December 10, 2017, 11:04:40 PM

Author Topic: EOS 7D Mark III Coming in March 2018 [CR1]  (Read 17289 times)

raptor3x

• EOS 7D Mark II
Re: EOS 7D Mark III Coming in March 2018 [CR1]
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 08:17:23 PM »
I can't see them putting C-Log in it and not the 1DX MkII, and if that got a firmware C-Log upgrade it messes wth the Cinema line. Not that I care as video is of zero interest to me personally, as is a 7D MkIII.

You could say the same about the 5D4 though and yet that have C-Log now.
Bodies: X-T1, E-M1, E-M1ii, Pen-F Lenses:  µ.Z 7-14 2.8, µ.Z 12-40 2.8, µ.Z 17 1.8, µ.Z 25 1.2, X 18-55 2.8-4, µ.Z 40-150 2.8, µ.Z 60 2.8, µ.Z 75 1.8, Z 150 2.0, µ.Z 300 4.0

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 08:17:23 PM »

zim

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »
Sounds to me like the video doesn't add to the cost argument could be flying out the window  :(
The price is going to be very interesting if all the 4k c-log talk turns out true

Lee Jay

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 08:44:37 PM »
I’m not stoked. Losing all interest in APS-C.  Full frame is in my future.  😤

I went the other way - from full-frame to 7DII.

If they lose the AA filter, I'll likely lose interest.

The only time I need more DR is at high ISO.

Digital zoom (windowning) while shooting video would be helpful to me.  Of course, if it's 4k, you'd be limited to 1.4-1.5x or so, but at 1080p, 2.8-3x is a really big deal.

privatebydesign

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • Would you take advice from a cartoons stuffed toy?
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 08:47:32 PM »
I can't see them putting C-Log in it and not the 1DX MkII, and if that got a firmware C-Log upgrade it messes wth the Cinema line. Not that I care as video is of zero interest to me personally, as is a 7D MkIII.

You could say the same about the 5D4 though and yet that have C-Log now.

But what happens when it needs a firmware upgrade? All C-Log enabled 5D MkIV's have to go to Canon for a firmware change, can you see them doing that for a much higher volume 7D MkIII?
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

gsealy

• EOS 80D
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 08:49:01 PM »
We'll see what the actual 4K feature set is.  The thing is that Panasonic GH5 is just kicking Canon's butt when it comes to 4K specs, video features, and price point.  Next will be Fujifilm as they are rumored to be adding 4K to their GFX50 successor.  IMO Canon is lagging behind when they were formerly a leader. So they are protecting the video camera line. So what?  Meanwhile people are buying the GH5.

LSXPhotog

• EOS M5
    • Kevin DiOssi Photography
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 08:49:15 PM »
This is Canon's first major camera release since the 6D Mark II. I really hope they don't hold dynamic range as a high-end feature of sensors. I use that dynamic range all the time in my sports shots and have really loved the cleaner images produced on my 1DX Mark II versus previous bodies - 7D Mark II included.
- Kevin
1DX Mk II/5D Mk IV/SL2/M5 - 5x Flashpoint XPLOR 600s
Primes: EF 40mm f/2.8| Sigma 50 Art | Canon 85mm f/1.4L | EF 100L Macro | EF 135L | Zooms: EF 16-35 f2.8L III | EF 24-70mm II f/2.8L | EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II | EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II | EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L

Orangutan

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 08:52:46 PM »
Sounds to me like the video doesn't add to the cost argument could be flying out the window  :(
The price is going to be very interesting if all the 4k c-log talk turns out true

No, basic video still won't add cost.  Pro video features might...

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 08:52:46 PM »

Diltiazem

• EOS Rebel T7i
  • Curiosity didn't kill me, yet.
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »
I think the first time sensor technology in Canon DSLR will be BSI.

Etienne

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 09:10:54 PM »
At this point Canon simply can't do anything to make photogs stop switching to Sony. Can it?

Given the actual sales figures we end up seeing I'm sure Canon and it's share holders will be happy to continue the current trajectory of Sony, Nikon and Canon sales in both DSLR's and MILC's. You do know Canon sell more DSLR's and MILC's than Nikon and Sony combined?

That's what RIM said ... remember them, they practically invented the smartphone. Smug and resting on their laurels, they now are mostly dead and utterly irrelevant.

greger

• EOS M5
  • 7D
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 09:15:21 PM »
Wow! Christmas in March :D I expected the 90D in Spring and the 7 Dlll in the fall of 2018.
Canon 7D | EFS 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM - EF 50mm f/1.8 Mark l - EF 100mm f/2.8 IS USM Macro - EF 70-200mm   f/4 L IS USM- EF 100-400    f4.5-5.6 IS USM - 1.4 ll and 2X ll Extenders

privatebydesign

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2017, 09:17:00 PM »
At this point Canon simply can't do anything to make photogs stop switching to Sony. Can it?

Given the actual sales figures we end up seeing I'm sure Canon and it's share holders will be happy to continue the current trajectory of Sony, Nikon and Canon sales in both DSLR's and MILC's. You do know Canon sell more DSLR's and MILC's than Nikon and Sony combined?

That's what RIM said ... remember them, they practically invented the smartphone. Smug and resting on their laurels, they now are mostly dead and utterly irrelevant.

That's what everybody says when the facts are presented. Yet each year/month/week/new release/rumor/thread we are told Canon are dead, each year they post better figures when compared to their competition. I'm not saying they know everything, I am saying they seem to know their market much better than us and the never ending cries of 'they are doomed' sound more like the boy who cried wolf given the year on year in year facts.
Too often we lose sight of the fact that photography is about capturing light, if we have the ability to take control of that light then we grow exponentially as photographers. More often than not the image is not about lens speed, sensor size, DR, MP's or AF, it is about the light.

Etienne

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2017, 09:38:48 PM »

That's what everybody says when the facts are presented. Yet each year/month/week/new release/rumor/thread we are told Canon are dead, each year they post better figures when compared to their competition. I'm not saying they know everything, I am saying they seem to know their market much better than us and the never ending cries of 'they are doomed' sound more like the boy who cried wolf given the year on year in year facts.

That's exactly what everyone said about RIM for almost 10 years!

Etienne

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2017, 09:40:40 PM »

PS ... in every industry, the future belongs to the bold and aggressive, and right now that looks like Sony.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2017, 09:40:40 PM »

unfocused

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • Mark Gordon Communications
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2017, 09:51:45 PM »
We’ve had two people write in telling us that the EOS 7D Mark III is currently scheduled to be announced in March of 2018.</p>

<p>One of the sources also mentioned “first time sensor technology in a Canon DSLR”. We’re not sure what that is, but it sounds like some marketing speak for the moment.</p>

That first time Canon DSLR sensor tech may just be IBIS. Wouldn’t that be good!

-pw

It isn't going to happen. For better or worse Canon went the lens stabilization route, and they have said many times they see IS per lens a better solution than IBIS.

Exactly.

privatebydesign

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »

RIM/Blackberry sold phones competitively for ten odd years, 2002 to 2012 if you are generous, Canon have been making cameras competitively for 80 years. As I said, I don't know what they know, but I do know they know more than me and I expect you.

PS ... in every industry, the future belongs to the bold and aggressive, and right now that looks like Sony.

That is simply not true, Sony have been bold and aggressive in many fields and retreated and stopped mid stride. Sony have dominated areas of tech in which they are now either gone or also rans. Bold and aggressive has led to failure on many many occasions. Sony are losing market share to Canon on MILC sales, how does that square with your comments?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2017, 09:55:26 PM »