February 25, 2018, 01:12:35 PM

Author Topic: Is This The Man Behind the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III Hoax?  (Read 3234 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • Canon Rumors
Is This The Man Behind the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III Hoax?
« on: January 25, 2018, 09:58:51 AM »
I think we’ve found the man responsible for the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III hoax from last week. He’s an Itallian vlogger named Breccia and he has a history of this sort of thing. He was behind the Google Ultra Pixel hoax in September as well as a PS4 Slim hoax before that.

If you check out the rear shots of the PowerShot G7 X Mark III images, you’ll see his name in the top left corner of the LCD.

You check out Breccia on YouTube telling us to search Google for the Canon G7 X Mark III and “text me in the comment if you find something… suspicious.”

Apparently he does these sorts of things to try and secure some sort of design work or perhaps increase those YouTube followers.

All of this rumor business is supposed to be fun, and after all the comments I received about the renders, I think a lot of fun and excitement was had, even if it didn’t last long. We’re not at all sour towards Breccia, we just wish the camera was actually real. It was a well done hoax that fooled some of us for a time and will actually make us look closer at leaked images in the future.

Thanks Riky

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 10:09:42 AM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Is This The Man Behind the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III Hoax?
« on: January 25, 2018, 09:58:51 AM »

slclick

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • I do not own the lens listed above
Re: Is This The Man Behind the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III Hoax
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 10:01:47 AM »
He should be beaten to a pulp with an iPhone 2
soul stealing magic boxes and black tubes

IglooEater

• EOS 5DS R
Re: Is This The Man Behind the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III Hoax?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 12:03:54 PM »
LOL! I was kinda mad at him to begin with, but he’s got the belt to put his face on it and actually sneak in clues!  It should teach us all to be more careful in our analysis of anything on the web :)

crashpc

• EOS 80D
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 12:33:58 PM »
Looked fake from get go...

LDS

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 01:44:21 PM »
As long as Canon doesn't go after him for trademarks infringement or the like....

hachu21

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 02:35:10 PM »

scotsman

• PowerShot SX60 HS
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »
Told you so!

There is an element of disappointment, however, as superficially it looked a really nice design. Too far removed from the house style of Canon however. It resembled the clean lines one would expect from a European company like Leica or Rollei. Oh well, back to waiting for the next G7X. If anyone from Canon is watching, could you please incorporate a pop-up EVR, thanks.
6D, 500D, S110, A1, 50 1.8, 17-40L, 24-105L, 70-300L

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 06:53:17 PM »

AvTvM

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 05:37:27 AM »
I'd love this guy to design Canon cameras ... instead of the Canon design team members responsible for those incredibly ugly, hunchbacked designs of some recent Powershots [especially G5 X].

Breccia ftw!  8)

LDS

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 06:22:47 AM »
I'd love this guy to design Canon cameras ... instead of the Canon design team members responsible for those incredibly ugly, hunchbacked designs of some recent Powershots [especially G5 X].

It's far easier to design a camera when you can care only about the shell, and you have no constraints given by all that hardware inside, lens size, movements, cooling, pressing, moulding and assembly lines needs etc. etc.

AvTvM

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 06:41:58 AM »

It's far easier to design a camera when you can care only about the shell, and you have no constraints given by all that hardware inside, lens size, movements, cooling, pressing, moulding and assembly lines needs etc. etc.

true. and it does not have a viewfinder. But still ...  ;D

THIS is truly FUGLY as hell:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-g5x/canon-g5xA.HTM
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:46:44 AM by AvTvM »

Mikehit

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 08:25:55 AM »

true. and it does not have a viewfinder. But still ...  ;D

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-g5x/canon-g5xA.HTM

Ah, the warthog of cameras - so ugly it has some sort of charm.

LDS

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 08:43:23 AM »

I do prefer ergonomics and functionality over pure design look. The G5X doesn't look ugly to me. It' a "busy" design, but it has a lot of physical controls too.

Anyway (it could apply to cameras too...)

http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-12-25
http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-12-27
http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-12-28

I do not like when the pursue of a stylish design for the sake of it hinders functionality. I don't need to show off with a camera. I need it to take good images without fighting with it.

BeenThere

• EOS 7D Mark II
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 09:38:47 AM »
 I am more interested in ergonomic functionality and imaging performance than style. But for my sports car, style trumps.  🚙
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 09:41:44 AM by BeenThere »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 09:38:47 AM »

AvTvM

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 09:42:28 AM »
i will never understand the desire for a dedicated EV +/- dial on top of a camera .. when any decent Canon EOS [with big rear wheel] provides immediate access to exposure comp ... to me a totally unnecessary doubling up of physical control points. 

Not to mention other "follies" like those "retro Fuji or Nikon Df style" control layouts with single-purpose dedicated wheels for anything ... instead of digital-age, context-sensitive [Av, Tv, M] front and rear dials + fully user programmable interface.  the former made sense ... back in the days of mechanical cameras and film. the latter is a much better UI for digital cameras.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 09:47:23 AM »
i will never understand the desire for a dedicated EV +/- dial on top of a camera ..

It's ok that you don't understand.  Canon does, and I find the EC dial on top of my M6 quite handy.
EOS 1D X, EOS M6, lots of lenses

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 09:47:23 AM »