February 20, 2018, 09:05:23 PM

Author Topic: UPDATED (CONFIRMED FAKE): Lots of Questions About the Alleged PowerShot G7 X Mark III Images  (Read 3706 times)

ashmadux

• EOS 6D Mark II
  • Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
    • Edward Ofori Photography
I was wondering how long it would take you guys to notice that the images are 'shopped.

While its very good, one can see that the lettering and the perfect cut of the shape (pic 1 for both) just dont look real.

The back shots are done well enough that It could be a 3d model- super well done. However back to the front, just look at the canon logo....suttin ain right :P

Ah well, let's see if canon show anything we actually would care about in March.
Be the best you, screw everything else.

canon rumors FORUM

Photorex

• EOS Rebel T7i
I hope, CR will learn from this posting of the faked "photo" and scrutinize future leaked Photos" in advance before posting them.

It was within the first page of the thread when people showed clearly why this photo was a fake. I guess it should be possible for CR to do the same observations before posting. Maybe it will last one day longer until the leaked photo will be shown when verified as not being a fake. So what?

Also I wouldn't leave the picture any longer on the site even if there is a remark showing it is a fake. the person/organisation behind the photo don't need to be honored this way.

regards
Frank

goldenhusky

• EOS Rebel T7i
Photo Rumors or anyone else that believed or wanted to believe that these photos were real. It is the best faked image we may have ever seen.
I am sorry to say that is not true and you guys completely missed the obvious on this one, either you really missed it or put it out their as click bait. See I am also responding to this. you are getting more and more clicks huh?

stevelee

• EOS 6D Mark II
I'm really disappointed. Only 4K in this day and age? I won't bother to upgrade unless it has 8K video.

AvTvM

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
as long as "fake" photos show brilliant designs, much better than "regular genuine Canon products" I dont mind at all seeing them. Hopefully Canon sees them as well and takes some cues from them.

angrykarl

• PowerShot G1 X II
  • Amateur enthusiast
    • Flickr
as long as "fake" photos show brilliant designs, much better than "regular genuine Canon products" I dont mind at all seeing them. Hopefully Canon sees them as well and takes some cues from them.

It's not brilliant, it's just more rounded with less information displayed (and sure, that may feel modern nowadays).

Canon is trying to be consistent in user experience across all camera models and in longer time span. Which means the User Interface, fonts, buttons and icons are similar everywhere and you can orientate immediately. Now can you imagine those icons and buttons on 1DX or 5D? Probably not, it would feel like a toy.
EOS M5

rrcphoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II

I hope they don't.  that would dumb down the user ergonomics down to a G9X level of usability, and possibly even further.

Even an EOS-M or G9X has more direct user input than that camera did.

canon rumors FORUM

Breccia

• PowerShot SX60 HS
    • Riccardo's portfolio
Here I am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_1orUM-Te4&t=494s
I hope you had fun
Ask me anything about the design  ;)

canon rumors FORUM