.8 II

SecureGSM

• EOS 5D Mark IV
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 10:54:11 AM »
Jopa,

if that was funny, then please watch this video. see the link below. an eye opener, a shocker, absurdly and  hilarious at the same time. It left me scratching my head if that guy is for real or pulling my finger.
Idiots do exist. Its a full time job for many. I know, I live long enough.
this video is about how not to go about modifying your photo equipment.. it is entertaining though..

Disclaimer: I manged to remove that screw in 20 seconds.. no equipment was harmed in the process.

I strongly recommend watching this video. trust me :)

link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdpTuJXZjQ

Funny!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:58:06 AM by SecureGSM »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2017, 10:54:11 AM »

sulla

• EOS M5
    • my flickr page
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2017, 11:04:53 AM »
incredible video!

Jopa

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 01:41:08 AM »
Jopa,

if that was funny, then please watch this video. see the link below. an eye opener, a shocker, absurdly and  hilarious at the same time. It left me scratching my head if that guy is for real or pulling my finger.
Idiots do exist. Its a full time job for many. I know, I live long enough.
this video is about how not to go about modifying your photo equipment.. it is entertaining though..

Disclaimer: I manged to remove that screw in 20 seconds.. no equipment was harmed in the process.

I strongly recommend watching this video. trust me :)

link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdpTuJXZjQ

Funny!

That was NUTS! I'm wondering why he couldn't just use a sledgehammer? :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2017, 01:41:08 AM »