November 24, 2014, 01:18:03 PM

Author Topic: Question on final assembly and inspection of 60D  (Read 2921 times)

Geezer

Question on final assembly and inspection of 60D
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:34:36 PM »
As soon as I got my 60D, naturally I charged up the battery, slapped on a lens and went out for test shots as soon as possible. I was immediately a bit surprised and disappointed on what I saw through the viewfinder. There were about four or five fairly large pieces of dirt which I found to be lodged between the focus screen and pentaprism. So after finding out how to remove the focus screen (nothing mentioned in the manual) I was able to clear out all the crud with a bottle of compressed air and get back to shooting. I can't see anything nasty in the viewfinder now, thank goodness! And I have taken a very close look at blank white photos taken with the camera and can find no sign of spots.

I have been a Canon SLR user since the days of the 10D and have never run into quality issues like this until now.

I am wondering if anyone else has run into similar experiences (?)
I am also wondering if there might be any more scary surprises lurking in this camera...

canon rumors FORUM

Question on final assembly and inspection of 60D
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:34:36 PM »

Jon Gilchrist

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • Jon Gilchrist Photography
Re: Question on final assembly and inspection of 60D
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »
Mine is clean.  Nothing anywhere that makes me question the product quality.

unexposure

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 03:56:15 AM »
Mine is completely fine, too. But I've heard that before - not only in case of 60d. It's actually a problem each company that is manufacturing something has to deal with. Just 3 month ago, I found a Kids-Wax-Pencil in a bottle of beer...

justicend

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 08:52:36 AM »
I had battery problem, and later charged battery full. And after that it's all fine. No problem of dust till now.

lbloom

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »
Mine came completely clean too. No problems at all as of yet.

scalesusa

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 08:15:43 PM »
Geezer, is the focus screen like the 7D, or is it a standard screen like the other XXD's.  Just curious. 

My 5D MK II also attracts stuff above the focus screen, Its annoying, but eventually, I learned to ignore it, I'd spend all my time cleaning it otherwise.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 08:15:43 PM »