October 24, 2014, 09:18:05 AM

Author Topic: Shock announcement by Ken Rockwell on his blog - 5D Mark III better than D800?  (Read 6409 times)

EvilTed

"I might have to move the World's Best DSLR crown to the 5D Mark III"

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/00-new-today.htm

You gotta love flip-flopping Ken :)

ET

canon rumors FORUM

K-amps

• 1D X
  • Whatever looks great !
    • View Profile
Flip flop is not a bad thing if you get it right at the end...  ;)
EOS-5D Mk.iii 
Sigma 24-105mm F4 ART; EF 70-200 F/2.8L Mk.II; EF 85mm L F/1.2 Mk. II; EF 100mm L F/2.8 IS Macro, 50mm F/1.8ii;  TC's 2x Mk.iii; 1.4x Mk.iii

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
Why does anyone even still mention that person?
What is truth?

FunPhotons

• Canon 6D
    • View Profile
Why does anyone even still mention that person?

Why does anyone still say "why does anyone still [mention,listen to,talk about] that person"?

lol ... sorry, just poking fun. I find all the KR bashing amusing.

He's become a Fuji X100/XPro1 convert, and makes the fair point that DSLRs are still stuck in the dark ages. True enough, but I have an X100 and spent the weekend with it (didn't bring the 5DmkII on purpose) to see how it did. A thousand shots later and probably half of them are out of focus. As much as the 5DmkII AF sucks, it's lightyears beyond Fuji.

Maybe I should upgrade to the III and get even better AF, and semi-silent mode ...

XanuFoto

I still do not give him much credibility. But he has always loves the C1,C2 settings and he complains the Nikon took them away, plus he complains about the high mega pixels which is the most consistant issue of the Nikon I have heard among working pros.

rocketdesigner

This individual falls into the category of the more you "diss" him, the more publicity you give him, the more he appears on search engines, the more hits on his site you give him, and as a result - the more income you give him.

Maybe it would be best for the CR guy to install a filter to reject any post with the words "Ken" or "Rockwell" lol ;D.

Janco

Then we ken t post no more...  ;D

canon rumors FORUM

smirkypants

Oh crap! Now I have to sell my 5D3!

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
Maybe it would be best for the CR guy to install a filter to reject any post with the words "Ken" or "Rockwell" lol ;D.

7h3 w1££ n3v3r w0r|{
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

EYEONE

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
All that means is that more Canon users complained about his first review.
Canon 5D Mark III w/BG-E11, Canon 7D w/BG-E7: EF 24-70mm f.2.8L, EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II, EF 40mm f2.8 Pancake STM, Speedlite 430EXII + 430EXI, Canon EOS 3

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
Well, he gets free advertising everytime someone posts his name.  Google and the search engines picks it up.  However, it only seems fair to give him some promotion, since he gets so much bashing.

@!ex

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
This line:

When you shoot for a living, you spend as little time in front of a screen as possible, another reason I cannot read eMail.

made my day.

Maybe thats why he has failed to respond to the email I sent him weeks ago.  I'm going to start using this excuse for all my businesses when people complain about me not answering emails (also, how exactly does shooting pictures of your kids on easter qualify for this statement)...  Fuckin KR, you so crazy.

vbi

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
He's become a Fuji X100/XPro1 convert, and makes the fair point that DSLRs are still stuck in the dark ages. True enough, but I have an X100 and spent the weekend with it (didn't bring the 5DmkII on purpose) to see how it did. A thousand shots later and probably half of them are out of focus. As much as the 5DmkII AF sucks, it's lightyears beyond Fuji.

I have a 98% in focus rate on my X100 so I have to disagree.
All politicians are scum
5D3, 5D2, 7D and too many lenses

canon rumors FORUM

Daniel Flather

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile

I have a 98% in focus rate on my X100 so I have to disagree.

I have a 98.01% in focus rate on my 5D3 when it's in focus, so I have to disagree.
| 5D3 | 8-15L | 24L II | 35L | 50L | 85L II | 100/2.8 | 200/2L | EOS M | 22 STM |

vbi

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
I have a 98.01% in focus rate on my 5D3 when it's in focus, so I have to disagree.

Learn to use it properly.
All politicians are scum
5D3, 5D2, 7D and too many lenses

canon rumors FORUM