October 23, 2014, 09:53:27 AM

Author Topic: Lost plastic lug on t2i strap... Horrible Canon customer service...  (Read 1353 times)

Policar

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
Canon wants to charge me $30 for a replacement and customer service took about 30 minutes to get me there, sending me back and forth again and again between departments.  All I need is a plastic lug to fix the strap, you think they'd have extras.  Not only that, they no longer stock OEM straps for t2i cameras, said I'd need to buy a more one without even knowing what it will look like.

I have had nothing but terrible experiences with these guys.  Cameras are fine but customer service has been consistently abysmal, every problem I have.  Yes, I'm ranting about a trivial issue but I'm so fed up with Canon's consistently bad service I'm ready to switch brands.  Anyone else had such bad experiences?

canon rumors FORUM

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Lost plastic lug on t2i strap... Horrible Canon customer service...
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 06:33:08 PM »
you could also try ebay... probably pick up something for $2
I know straps can be had for around $10
APS-H Fanboy

bp

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
5D3 - 5D2 - 7D - T2i   | 24L II | 35L | 85L II | 100L | 135L | 24-105L | 70-200 IS II | Shorty Forty | 50 1.4 | Bower 14 | Rokkor 58mm f/1.2 | 2x III

vuilang

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 06:42:29 PM »
Canon wants to charge me $30 for a replacement and customer service took about 30 minutes to get me there, sending me back and forth again and again between departments.  All I need is a plastic lug to fix the strap, you think they'd have extras.  Not only that, they no longer stock OEM straps for t2i cameras, said I'd need to buy a more one without even knowing what it will look like.

I have had nothing but terrible experiences with these guys.  Cameras are fine but customer service has been consistently abysmal, every problem I have.  Yes, I'm ranting about a trivial issue but I'm so fed up with Canon's consistently bad service I'm ready to switch brands.  Anyone else had such bad experiences?
yeah.. Do the Switch.. YOU'll be happy with other company ... LMAOF

mjbehnke

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 06:53:35 PM »
Sent my Rebel XT back about 6 months after I bought it, due to the images looking really weird and showing color strips. Called them and they gave me a return authorization number, sent it and and within 1 week, I had a new Rebel XT, as they determined it was an issue with the sensor. I think it was great service, although it was a few years ago. If you think it's greener on the other side, good luck. From what I hear, Canon has the best service of the big boys.
Gripped Canon 60D \ EF-S 15-85 F3.5-5.6 IS USM \ EF 70-200 F4L IS USM \ 430ex II Speedlite \ Love for photography.

prestonpalmer

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 09:29:22 PM »
Get that part on eBay. $5. Sheesh. If you don't like their customer support Join Canon CPS.  They just took my call with zero hold time at 3:00am. I had a
Overnight prepaid shipping label in my email box within minutes. They guarantee I will have my part back in 3 day or they will send me a free loaner. :). GO CPS!

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:07 PM »
Its not a common practice for any manufacturer to sell the parts of a assembly, be it a camera strap, or a automotive assembly.  Chevy does not sell components for the circuit boards on their car computers, for example, even though you might be able to install it in 30 seconds.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:07 PM »