June 24, 2018, 01:57:49 AM

Author Topic: Here is Everything That Canon is Announcing Early Next Week  (Read 6370 times)

Sharlin

• EOS 5D Mark IV
Re: Here is Everything That Canon is Announcing Early Next Week
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 07:23:20 AM »
Canon EOS Rebel T7 / EOS 2000D / KISS X90

Nokishita reports yet another name for this, the EOS 1500D. Interesting.

Canon EOS Rebel T100 / EOS Rebel 4000D / EOS 3000D in China / Unknown in Japan

So 4000D and 3000D are different names for the same thing. Maybe due to the Chinese superstition thing? But why not name it 3000D everywhere then? Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't offered in Japan at all.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 07:23:20 AM »

Talys

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • Canon 6DII
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »
This just in:  That sweet chart Keith @ NorthLight made has delivered triplets. 

Please welcome three beautiful new lines on a spreadsheet that will never stop growing.  Mother is well.

- A

Great chart update, thanks for sharing :)

hendrik-sg

• EOS M5
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 02:17:52 PM »
there is no reason to migrate the lower segments to M-Mound and there is no reason to not do it. Al Variants are already aavailable and deliver similar performance.

A entry level SLR with 18-55, a APSC mirrorless with similar lens or a G7x with smaller sensor and brighter lens give the same in a different form factor.

We do not know, what the 3 wariants cost for manufacturing, but fact is, the SLR is sold the cheapest, he others are sold with a premium as "chic" ore"higher end".

But the assumption, that all camera segments are unevitably moved to Mirrorless starting with the lower segments does not get more true by repeting it frequently. We just do not know what will be the future. But what is a fact, the smaller and lower end mirrorless cameras were replaced by smartphones with even smaller cameras, with not so bad performance. it seems that the customers were ready to sacrify the zoom for a small size, after years of increasing zoom ranges.

Some years ago, we would have predicted that the zoom ranges in compact cameras would further increase and that people would demand higher IQ in this segment. Now we know better. Soon we know, how the discussion SLR or mirrorles will come out. Maybe the rebels will be replaced by phones with more than 2 cameras, with 10 smartphone cameras simultanously working, a rebel quality combined pic should come out.

keithcooper

• EOS 6D Mark II
    • Northlight Images
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 07:28:29 PM »
This just in:  That sweet chart Keith @ NorthLight made has delivered triplets. 

Please welcome three beautiful new lines on a spreadsheet that will never stop growing.  Mother is well.

- A
Indeed - I've been wondering how many new rows to add - I think at least one for the 4000 and maybe the M50 below the  M5?

The tables like this one are the last remaining bits of hand coded HTML left from the old Northlght site before I rewrote it. I'm sure there are 'better' ways of doing it, but it keeps my html table building skills from fading  ;-)

mitchel

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
  • I grow old, I grow old
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 04:27:08 PM »
Ugh, another nice crop of buggy whips.  Meanwhile, start ups like Arsenal are demonstrating where the future of photography is really headed.  Unless Canon uses its (currently misguided) R&D capabilities to better leverage off of the computer/camera synergy to allow for in-camera multiple imaging / stacking / time-lapsing, etc., especially in RAW format, they will continue their march to irrelevance.  Please, Canon, we already like your hardware;  bring your image sensing/processing into the 21st century...
Mitchel

5d mkiv, 16-35 mk ii, 24-70 mkii, 70-200 mkii, canon 50mm 1.4, canon 100-400 mkii, sigma 85mm, Fuji X-T2 (and a bunch of lenses)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 05:20:20 PM »
Ugh, another nice crop of buggy whips.  Meanwhile, start ups like Arsenal are demonstrating where the future of photography is really headed.  Unless Canon uses its (currently misguided) R&D capabilities to better leverage off of the computer/camera synergy to allow for in-camera multiple imaging / stacking / time-lapsing, etc., especially in RAW format, they will continue their march to irrelevance.  Please, Canon, we already like your hardware;  bring your image sensing/processing into the 21st century...

YAPODFC.   ::) ::) ::)
EOS 1D X, EOS M6, lots of lenses

Orangutan

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 05:38:05 PM »
their march to irrelevance

Canon's march is to the bank, heavily loaded with filthy lucre.  Canon is not your personal "Q," (i.e. maker of fun toys).  They're in business to make money, nothing else.  Same for Nikon, Sony, etc.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 05:38:05 PM »

Hector1970

• EOS 5DS R
    • Flickr
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 05:59:39 PM »
Not much to interest me in that list of announcements.
Cheap DSLR's doesn't seem like a smart move to me but Canon probably know better.
For me its a pity the M50 doesn't do a much faster frame rate.
That's one of the key selling point of mirrorless cameras.
Something like 15 FPS. Then I might be interested to replace a 7DII.
For alot of sport APS-C is fine as a sensor. You can get  a decent image.

Talys

• EOS-1D X Mark II
  • Canon 6DII
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2018, 03:07:50 PM »
For me its a pity the M50 doesn't do a much faster frame rate.
That's one of the key selling point of mirrorless cameras.
Something like 15 FPS. Then I might be interested to replace a 7DII.

A $740 APSC body that does 24 megapixels at 15 frames per second?

That seems kind of a big/unrealistic ask.  :)

GmwDarkroom

• EOS Rebel T7i
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2018, 03:23:49 PM »
into the 21st century...
18 years on, that expression really lacks any relevance in regards to technology.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2018, 03:23:49 PM »