December 08, 2016, 11:45:51 AM

Author Topic: Beautiful sunsets  (Read 312805 times)

philmoz

• Rebel T6i
Re: Beautiful sunsets
« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2014, 03:17:50 AM »
Hi dilbert.
Please could you show us a picture of yours to show us how it should be done, or if you don't have one perhaps a detailed explanation of the technique and processing needed to achieve no blown highlights. Whilst you at doing that the rest of us can take our pictures wih blown highlights and at least have something to show!

Cheers Graham.

I can't believe how many of these images have blown highlights.

This is one of the first ever sunset pictures that I took with a DSLR. Unfortunately it gets converted to sRGB for the web ...

Dull and lifeless.

The French will be so glad to hear you describe their capital city in that way.

This has nothing to do with where an image was taken, it's the depiction of it. That shot has no soul.

A photographer cannot capture what isn't there, so if there is no soul in that photograph then there is no soul in Paris.

By that logic, since there are no orange cars in the image, therefore there are no orange cars in Paris ::)

The image says far more about the ability of the photographer than it does about Paris.

Phil.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2014, 03:17:50 AM »

Northstar

• 1D X Mark II
« Reply #406 on: June 15, 2014, 05:23:10 AM »
On a monster road trip this summer, we stopped by Yellowstone and experienced one of the most amazing sunsets I've ever had:

IMG_6864 by yorgasor, on Flickr
Excellent shot ... great work.

agreed...very fine piece of art!
Sport Shooter

1dX and 5d3... 24-70 2.8ii, 70-200 2.8ii, 1.4xiii and 2xiii, 85, 40mm, 300 2.8L IS....430ex

brad-man

• 5DSR
« Reply #407 on: June 15, 2014, 05:33:44 AM »
Hi dilbert.
Please could you show us a picture of yours to show us how it should be done, or if you don't have one perhaps a detailed explanation of the technique and processing needed to achieve no blown highlights. Whilst you at doing that the rest of us can take our pictures wih blown highlights and at least have something to show!

Cheers Graham.

This is one of the first ever sunset pictures that I took with a DSLR. Unfortunately it gets converted to sRGB for the web ...

Dull and lifeless.

This has nothing to do with where an image was taken, it's the depiction of it. That shot has no soul.

A photographer cannot capture what isn't there, so if there is no soul in that photograph then there is no soul in Paris.

By that logic, since there are no orange cars in the image, therefore there are no orange cars in Paris ::)

touche!

The image says far more about the ability of the photographer than it does about Paris.

What, you mean I have no soul?!?! OMG, how will I live without having a soul! Let me find a bridge to jump off!

Can't we just enjoy some nice sunsets without getting into flaming insults and cheap shots? Is this all we have?

PS:  @Dilbert    Please let me know when and where so I can prove that my 7D has not reached the end of its life :)

Don Haines

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
  • posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986
« Reply #408 on: June 15, 2014, 07:11:19 AM »
Hi dilbert.

Cheers Graham.

Dull and lifeless.

touche!

What, you mean I have no soul?!?! OMG, how will I live without having a soul! Let me find a bridge to jump off!
Chill out gentlemen......
You are all missing the most important aspect of the picture.... He took it from the middle of a busy street in Paris and did not get run over :)

The best camera is the one in your hands

candyman

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #409 on: June 15, 2014, 09:38:57 AM »
An old one with 350D and S17-70
The more you look, the more you see ─ Robert M. Pirsig

Click

• Zeiss 50mm F 0.7
« Reply #410 on: June 15, 2014, 09:39:22 AM »
Great series SloPhoto. Well done Matt.

petach

• Canon 70D
« Reply #411 on: June 16, 2014, 11:25:21 PM »
If any exif says ipad......ignore!  Snapseed editor on the pad overwrites exif. 

Sydney Aus

Lin looking over to the sydney harbour bridge by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Maldon, Essex

maldon panorama by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Lake Taupo NZ

Taupo sunset by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Point Nepean NZ

Sunset from Point Nepean. by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Live fast....die when it fits your schedule.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #411 on: June 16, 2014, 11:25:21 PM »

Click

• Zeiss 50mm F 0.7
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »
Lovely series petach.

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2014, 08:31:02 PM »
Petach, lovely pictures! Love the first one.

EdB

• Canon AE-1
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2014, 09:43:33 PM »
Hi dilbert.

Cheers Graham.

Dull and lifeless.

Wow, that's really pathetic. Is that the best you have?

Well why don't you show me how it is done? After all, you've been shooting for 40 years so after that much time behind a camera, every click of your button must be gold.

Doesn't matter how long someone shoots, no one ever makes great photography with every click. Check your PMs.

sparda79

• Rebel T6i
    • Tingkap Vistaku
« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2014, 11:47:49 PM »
Hi dilbert.

Cheers Graham.

Dull and lifeless.

Well why don't you show me how it is done? After all, you've been shooting for 40 years so after that much time behind a camera, every click of your button must be gold.

Doesn't matter how long someone shoots, no one ever makes great photography with every click. Check your PMs.

CANON RUMORS - I came for the rumors, I stayed for the dramas..  ;D
EOS 6D | 24-105L | 100L | 70-200L II | 2x III | RX100M3

petach

• Canon 70D
« Reply #416 on: June 18, 2014, 02:54:22 AM »
Hi dilbert.

Cheers Graham.

Dull and lifeless.

CANON RUMORS - I came for the rumors, I stayed for the dramas..  ;D

It would be a drama if we could see them duke it out.
Live fast....die when it fits your schedule.

Krob78

• 5DSR
  • When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
« Reply #417 on: June 19, 2014, 11:00:12 AM »
Another day escapes from the tumultuous tempest, we call time!  :)
Ken

5D MK III, EOS M3, 100-400L II, 11-24L, 70-200 2.8L II, 24-70LIS, 17-40L, 16-35 4L, 600 EX-RT, 430EX-RT, 1.4X III, 2.0X III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #417 on: June 19, 2014, 11:00:12 AM »

Click

• Zeiss 50mm F 0.7
« Reply #418 on: June 19, 2014, 11:08:58 AM »
Great shot. Beautiful sky.  8)

Krob78

• 5DSR
  • When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
« Reply #419 on: June 19, 2014, 04:40:23 PM »
Great shot. Beautiful sky.  8)
Thank you Click!  :D
Ken

5D MK III, EOS M3, 100-400L II, 11-24L, 70-200 2.8L II, 24-70LIS, 17-40L, 16-35 4L, 600 EX-RT, 430EX-RT, 1.4X III, 2.0X III

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #419 on: June 19, 2014, 04:40:23 PM »