Better frames per second
11 (11.7%)
More autofocus points
36 (38.3%)
Raw video
12 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Voting closed: April 13, 2011, 12:43:48 PM

Author Topic: What do you want from the 5D mk III  (Read 96975 times)

alipaulphotography

Re: What do you want from the 5D mk III
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2011, 10:37:13 AM »
I voted for better AF, as I think it would be suicide for Canon not to do so.

You should vote with what you want the most! It would likely be suicide, but it isn't my most wanted feature.

www.alipaul.com

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2011, 10:37:13 AM »

Bill Pryor

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »
I would be a very happy camper if they would improve the moire issue, provide full HDMI out so people who want to could record more uncompressed to an Atmos or equivalent box. It would also be nice if they made an audio pod, similar to the old Sony PD150's, that would attach to the hotshoe, with 2 XLR inputs and real audio meters. Or, what the hell, they could just put the 5D's chip into a body like the XH A1!

WarStreet

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2011, 01:05:45 PM »
I guess it is to be expected a 28mp, about 2/3 or 1 stop noise improvement, and maybe a 1 stop Dynamic range improvement especially in the high ISO range. An improved AF, maybe similar to the 7D, new small features found on the latest cameras, and maybe a 100% viewfinder. There is no doubt they will do all sort of video improvements too since they want to keep the good momentum in the video area. 

BUT....  the FPS is the only area we might not see a big improvement since this is not what the camera is intended for. Can you imagine such a camera with 8FPS ? It will be a super camera, with highest image quality , together with good enough AF and FPS for most situations and users. I think that's why I voted for FPS, as it is what I believe it's weak point.

With no competition, we will never see something like this, but with strong competition we might see a good improvement. Sony translucent a33 and a55 as far as I know cost less than a 60D and they have 7FPS and 10FPS respectively. The new A77 is expected to cost similar to the 60D and is expected (reliable rumors) to have 24MP and 10FPS with very high ISO capabilities. If it is true that a cheap APS-C camera can do 10FPS with 24MP  I guess Canon do need to improve FPS in most of their cameras.  They need to take care about the new FF cameras from Sony which will compete with the 5DIII. Sony has no interest to limit specs on their cameras, they just need to show off big time to steal clients. I think a big weakness of Sony is some side-effects related with the translucent technology, but still, I am happy to see such a competition which hopefully should mean a better 5DIII  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:18:53 PM by WarStreet »

lol

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • My dA
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2011, 01:49:57 PM »
You should vote with what you want the most! It would likely be suicide, but it isn't my most wanted feature.

It is what I want most, pipping a big jump in MP count as my 2nd choice. e.g. scale the 18MP APS-C sensor up and you get about 46MP. FF sensors have always lagged the density of smaller sensors so I'd settle for 30MP+. Of course everyone has different needs so I can imagine that wont appeal to everyone.
Canon 1D, 300D IR, 450D full spectrum, 600D, 5D2, 7D, EF 35/2, 50/1.8, 85/1.8, 135/2+SF, 70-300L, 100-400L
EF-S 15-85, TS-E 24, MP-E 65, Zeiss 50/2 macro, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8 OS, Samyang 8mm fisheye

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2011, 03:27:29 PM »
You should vote with what you want the most!

What I want the most isn't really there...more AF points is closest.  Frankly, I think 15 is enough (pretty close to the 7D's 19-points, and on the 7D it's really rare that I select anything that's not either the center point or one on the outer ring).  What I want is better AF - hopefully, we can all recognize that more AF points does not mean better AF.  I want all cross-type sensors, a diagonal f/2.8-sensitive center point (the 5DII's center point has just a horizontal f/2.8 line, the vertical line is f/5.6-sensitive), and the low-light AF performance of the current sensor maintained or even improved.
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

alipaulphotography

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2011, 04:53:34 PM »
You should vote with what you want the most!
What I want is better AF

Very good point which I should have rephrased in the poll. As the phase goes: 'Quality not quantity'.

D700/5DmkII hybrid for the 5dMKIII would be super.

