December 18, 2014, 08:42:28 PM

Author Topic: 5DIII pre-order thread  (Read 117610 times)

jmlang

Re: 5DIII pre-order thread
« Reply #465 on: March 21, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »
I just canceled my order with B+H as I found a local camera store in southern CT that had them.  They have a couple of kits and bodies available.  PM me if you want the contact info.  I promised the sales guy that I would not post it on the internet and have a wave of eager camera buyers crush his phone.  Thanks!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #465 on: March 21, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »

bobkeenan

Re: 5DIII pre-order thread......B&H
« Reply #466 on: March 21, 2012, 01:31:24 PM »
Called B&H just now.  Although I got preorder confirmation at 1035 PM 1 March.  I was not one of the lucky ones to get one from the first batch.  He felt certain that I would have it by mid-April.....

I gagged on that one.  So he explained further that they are getting shipments every other day and that I should call back on Monday if I had not heard from them by then.

He said that they had 5000 preorders (for the body only)

I am checking other local shops now.....

albuht813

• SX60 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 21, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »
Ordered mine from ephotocraft.com just in time and they split the kit since I don't need the lens...should be here tomorrow!  It's always great to find another online store that has free shipping and no tax.

I'm going to cancel my BH order as soon as I get a tracking number.  I ordered from BH on 3/2/12 at 11:30am.

Good luck to everyone finding a camera this week.

XanuFoto

« Reply #468 on: March 21, 2012, 01:42:04 PM »
And people were complaining that Canon priced this thing too high. They are probably producing more then the Nikon and still cannot serve all orders on time. Don't expect a price drop for a while now.

Makaveli6103

« Reply #469 on: March 21, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »
Damn Nebraska Furniture Mart on Omaha has body only is stock.  I really do not want to pay tax but have no idea when Amazon is going to ship them.  Decisions...

Arkarch

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • Karl Buiter Photography
« Reply #470 on: March 21, 2012, 01:43:21 PM »
Just got off the phone with Adorama - to upgrade my shipping.

The CS did confirm (by voice) a few times that my 5DmIII will ship today.

My order time was 12:41am Eastern 3/2

I'll update later when I get a tracking #
Landscape ( http://www.buiterphotography.com )
Motorsports ( http://www.buitermotorsports.com )
5DIII, 7D, EF 300/2.8 II IS USM, ZE 21/2.8, ZE 50/2 ZE 100/2, TS-E 24/3.5, EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS USM II, EF 24-105 IS f/4, TC 1.4 III, TC 2.0 III

martydo

« Reply #471 on: March 21, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
I just ordered the kit from Norman camera. No sales tax to Virginia! He has more available- ask for Andy.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #471 on: March 21, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »

XanuFoto

« Reply #472 on: March 21, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »
B&H will get their quota. Canon will not let them down. They move alot of Canon product.

martydo

« Reply #473 on: March 21, 2012, 01:56:54 PM »
The logistics of receiving and then shipping out thousands of cameras would take many many days..if BH really did get 5000 preorders....

Bosman

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Bosman Photography
« Reply #474 on: March 21, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »
I just ordered the kit from Norman camera. No sales tax to Virginia! He has more available- ask for Andy.
Great! Glad you took my advice!
Bosman Photography www.bosmanphotography.com, Fast Photo Pro www.fastphotopro.com
Follow Bosman Photography on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Bosman.Photography
Sports Photography  Follow Fast Photo Pro on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Fast.Photo.Pr

Live Refocused

« Reply #475 on: March 21, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »
I've used BH live chat twice in the past two days. At 1:45ET, the CSR said they still didn't know when the first batch was going to arrive. He towed the usual party line, but he did indicate that what he's being told is that BH isn't telling their customers anything because Canon isn't telling them anything - a direct effort to point blame away from BH.

Now, I find it hard to fathom (and I told him so) that Canon hasn't shared information with BH. It may be withheld from their CSRs, but the idea that they don't have an alliance partner with whom they stay in close contact during Canon's biggest launch of the year is beyond belief.

Whatever. It gets here when it gets here I guess. I was just hoping to shoot with it this weekend. Given that my order went through at 12:12AM ET, I still stand a good chance, but who knows. Certainly not CSRs at BH.

nikespex

« Reply #476 on: March 21, 2012, 02:04:52 PM »
I spoke with a B&H rep this morning.  He was very careful to not promise anything, but reading between the lines here is my understanding:

1) sounds like either haven't received their shipment or haven't had a chance to process it
2) the suggestion was that by end of business on Mar 22 they hope to have a better idea about the initial shipment
3) my order confirmation for body-only is timestamped 12:35am EST on Mar 2.  Rep felt there was a good chance I would be in the first shipment (but no guarantees)

Hope this info is helpful.

dmphotopro

« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »
is adorama going to have the bundle kit promo again?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »

avbmenon

« Reply #478 on: March 21, 2012, 02:28:52 PM »
The worst day ever for me !! I almost ordered from ephotocraft (while it was still in stock earlier in the morning around 8 am PST)  and the browser crashed on me only to realize that when I went back, it went out of stock. I know its crazy but I managed to get my pre-order at BH in only 4 days into the announcement and feel had a better chance this morning. Got excited for nothing. Now back to hoping for some update from BH. I know I will get it just not sure how huge pre-orders are everywhere, making me feel concerned. If any of you guys do see a good offer anywhere with no additional tax for body only, please message me. I am gonna be glued to this place today from work. I badly need to rest easy, unwanted nervousness and excitement :)

reking

« Reply #479 on: March 21, 2012, 02:32:04 PM »
It is very interesting to see how many preorders B&H received and how many cancels they are also getting.  I wonder what their actual ratio of completed orders vs. cancelled will be after all is said and done.  It is nice to see the local shops getting a lot of the love and being able to fill orders for people.  They need a break for once!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #479 on: March 21, 2012, 02:32:04 PM »