April 23, 2014, 04:38:54 PM

Author Topic: If there's no 5D3 Friday...  (Read 3124 times)

kidnaper

  • Rebel T5i
  • ****
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« on: February 28, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »
Will you still buy something? What I mean by that, I currently have about 2,400 set aside for the new camera and should be able to fully pay it off sometime in April but if there is no Full Frame camera announced I'm thinking I'll pick up the 34L and start building back up my camera fund.
I don't need a new body, and I've been planning to go FF for quite some time now but the nerd in me won't let me get a nearly 4 year old camera with the new one being so close.

So, if there's no 5D3 this week what, if anything, will you pick up to appease your burning pockets?
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

canon rumors FORUM

If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« on: February 28, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »

Otter

  • Guest
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
I will keep on waiting for the release and price as my "empty" pockets will hold out for the release and the price.  I've waited this long, might as well tough it out.

WoodysGamertag

  • Guest
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 04:53:52 PM »
No. I've been waiting for the new 5D and I'm also interested in their next video camera. Aside from that, it's hard to part me with my money at the moment.

Axilrod

  • 1D X
  • *******
  • Posts: 1363
    • View Profile
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »
No offense, but this is the type of logic that gets people in debt.  You said you set the money aside for a camera and you're still a little short, so I'd just keep saving.  I'm not buying anything else, because I'm sure I'd regret it if the 5DIII was released next week. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:56:39 PM by Axilrod »
5DIII/5DII/Bunch of L's and ZE's, currently rearranging.

SomeGuyInNewJersey

  • Guest
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 05:02:57 PM »
I am kinda considering buying a 5d2 (if that rumored price drop kicks in) and the 8-15mm fisheye instead of a 5d3 body. The I can wait less anxious about it because I will have a full frame camera and a freaky bulbous looking lens that I will definitely be able to take away this summer while I wait and see what the image quality, resolution and dr are like on the 5d3, 5dx or D800e.

Lets face it people... even if its announced friday its going to still be a long time until you get to start clicking the shutter on it...

Of course if I drop another $1300 on Canon glass then the chances of a Nikon switch (not an angry I hate Canon switch... I'm not ranting... I just have no brand loyalty :) ) get even more remote. A 5d2 might be able to keep me happy until next year when hopefully there will be a 5d with 22mp and good iso and a 5d or other megapixel monster for me to decide between... a decision that could be based on facts, reviews, images, real prices and cameras that are actually in stock...

Ah screw it... who am I kidding... I'm probably gonna be preordering a 5d3 :)

jcns

  • Canon AE-1
  • ***
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »
I would keep saving it so that when it comes out you can pay cash.
I think it'll cost $3299 in the US

Daniel Flather

  • 1D Mark IV
  • ******
  • Posts: 839
    • View Profile
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 05:04:21 PM »
I've been waiting so long I spent the original 5d3 funds on a new roof for the house AND the 8-15L, and still had funds left over —I over saved.  I'm back to full again too.
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100 macro | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

canon rumors FORUM

Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 05:04:21 PM »

jalbfb

  • Rebel T5i
  • ****
  • Posts: 159
    • View Profile
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 05:09:22 PM »
I'll just wait some more.  :( I've still got my 5DII-so it really won't be any different than it was a week ago before all this came down.
Happy owner of the 5D Mark III, 24-105 f/4L and other L lenses

kidnaper

  • Rebel T5i
  • ****
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 05:13:22 PM »
No offense, but this is the type of logic that gets people in debt.  You said you set the money aside for a camera and you're still a little short, so I'd just keep saving.  I'm not buying anything else, because I'm sure I'd regret it if the 5DIII was released next week.

No offense taken. The money I have set aside isn't my "camera fund" as much as it's my "gear fund." It's money that's going to get spent on camera gear one way or another. And the money to go towards the 5D that I don't have yet would be from selling my 50D, and another venture that will pay off in April. All the money I have directed is completely disposable income. That said, I probably will end up waiting for the next 5D, it's just all this anticipation has me wanting to shoot with something new.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

Kernuak

  • 1D X
  • *******
  • Posts: 1108
    • View Profile
    • Avalon Light Photoart
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 05:14:10 PM »
While it would be nice to get improved ISO/noise, I'm not planning on a pre-order, I think I'll wait for it to come down in price. Besides, the 70-200 f/2.8 MkII is a higher priority, I already have my 100-400 up for sale (I'm hoping to be able to sell it without eBay, to avoid any potential hassle).
Canon 5D MkIII, 7D, 300mm L IS f/2.8 and a few other L's

awinphoto

  • 1D X
  • *******
  • Posts: 1944
    • View Profile
    • AW Photography
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 05:35:39 PM »
I've been waiting so long I spent the original 5d3 funds on a new roof for the house AND the 8-15L, and still had funds left over —I over saved.  I'm back to full again too.

I had the money sitting around but was afraid it wouldn't be when I needed it so I plunked it down on the 5d2... Now thankfully it wont be more than 6 months old when the 5d3 comes so I should be able to unload it without too much of a loss...  While I may not pre-order, I will definately get it within the first 3 months when I can guarantee I wont have to wait an unknown time for shipments. 
Canon 5d III, Canon 24-105L, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200 F4L, Canon 100L 2.8, 430EX 2's and a lot of bumps along the road to get to where I am.

D_Rochat

  • Guest
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 05:56:10 PM »
I just hope it's out by September when I plan on making a new purchase. This body is worth the wait for me..... that is if it turns out to be what we all think it is.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:08:44 PM by D_Rochat »

takoman46

  • Guest
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »
If there is no 5D3 on friday... which I really hope there is...  ;D
 I wouldn't spend the allocated funds for anything else because the 5D3 is bound to be released sometime in the very near future if not on friday.  I do really want to pick up the 14mm f/2.8L II but it can wait until I secure a 5D3.  If you choose to satisfy your need to buy something now, you will likely regret it in the future when the item you really want becomes available and you have already spent the money on something less rewarding.  Just my $0.02 in buyers rationale.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »

KeithR

  • Guest
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »
No offense, but this is the type of logic that gets people in debt.
And - possibly more important - is what causes buyer's remorse and general disgruntlement about what they do buy, when they realise that they really should have waited...

kidnaper

  • Rebel T5i
  • ****
  • Posts: 128
    • View Profile
Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »
If there is no 5D3 on friday... which I really hope there is...  ;D
 I wouldn't spend the allocated funds for anything else because the 5D3 is bound to be released sometime in the very near future if not on friday.  I do really want to pick up the 14mm f/2.8L II but it can wait until I secure a 5D3.  If you choose to satisfy your need to buy something now, you will likely regret it in the future when the item you really want becomes available and you have already spent the money on something less rewarding.  Just my $0.02 in buyers rationale.
I agree that it's bound to come out soon and that makes the decision a bit rough, I don't think I'd regret buying a lens though, as I was going to buy it with the 5D3 until the 3500 price got pretty solid. Time will tell...

No offense, but this is the type of logic that gets people in debt.
And - possibly more important - is what causes buyer's remorse and general disgruntlement about what they do buy, when they realise that they really should have waited...
I agree that buyers remorse comes when you decide you can't get something so you just go and spend your money, but when you move from number 1 to number 2 on the "to buy" list I don't think it's quite as bad. But you're all right, I've waited on a 5D for a little over a year, I may as well just hunker down and keep saving. Maybe I'll be able to afford the camera and a lens together when it's finally available.
5DIII 8-200mm minus 35mm in there.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: If there's no 5D3 Friday...
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 06:20:37 PM »