Thanks Canon!

Lawliet

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2011, 04:34:41 AM »
What I want is better AF - hopefully, we can all recognize that more AF points does not mean better AF.

A wider spread of AF points would be nice, transplant the 7D module and you get a very sophisticated large center point.

"More" comes almost for free. f/2,8 cross sensors tend to require intersecting sensor lines with those of the surrounding points. Change the readout patterns and you have an additional point inbetween. :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2011, 04:34:41 AM »

AlicoatePhotography

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2011, 09:30:15 AM »
I would like to see the 5D continue to be a game changer.
5d Affordable Full Frame, incredible image quality
5dII 1080P video
5dII raw video

I can't see anything else being such a big deal. 
But I still want more:
  • I would like to see the dedicated video button, but that is a given.
    6FPS
    28MP
    Wider AF points (this is required)  this can't come from the 7d. an APS-C AF isn't large enough.
    7d like AF features
    The ability to use a crop of sensor for higher magnification video.(and much less moire)
    Higher resolution video than 1080P 4K maybe.

prestonpalmer

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2011, 09:38:52 AM »
In all honesty this is what I would really like to see included in the 5DIII.

1.  Built in legs, arms and AI.  This way the camera can wake up before me in the morning, go to the kitchen and make me some bacon and eggs and deliver it to me in the bedroom.  While I eat the camera goes into my office and starts editing, processing, uploading and delivering finished products via print and web to my clients.  Of course these are photos that the camera took by itself after I showed it the exact STYLE me and my clients like.  When done with that work the camera goes off and shoots some creative stuff just for fun and after a long full day of work the camera sets itself in the charger ready to go again tomorrow.

I really don't think this is too much to ask from Canon.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »
A removable AA filter

alipaulphotography

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »

1.  Built in legs, arms and AI.  This way the camera can wake up before me in the morning, go to the kitchen and make me some bacon and eggs and deliver it to me in the bedroom.  While I eat the camera goes into my office and starts editing, processing, uploading and delivering finished products via print and web to my clients.  Of course these are photos that the camera took by itself after I showed it the exact STYLE me and my clients like.  When done with that work the camera goes off and shoots some creative stuff just for fun and after a long full day of work the camera sets itself in the charger ready to go again tomorrow.

Let's hope canon are listening. I don't like disappointment

endigo

« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2011, 05:20:06 PM »

This is totally absurd, There is no way Canon will make a charging dock for their DSLRs!

NotABunny

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2011, 03:03:59 AM »

And what is 5D4 supposed to do then?

I want it to have a sensor split in 4, where every second (RGGB) pixel (vertically and horizontally) can be exposed with different settings (ISO or shutter speed), so that we can take HDRs at any moment.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2011, 03:03:59 AM »

Cannon Man

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2011, 07:32:19 AM »
This is what i think they will do.. (at least what i think they should)
It will have about 28mp, i think it deserves to have a bigger body and more of a quality feel to it, the built wuality feels like its a 50D (not as big as 1D though) because i hate using a battery grip and without it its just too small. and then they could up the price to 3500€ from 2000€ or am i the only one who thinks its too cheap??

I dont care about iso performance, i want it to look and feel like a pro camera and if they up the price maby they could make it better than 150 000 cycles, more MP will come without a question... I think Canon is working on next level sensors or somehow taking a bigger step because there is no word on the 1Ds Mark IV that im waitin for that normally would have come already.

azf

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2011, 07:39:40 AM »
I guess I'm quite easy to please.  If these three things are met, I'm getting one:

- Better high iso performance. Two stops' improvement would make it on par with nikons, and I'd be delighted with that.
- About the same price Mk2 was as new
- Available
- (Not worse than Mk2 in any major way)

As long as they keep CF slot and the same battery that is already in Mk2, I'm all set. I haven't been in situations where my shots would've had any technical quality problems due to gear, so there's not much point in craving for more pixels or anything.

And my Mk2 is starting to show some wear and tear, so I probably have to retire it to being spare real soon now.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2011, 07:39:40 AM »