May 23, 2018, 01:46:28 AM

Author Topic: Yongnuo Announces the YONGNUO YN50mm F1.8 II, With Super Bokeh Effect  (Read 3398 times)

Canon Rumors

• Administrator
  • Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • Canon Rumors
Supports USB-free Firmware Upgrade 

Firmware of the lens can be upgraded through camera instead of using USB port, which not only meets the requirements of firmware upgrade and appearance design, but also avoids the incompatibility problems caused by different computer operating systems.(Note: this function needs to be supported by camera)

F1.8 Bright Aperture

Maximum aperture F1.8,bokeh effect is easily achieved ,which brings you more fun during photographing.

New Mechanical Structure, New Coating Technology

YN50mm F1.8 II has all the product advantages of the last generation. By improving the mechanical structure and coating technology, its focus accuracy, auto-focus speed and light transmittance are increased. Furthermore, it can control backlight ghost and glare.

Durable Metal Mount

YN50mm F1.8 II adopts chrome-plated and high-accuracy metal mount. It’s wearable, corrosion-resistant, and highly consistent with the body of the camera.

0.35m Closest Focusing Distance

Compared with the first generation, the closet focusing distance of YN50mm F1.8 II is shortened to 0.35m.You can get closer to the object for photography and enlarge the object.

Focus Modes: Auto Focus (AF) and Manual Focus (MF)

YN50mm F1.8 II supports auto focus and manual focus. The focus mode can be selected according to practical requirement.

Focus Distance Indicator is convenient for you to estimate the distance and the depth of field.

YN50mm F1.8 II has 7pcs of aperture blades, which helps to take picture of circular defocused spots or helps to stop down and take picture of 14-star effect.

You can purchase the YONGNUO YN50mm F1.8 II via ebay for $74.99.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:00:54 AM by Canon Rumors »
canonrumors.com

canon rumors FORUM

Hector1970

• EOS 5DS R
    • Flickr
I wonder how super the bokeh is.
Yongnue I've been happy with their flashes.
Not really in the market for this but its interesting

slclick

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
EF 50 1.8 STM clone?
EOS 5D3, EOS M5 and no room left in the 1510.

Groundhog

• PowerShot G7 X Mark II
EF 50 1.8 STM clone?

There is no info about the AF motor used, but I don't think it will be STM-like, since they would use the silend focussing to market the lens.
From what I can tell it is a Mark II with more aperture-blades and a shorter min. focussing distance, as well as different markings on the outside.

jolyonralph

• EOS 5D Mark IV
    • Every Other Shot
I wonder how super the bokeh is.

Seeing as it's identical to the older Yongnuo 50mm lens except for new coatings and new electronics and a very important red ring I imagine the "bokeh effect" to be pretty much identical to the previous one.

The older Yongnuo lens is clearly better than the Canon 50mm 1.8 II (I own both). The seven bladed aperture makes a huge difference.

See: https://petapixel.com/2014/12/27/comparing-optics-40-yongnuo-50mm-f1-8-125-canon-50mm-f1-8-ii/

I haven't compared it to the Canon STM because I haven't tried that one, but I'd imagine the Canon STM is the better lens all round.
Jolyon Ralph

Cameras: 5DSR, A7RII, 5D III, EOS M6/M5/M3, Mavic Pro, DXO One.  Oh, and more lenses than I care to count.

the.unkle.george

• PowerShot G1 X II
the closet focusing distance of YN50mm F1.8 II is shortened to 0.35m
So, if closet pictures are your thing, this is the lens for you.  ::)

Even if the quality is just decent, it's nice to see some price pressure on Canon.  Someday we'll get an updated 50mm f/1.4.

bergstrom

• EOS Rebel SL2
I thought i heard somwhere that Yn was just remaking canon lenses whose patent had expired? So they've don 25 f2, 50 1.8, 100 f2 and 85 1/8, and 60mm macro on the way, i'd love them to make a 24 1.4 or 85 1.4 but does anyone know what canon  lenses will have their patents expire next?

canon rumors FORUM

jolyonralph

• EOS 5D Mark IV
    • Every Other Shot
I thought i heard somwhere that Yn was just remaking canon lenses whose patent had expired?

Doesn't make any sense because the optical layout of the Yongnuo lenses is unrelated to the Canon ones.

Their 60mm macro is full-frame, unlike the EF-S 60mm macro!

Jolyon Ralph

Cameras: 5DSR, A7RII, 5D III, EOS M6/M5/M3, Mavic Pro, DXO One.  Oh, and more lenses than I care to count.

vangelismm

• EOS Rebel 300D
I thought i heard somwhere that Yn was just remaking canon lenses whose patent had expired?

Doesn't make any sense because the optical layout of the Yongnuo lenses is unrelated to the Canon ones.

You are talking about the only exception.
All their lenses are canon clones.

mkamelg

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • mkamelg's current gear
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:25:48 PM by mkamelg »

jolyonralph

• EOS 5D Mark IV
    • Every Other Shot

No, they are not.

They are imitations, for sure, but not clones, because the optical formula inside each lens is very different to the Canon original (and, at least in the case of the 50mm, superior!)

Jolyon Ralph

vangelismm

• EOS Rebel 300D

No, they are not.

They are imitations, for sure, but not clones, because the optical formula inside each lens is very different to the Canon original (and, at least in the case of the 50mm, superior!)

Please, dont make me google all formulas for you.

hkenneth

• PowerShot G1 X II

Please, dont make us google all formulas for you.

YN 14MM

Canon 14mm

6D | 16-35 f/4L IS | 28 f/2.8 | 35 f/2 | 50 f/1.8 STM | 100 f/2.8 Macro | Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 | 150-600 f/5-6.3 G2

canon rumors FORUM

mb66energy

• EOS 5DS R
    • My Homepage
These are links to videos posted on YouTube:

First Look at the Yongnuo YN 50 Mark II F1.8 for Canon | 永諾 50MM 二代

Yongnuo YN50 VS YN 50 II F1.8 - 永諾 二代 Quick Comparison

Thanks for the links: The 2nd iteration of Yongnuos lens is very promising in terms of IQ (corner sharpness/resolution), noise of AF motor and (at least for me) a distance scale.
Maybe a good "bridge solution" to the EF 1.4 50mm IS ... if it will ever materialize or a solution of another lens manufacturer.
Most used tools: EOS 200D + EF-S 60mm + 4.0 / 70-200 IS AND/OR EOS 5D i  + 4.0 70-200 IS + 2.8 100 Macro

CanonFanBoy

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • I like cheap wine and even cheaper women.
Someday we'll get an updated 50mm f/1.4.

Never gonna happen.
5D Mark III, Canon EF 24-70 F/2.8L II, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 35 f/1.4L II, 135 f/2L, Streaklight 360ws, Flashpoint XPLOR 600PRO, 26x m42 screw mount lenses adapted to my DSLR. Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II, Olympus M. Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro

canon rumors FORUM