February 24, 2018, 09:24:51 AM

Author Topic: FedEx is Now B&H Photo's New Primary Customer Delivery Partner  (Read 2713 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • Canon Rumors
FedEx is Now B&H Photo's New Primary Customer Delivery Partner
« on: February 13, 2018, 11:53:42 AM »
From B&H Photo:

Effective Immediately:

FedEx is now B&H’s new primary customer delivery partner.

After many years with UPS, we decided that FedEx is the best-positioned carrier to provide the highest level of service possible for our customers. As everyone knows, customer experience is paramount at B&H.  Delivery service has been a major challenge, and we believe we can do better in shipping.  We will continue to ship via UPS, USPS, and others, but FedEx is now our primary carrier.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:27:49 PM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

FedEx is Now B&H Photo's New Primary Customer Delivery Partner
« on: February 13, 2018, 11:53:42 AM »

YuengLinger

• EOS-1D X Mark II
Re: FedEx is Now B&H Photo's New Primary Customer Delivery Partner
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 12:56:31 PM »
Not happy-- especially about the lack of return choices.

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 01:17:29 PM »
I had a return issued over the weekend via Fedex, that surprised me, but it makes no difference, Fedex and UPS are across the street from each other.

As far as items that could be sent by mail, the post office is much faster than the Fedex or UPS hybrid ground / mail solutions that take 2 weeks more or less to arrive.

snappy604

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 01:56:30 PM »
UPS is a complete rip off for international, so not unhappy to see them go. But I've had bad recent experiences with both UPS and Fedex. Wish regular post (even if it takes a bit longer) was an option.

JRPhotos

• Canon Guy
  • EOS Rebel T7i
  • 5D4, 24-105LII, 70-300L, 35 1.4II, 85L 1.2II, 100L
    • J&R Ogden Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »
That's too bad, I have a UPS center right down the road from my office... I'll just have to have them deliver right to my office now.

YuengLinger

• EOS-1D X Mark II
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 02:05:31 PM »
I've gotten more torn packages, and black, grimy packages from FedEx.  But more crushed packages from UPS.

Amazon seems to be off UPS too.

Maybe UPS too burdened by union?

markphoto

• PowerShot G1 X II
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 02:18:46 PM »
AWESOME!
5d3 | 85 1.4 | 24 - 70L II | 8-15L | 100L | 70-200L II | MP-E 65 | 40 Pancake

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 02:18:46 PM »

KeithBreazeal

• EOS 5DS R
    • Keith Breazeal Photography
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 02:55:48 PM »
I'll need to get my favorite UPS delivery person a going away present.
Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 5DS, 5D Mark III, Canon M5, 7D, SL-1, Canon 300L 2.8, 100-400L IS, 70-200L IS, 24-105L, 10-22mm, Rokinon 14mm 2.8, Tokina 16-28 f2.8

IglooEater

• EOS 5DS R
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 03:41:50 PM »
UPS is a complete rip off for international, so not unhappy to see them go.

I agree.  UPS charges like 50$ brokerage for even a few dollars duty.  Asides from BH, (bh has a1$ brokerage fee, the lowest I’ve found.) if the seller doesn’t have an alternative to ups, I buy somewhere else, period.

Otoh dealing with B&H shipping has been a pleasure in spite of ups.

Click

• Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 03:54:13 PM »

+1

FramerMCB

• EOS M5
  • Canon 40D & 7D
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 04:06:04 PM »
I've gotten more torn packages, and black, grimy packages from FedEx.  But more crushed packages from UPS.

Amazon seems to be off UPS too.

Maybe UPS too burdened by union?

Heard by me on the radio this morning on my way to work: Amazon is getting into the shipping business now too. Their first test market is going to be in California, the LA area I believe.
The worst picture ever is the one not taken: so shoot, shoot, shoot! Know your equipment first however to avoid as much as possible, bad photos. ;-)

Shooting with a Canon 40D & 7D, w/70-200mm f2.8L IS I, EF 24-85mm f4.0-5.6USM, Vivitar Series I 400mm f5.6 Olympus mount w/Fotodiox converter.

RGF

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 05:33:44 PM »

+1
+10000

UPS has been terrible service, not always but when things go wrong they go really badly.

I have had many fewer problems with fedex and am willing to pay extra for Fedex.  That is how much i dislike dealing with the problems at UPS.  When I go to the UPS pickup, that act as if they are doing me a favor.

UPS (and FedEx) drivers are great.  It is the UPS organization that I find difficult.

CVP

• PowerShot SX60 HS
    • Chris Valle Photography
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 06:59:54 PM »
Amazon has indeed been using 'in house' logistics, but I didn't know it was just here.  I, amongst many others, have been vocal about the shortcomings of OnTrac and Dynamex as 3rd-Party carriers, so I hope Amazon realizes lower costs and higher customer satisfaction.  So far, the experiment has been a success for me.
[/quote]

Heard by me on the radio this morning on my way to work: Amazon is getting into the shipping business now too. Their first test market is going to be in California, the LA area I believe.
[/quote]

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 06:59:54 PM »

goldenhusky

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 07:48:04 PM »
Depends on experience different people will have different opinion on this. To me I hate to see FedEX becoming the primary carrier because of my experience with a dumbass driver. When I was dealing with the issues I had with this driver, I figured out FedEx Home and FedEx ground are not FedEx employees but contractors and sometimes drivers are sub contractors to another company. Sure they have trucks painted with FedEx logo but that's what FedEx demands contractors to do. FedEx Express drivers are FedEx' own employees. There is a huge difference in terms of customer service when it comes to a company' own employees Vs another sub contractor doing the job. Obviously this depends heavily on that particular individual. I personally like the UPS' model on this simply because I believe a company will have more control over one of their employees Vs the control they have over a contractor and sub-contractor.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:58:02 PM by goldenhusky »

mpphoto

• EOS Rebel 300D
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 09:56:34 PM »
I'm slightly annoyed by this change. For me, UPS has been reliable. One driver, same time every day. I cringe when I see a retailer using FedEx because I don't know if they're using FedEx Ground or FedEx Home until the item ships. FedEx Ground and FedEx Express won't try to deliver to my office building on a Saturday. On the other hand, FedEx Home will try to deliver on a Saturday, find the office closed, and they have done two things. Once, they left the box in an unsecured lobby. The other times, they took the box back to their depot and reattempted delivery on Tuesday. Not Monday, the next business day. Besides the unpredictability of FedEx Home, I haven't had issues with FedEx.

One potentially good thing about B&H's change to FedEx could be the availability of FedEx's Hold at Location option in checkout. NewEgg has it built into their checkout system, where you can choose to have the package delivered to a FedEx Office store. I hope B&H will offer this, but I don't know if they will.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 09:56:34 PM »