September 02, 2014, 12:53:21 AM

Author Topic: Visit to Bh Photo video, Held 5dIII it is awesome!  (Read 2033 times)

cpsico

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Visit to Bh Photo video, Held 5dIII it is awesome!
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »
I am in New ork and had to go to Bh photo video, I picked up and tested the new 5d mark III. I own a 1 d mark III and a 5d mark II, the 5d mark III  is the by far the the lightest by feeling in your hand pro camera i have ever held. it is amazing but comes with a learning curve menus are different auto focus is different, but it was fast and responsive. I almost bought on the spot but didnt want to pay tax. I can't wait to buy my own!

canon rumors FORUM

Visit to Bh Photo video, Held 5dIII it is awesome!
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »

V8Beast

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Kim Automotive Photography
Re: Visit to Bh Photo video, Held 5dIII it is awesome!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:59:03 PM »
I was in Manhattan last summer but didn't have time to swing by B&H. I'd like to visit the place where I've spent so much of my money someday :) Did they have any 5DIII bodies in stock, or just the kits?

cpsico

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »
Just kits, I was all ready to buy on the spot for a body only! Autofocus is prograde, not to mention it feels amazing in my hand! Lol even sent the girlfriend to look at something shiny so she wouldn't see the real cost:)

JR

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 08:45:55 PM »
I am trying to convince my wife we should go to New York so I can go to BH.  She does not not get it yet!  I guess I will have to trade this visit for some other fancy shopping she might want to do!  Ouch!
1DX, 24mm f1.4L II, 35mm f1.4L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L II, 135mm f2L, 24-70mm f2.8L II, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II :  D800, D4, and a whole bunch of Nikon lenses

BobSanderson

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 08:53:43 PM »
cpsico did you do that in front of your nice wife? It sounded like you were cheatin'.

JerryKnight

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 09:22:14 PM »
... I own a 1 d mark III and a 5d mark II, the 5d mark III  is the by far the the lightest by feeling in your hand pro camera i have ever held. ...

Of course, it's missing 1/3rd of it's body! :) Can't wait for the grip to be released.

Maybe it's speculative, based on what I imagine the weight with grip will be, but it feels heavier and sturdier than the 5D2. I know the most useless review is "It feels good in the hands" but in this case it is completely true. It feels almost like a Nikon pro body.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:24:20 PM by JerryKnight »

chrysek

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »

Of course, it's missing 1/3rd of it's body! :) Can't wait for the grip to be released.

Maybe it's speculative, based on what I imagine the weight with grip will be, but it feels heavier and sturdier than the 5D2. I know the most useless review is "It feels good in the hands" but in this case it is completely true. It feels almost like a Nikon pro body.

So I asume the old grip from Canon 5D Mark II will not work with this one right? Did anyone try it at least?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 11:09:52 PM »

bigblue1ca

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 11:29:13 PM »
Sounds great! I'm off to NYC this summer for a week and already told my better half were going to B&H.  Luckily she's into photography and is interested in seeing the store as well.  Don't think I'll buy anything too extravagant though, as I don't want to have to pay the state/city tax by buying in the store.

cpsico

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »
lol Bob not married, I have a wonderful long term girlfriend that doesn't always understand the call of a shiny new camera
Yes Jerry the camera feels great in hand with the kit lens, it has the grat feel of a mark III with out the weight

henryp

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »
I am trying to convince my wife we should go to New York so I can go to BH.  She does not not get it yet!  I guess I will have to trade this visit for some other fancy shopping she might want to do!  Ouch!

We're just a couple of blocks from the main Macy's store and we're a short cab ride to Tiffany's on 5th Ave. My guess is she'd prefer the latter but you might find the former more wallet-friendly. :-)

Either way -- come visit.

@bigblue1ca -- You can buy in the store and have your merchandise shipped. If we ship to an address outside NY state we don't add sales tax.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:44:54 PM by henryp »

cpsico

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »

We're just a couple of blocks from the main Macy's store and we're a short cab ride to Tiffany's on 5th Ave. My guess is she'd prefer the latter but you might find the former more wallet-friendly. :-)

Either way -- come visit.

@bigblue1ca -- You can buy in the store and have your merchandise shipped. If we ship to an address outside NY state we don't add sales tax.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video
I wish I knew about that!

cpsico

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 03:21:59 PM »
... I own a 1 d mark III and a 5d mark II, the 5d mark III  is the by far the the lightest by feeling in your hand pro camera i have ever held. ...

Jerry I never liked holding the 5d II as much as the 1d III , even with the extra weight factored in. Everything about the shape and feel is just right, even Goldie locks would be impressed! I did hold a d3s at BH photo and it was impressive

Somnipotent

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »
donno, but if i had to describe the feel of the mk3 in my hands in one word it would have to be sexy.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2012, 04:19:33 PM »