Rumors > Speedlites, Printers, Accessories

Sto-Fen OmniBounce for 600EX-RT

(1/4) > >>

neuroanatomist:
Got the new Sto-Fen OmniBounce for the 600EX-RT last week (ordered from Adorama, now B&H has them, too).  Fit is very snug - tighter than the ones for the 430EX II. There were early reports that the older one for the 550EX would fit, but I wondered about the gel sensor.  On the one for the 600EX-RT, there's a little notch for the gel sensor. 

The flash with the Sto-Fen mounted is too large for the Canon pouch (barely - the velcro closure still overlaps by a couple of millimeters), but it's a perfect fit in the Lowepro Quick Flex Pouch 75 AW.

dstppy:
You're going to buy every part and accessory you can until they ship you that 1Dx, aren't you? :)

Good writeup as usual Neuro; let us see some shots with/without when you have time.

mrmarks:
Could an omnibounce for the 580ex2 fit the 600ex? Perhaps all it needs is to cut out a notch for the gel sensor?

neuroanatomist:

--- Quote from: mrmarks on May 22, 2012, 10:52:11 AM ---Could an omnibounce for the 580ex2 fit the 600ex? Perhaps all it needs is to cut out a notch for the gel sensor?

--- End quote ---

I don't think so - I believe the shapes are different enough to prevent a fit.

jm345:

--- Quote from: mrmarks on May 22, 2012, 10:52:11 AM ---Could an omnibounce for the 580ex2 fit the 600ex?
--- End quote ---

I don't have the 580EXII Omnibounce with me, but holding the 600EX-RT next to the 580EXII the shape of the two units are different enough that I don't think the hard plastic of the Omnibounce will give enough to fit over the 600.

I am happy though that my Fong Collapsible Lightsphere does fit over the 600EX-RT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version