May 24, 2018, 06:42:47 AM

Author Topic: August Nikon D4, D400... how and when will Canon respond?  (Read 16193 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• CR GEEK
Re: August Nikon D4, D400... how and when will Canon respond?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »
I don't really care what Nikon release, I do care what Canon release. I'm in the Market for a second body and currently only have a 1D4 to choose to match my 5D2. My next body will have a far superior focusing system to the 5D2 and have 2 memory card slots, I don't care what the model name is.

Oh, and I would like to see it released some where before I retire :-)

I retired before DSLR's came out.   I'm hoping to get a new one before I get too old to use it.   

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »

dr croubie

• EOS 5DS R
  • Too many photos, too little time.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »
the D300 and D300S compete (poorly) against the 7D.

in all areas except one major, the d300s takes 2 cards (i think 1xCF and 1xSD. but still, any backup is better than none).
and the nikon has (allegedly) better (flash) metering and more AF points (how well they work, no idea).
otherwise, the 7d wins on MP, (just) on FPS, and 1080p video...
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

NXT1000

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 09:41:18 PM »
Trust me, if there were no Nikon, we'd wait a lot longer for new Canon gear.

yeah i agree 100%, in fact canon waiting for the announcement too. That is why there will be no 5D3 without finding out what their only rival will do. The sooner D8 comes out, the sooner we get our sweatly palms on 5D3.

motorhead

• EOS 80D
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 04:50:03 AM »
As a very satisfied user of both Nikon and Canon over the years, I am highly amused at the number of users of both marques who complain bitterly about what they currently use and plan to jump to the "other side". It appears that the old belief that "the grass is greener on the other side" is still strong on both sides of the fence.

It is certainly true that Canon and Nikon have very different approaches to the finer points of camera features, but whether one or the other suits a particular person best is entirely a personal issue. I jumped from Nikon manual focus film bodies (FE and FA) straight to an Eos3 and it was a real struggle to get to grips with the everything. Not so much the sudden jump to far newer technology, although that did not help, as the complete culture change. I've found the move to digital from film much easier to cope with, but then I've stayed with Canon.

Eagle Eye

• EOS M5
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »
Who cares?  Canon is still pulling the majority share in the SLR market.  There is no rush for them to come out with a product to "compete" with Nikon.  Nikon is competing with Canon, not the other way around.  It will likely not be that way for long, as Nikon has been aggressively pushing their R&D for new models, but Canon has time now, especially in this economy, to milk their existing technologies.  From a corporate perspective, this allows Canon to maximize profits while minimizing expenditures.  I'd expect to see modest steps forward in the coming year. 
Gear! When do we get gear?!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »