August 22, 2014, 04:29:50 AM

Author Topic: Canon EOS Rebel T4i First Impression Review  (Read 17155 times)

Razor2012

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
Re: Canon EOS Rebel T4i First Impression Review
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 05:15:36 PM »

Looks funny with the 40mm lens

We NEED to see it on a 1DX.  8)

Blasphemy!

Just think of it as a functional body cap. 8)

Lol that's it, 2 in 1 lens/body cap.
5D MKIII w grip, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 24-70 2.8L II, 16-35 2.8L II, 100 2.8L IS macro, 600EX-RT

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 05:15:36 PM »

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 07:11:39 PM »
Thanks

I think it looks COOL! Chunky yet compact.  8)  And yes, it's by far the best bodycap on the planet.

PW

lopicma

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
    • Google+ Page
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »
WOW!  Thanks for that video.  The more I learn about this camera, the more I want it.  The price seems to be reflecting more about the features than the model line.  Yah, it's a Rebel, but it seems to do about everything a 60D can do.

Have goals, and save, save, save.

gmrza

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 07:34:59 PM »
WOW!  Thanks for that video.  The more I learn about this camera, the more I want it.  The price seems to be reflecting more about the features than the model line.  Yah, it's a Rebel, but it seems to do about everything a 60D can do.

Have goals, and save, save, save.

What would be interesting to find out is how the sensor performs relative to the old 18MP sensor.  Canon has been very silent about the fact that the sensor is new, aside from the fact that it now incorporates phase detect AF capability.  Either Canon doesn't want to draw any attention to the fact that the IQ has not been improved, or Canon doesn't want to draw any attention to IQ improvements for fear of impacting 60D and 7D sales.
Zeiss Ikon Contax II, Sonnar 50mm f/2, Sonnar 135mm f/4

bkorcel

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 10:12:17 PM »
That was kind of my point.  Consumers wont spend this much on new body.  They will either go with the one that's cheaper (and quite capable I might add) or realize that a consumer model is not what they need and jump right to the semi-pro models.

I don't like the price point though.  :(.  But  that's not new to canon.  Ok to do that on the pro line but on consumer models you need to make it affordable for soccer moms.

The upper level Rebels have always been at this price point when they first came out.  In 2008 I paid just about a grand on an XSi with a kit lens and it was worth every penny.  By this fall it will be down to 650 on Amazon for the body and around 750 with the lens, you'll also be able to get a refurbished for a sweet price.

davidlovelin

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 11:25:24 PM »
I don't like the price point though.  :(.  But  that's not new to canon.  Ok to do that on the pro line but on consumer models you need to make it affordable for soccer moms.

canon rebel t3i also is a great dslr, see the t3i vs t4i comparison´╝î http://t3ivst4i.com, due to the new t4i released, I believe t3i will have a great discount recently.

davidlovelin

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »
Thanks

I think it looks COOL! Chunky yet compact.  8)  And yes, it's by far the best bodycap on the planet.

PW

You are right!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »

Hillsilly

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 01:01:29 AM »
That was kind of my point.  Consumers wont spend this much on new body.  They will either go with the one that's cheaper (and quite capable I might add) or realize that a consumer model is not what they need and jump right to the semi-pro models.

A couple of weeks ago, 1100D+kit lens prices dropped to under $AUD500 and I received a couple of queries about "should I buy it".  Yet the 550D is only $50 more.  And the 600D body is only high $500's.  Yet nobody asked about these - the interest was solely in the cheapest model.  In fact, because a lot of department stores only sell the 1100D, none of these people even knew that other camera models even existed. I know, I'm shocked too!  But believe me, there are people out there who aren't fully conversant in the features, subtle differences, pros and negatives of every Canon camera on the market.   
1000FN | 7E | 3000 | 3 | LS-100TS

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 04:39:09 AM »
due to the new t4i released, I believe t3i will have a great discount recently.

.. and so does the t2i - both running magic lantern right now :-)

The older 60d really seems to be quite attractive if you don't need the 650d's touchscreen & video af - there have been some questions around here, too, which one to get. But that won't be forever, by photokina Canon might phase out the 60d and replace it with a higher-priced model.

If the prices of the recently announced stuff are glimpses of things to come, there's no point in waiting for Photokina to see what Canon has under its sleeve.

What's currently happening imho is the only (and thus smart) choice Canon has. The pressure from below is building up, there are mirrorless systems and many manufacturers can build decent entry-level cameras. And Canon will be a major mirrorless player in this market too. So they have to move their dslr line up, we simply have to face that. On the bright side, the new models will be very feature-complete for Canon to be able to sell them.

lola

• Canon AE-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 05:39:17 AM »

Ken Rockwell and DxO will review it soon

Ken is behind the game, I would have expected him to have a full review out on Friday!  ;D ;D ;D

Making fun of Ken Rockwell - even though he very well deserves it - doesn't make you look pro. FYI.
20D, 40D, 5D, 5D Mark II, 1DX, D800 EF 17-40mm. f/4.0 L USM, EF 70-200mm. f/2.8 L USM, EF 24-105mm. f/4 L IS USM, EF 100mm. f/2.8 L IS USM Macro, AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm. f/2.8 G ED VR II, AF Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 05:44:29 AM »

Ken is behind the game, I would have expected him to have a full review out on Friday!  ;D ;D ;D

Making fun of Ken Rockwell - even though he very well deserves it - doesn't make you look pro. FYI.
i think brian will be the first to admit he's not a pro :P
APS-H Fanboy

clicstudio

• EOS M2
  • {+}
    • View Profile
    • clic::studio photography
Wanna see video of continuous focusing
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 08:15:37 AM »
I would like to see a video of the continuous focusing. Coupled to the articulating touch screen and a digic 5 processor, this Camera seems like a winner and a very inexpensive one, in fact.
:)
Canon 1D X, Canon 24-70 F2.8L II,  Canon SpeedLite 600 EX-RT, 5x Paul C. Buff Einstein Flashes with Pocket Wizard PowerMC2's, Pocket Wizard Mini-TT1, Pocket Wizard AC3.

briansquibb

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 08:19:55 AM »

I dont even look like a pro - good job I wasn't making fun of Ken or DxO then

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 08:19:55 AM »

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 09:04:43 AM »

I dont even look like a pro - good job I wasn't making fun of Ken or DxO then

Wait, who's Ken Rockwell?  <- See, now THAT makes you not look like a pro (Yes, I know who Rockwell is) :D
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

BCMAR15

Re: Wanna see video of continuous focusing
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 11:34:11 AM »
I would like to see a video of the continuous focusing. Coupled to the articulating touch screen and a digic 5 processor, this Camera seems like a winner and a very inexpensive one, in fact.
:)

Uh, YouTube?

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Wanna see video of continuous focusing
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 11:34:11 AM »