October 01, 2014, 05:10:06 AM

Author Topic: B&H Customer Service experience on 5DMKIII  (Read 1442 times)

wally0206

B&H Customer Service experience on 5DMKIII
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:23:33 AM »
well i just thought i would share with you, i pre ordered on the 3/2 10:40am, i wasn't in the first batch shipped last week. so i called everyday since friday to get an update, the feedback was possibly the week of 4/1, but more than likely after passover. so on tuesday i placed an order with Lensrental to cover shooting Wrestlemania to raise money for make a wish, and then cancelled my order with B&H, they were understanding of the situation. so today i went to fedex to pick up my rental, when i got home there was a door tag from Fedex?? I called fedex to see where it was from..........yeah B&H still shipped the camera last night. i never received any emails on shipping and i had already canceled the order, and now i have 2 5DMKIII , one rental and one from B&H that i cancelled. so i am a little let down that i got the rental, but more let down that I moved the funds from my checking account back to my savings once i cancelled.  just thought i would share.

canon rumors FORUM

B&H Customer Service experience on 5DMKIII
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:23:33 AM »

se7en

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Re: B&H Customer Service experience on 5DMKIII
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 11:29:23 AM »
okay?

dadgummit

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:37:37 AM »
I wonder if the order was already pulled, packed and labeled in the warehouse when you called to cancel.  Since the computer knew you cancelled it stopped the e-mail but the people in the warehouse thinking they already correctly fufilled the order, shipped. 

xthebillx

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:45:42 AM »
I was notified by someone here that their pre-order was "in stock - sent to warehouse". I never received an email from B&H. Only after I checked my account on their site, which had the same status, did I learn my body was en route as well.
I called to upgrade shipping to overnight, and only then did I receive an email indicating my order was on its way.

B&H typically has stellar customer service & email communication. I'm wondering if it's the "pre-order" thing that isn't jiving with their system.

Advice: check your B&H account order status hourly, if you suspect your body may ship imminently.

wally0206

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 11:49:26 AM »
Yeah i should have check the web site as well even after i canceled, i have check my bank account every day to like i normally do to verify charges, and B@H didn't show up untill today when i check as pending. i will admit i do most of my web orders from Newegg, and i am just used to email and sms on orders. so i just i should have been more detailed in checking with B&H to follow thru.

GeorgieGirl

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »
I have to suggest here that anyone who has ever done biz with B&H knows this is an Mark III thing/ Mark III shipping this is an anomaly.   

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 11:53:09 AM »